If Windows 10 does not show up in your Windows Update

Started by Calvingreen17., July 30, 2015, 09:22

Joshy

Quote from: Ethan on August 01, 2015, 22:19
Quote from: Emily on August 01, 2015, 08:21
........My desktop failed many times until I removed it's recovery partitions in diskpart.
wait, you removed your recovery partition? My computer said I needed to keep that when I look what was on it
If you know what you're doing (seriously now) you can remove the recovery partitions. If you don't know how to install/configure the Windows boot loader, do not touch it. Just don't.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Emily

Quote from: Ethan on August 01, 2015, 22:19
Quote from: Emily on August 01, 2015, 08:21
........My desktop failed many times until I removed it's recovery partitions in diskpart.
wait, you removed your recovery partition? My computer said I needed to keep that when I look what was on it
You could also shrink your main partition and leave about 1gb of unallocated space for windows to make a recovery partition if it fails.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

was just wondering because I have a recovery partition but its nearly full simply because I reinstalled windows (original about 4GBs +/-, and had to reinstall. so another 4GBs +/-) so its pretty full and I am wondering if could get in it and delete one of them... im only guessing Windows put an additional one when I reinstalled..

mick88

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on July 30, 2015, 09:22
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Just use the ToolNow kit to force Windows 10 onto the computer, if you cant find the Get Windows 10 App or its not in your Windows Update.

I downloaded and ran this on my laptop and PC, but when I try to create installation USB, it just hangs and shows the progress spinner indefinitely. It only works when I click to upgrade the system, but I really just want to make a bootable USB to install it clean on my laptop.

Sjomp

Quote from: mick88 on August 05, 2015, 23:35

Just use the ToolNow kit to force Windows 10 onto the computer, if you cant find the Get Windows 10 App or its not in your Windows Update.

I downloaded and ran this on my laptop and PC, but when I try to create installation USB, it just hangs and shows the progress spinner indefinitely. It only works when I click to upgrade the system, but I really just want to make a bootable USB to install it clean on my laptop.

shouldn't you first update to windows 10 to get your free product key?
Not sure but that's what i have read about it, my laptop is still kinda new so I didn't do a clean install.

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Sjomp on August 06, 2015, 18:36

Not sure but that's what i have read about it, my laptop is still kinda new so I didn't do a clean install.

What he said. That's how you gotta do it.

How long did you wait anyway. The Microsoft servers are on alot of load so downloading the installation takes a long ass time alone.

Older and wiser

Ethan

once you update to windows 10 it gives you the key when youre done... no need to put one in when updating.. at least thats what happened to me..  BTW I'm liking windows 10, if I could only get rid of the search area in the taskbar, id be set

Joshy

Quote from: Ethan on August 06, 2015, 22:21

once you update to windows 10 it gives you the key when youre done... no need to put one in when updating.. at least thats what happened to me..  BTW I'm liking windows 10, if I could only get rid of the search area in the taskbar, id be set
right-click taskbar > Cortana > choose 'Hidden' or 'Show Cortana icon' (depends if you want it gone entirely or not). If you use keyboard shortcuts, you can hide it and use WIN+S to bring Cortana up (WIN+C for voice control).
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Ethan