If Windows 10 does not show up in your Windows Update

Started by Calvingreen17., July 30, 2015, 09:22

Calvingreen17.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Just use the ToolNow kit to force Windows 10 onto the computer, if you cant find the Get Windows 10 App or its not in your Windows Update.

Older and wiser

TheGame

You don't have to do difficult things to install this, right? Just click on it and then step by step installing it? Also, you don't need to order it?

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: TheGame on July 30, 2015, 10:41
You don't have to do difficult things to install this, right? Just click on it and then step by step installing it? Also, you don't need to order it?

Yeah. Its officially from Microsoft so, nothing crazy to do. No ordering it, and you can keep your files / games / etc.

Older and wiser

Ethan

Quote from: Ethan on July 29, 2015, 15:57
or just download the update needed for the windows icon to show follow the methods till you get to
"METHOD 4: Manually Install Required Windows Updates"

http://www.askvg.com/fix-get-windows-10-upgrade-app-icon-is-missing-in-taskbar/
http://www.askvg.com/download-windows-10-offline-iso-files-and-create-installation-media/
download the media if you want to install it later

gives you all the information you need to get it.. I never had the windows 10 Icon until I installed the update (from the link) and now I have my own copy of a Windows 10 pro ISO burned to a DVD I can use whenever I want to..

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Ethan on July 30, 2015, 20:17
Quote from: Ethan on July 29, 2015, 15:57
or just download the update needed for the windows icon to show follow the methods till you get to
"METHOD 4: Manually Install Required Windows Updates"

http://www.askvg.com/fix-get-windows-10-upgrade-app-icon-is-missing-in-taskbar/
http://www.askvg.com/download-windows-10-offline-iso-files-and-create-installation-media/
download the media if you want to install it later

gives you all the information you need to get it.. I never had the windows 10 Icon until I installed the update (from the link) and now I have my own copy of a Windows 10 pro ISO burned to a DVD I can use whenever I want to..

If you download the ISO, they'll make you provide a product key. Doing it this way, I didn't have to.

Older and wiser

Mr.majmun

Calvin, thanks for that, just what I was missing :)
Btw, W10 is neat
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Ethan

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on July 31, 2015, 03:40
If you download the ISO, they'll make you provide a product key. Doing it this way, I didn't have to.
we'll see whenever i decide to install it, however there was no mention of any key in that article, nor anywhere on microsoft sites where i got it.

EDIT-
I used the media creation tool here, and got an ISO.
"Before you begin

Make sure you have:
An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
Read the System Requirements.
If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key "

I would be upgrading, not reinstalling..

Calvingreen17.

Upgradimg in this case is still installing, since youll be moving in a new OS. you're installing Windows 10<<<< for the first time. You have to upgrade your current os with the Tool Now to activate your W10 key. After that, then you can do a clean install since you have your W10 key then.

Older and wiser

Dobby

I used the tool on the Microsoft website to update to Windows 10 from 8.1. Never had to put in a product key. I'm activated too
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Ethan

Quote from: Dobby on July 31, 2015, 23:45
I used the tool on the Microsoft website to update to Windows 10 from 8.1. Never had to put in a product key. I'm activated too

im just trying to update   it (yes im installing 10) but my DVD burner wont work correctly.. I put an new unused clean DVD-R in the drive and when I click to burn files, it comes up with a message about the  disc cannot be written to or something... but yet I am able to use the dvd-r as a flash drive and make it copy paste and it works.

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  EDIT- I cant even get the iso to even work.. what the hell :( :( :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Hobo

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheGame

Used the tool and installed win10 on my laptop. Took quite some hours but it was worthit. Easy way of upgrading. ;)

Emily

Quote from: TheGame on August 01, 2015, 07:08
Used the tool and installed win10 on my laptop. Took quite some hours but it was worthit. Easy way of upgrading. ;)
Tool is the best way. My desktop failed many times until I removed it's recovery partitions in diskpart. I didn't have to redownload which was so nice.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Hobo on August 01, 2015, 01:01
Just update the way windows wants you too.

Some people don't get the icon.

Quote from: Ethan on August 01, 2015, 00:28
Quote from: Dobby on July 31, 2015, 23:45

im just trying to update   it (yes im installing 10) but my DVD burner wont work correctly.. I put an new unused clean DVD-R in the drive and when I click to burn files, it comes up with a message about the  disc cannot be written to or something... but yet I am able to use the dvd-r as a flash drive and make it copy paste and it works.

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  EDIT- I cant even get the iso to even work.. what the hell :( :( :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

If you have some USB drives lying around you can burn the ISO to that. They must be 4 gigabytes or greater.

Older and wiser

Ethan

Quote from: Emily on August 01, 2015, 08:21
........My desktop failed many times until I removed it's recovery partitions in diskpart.
wait, you removed your recovery partition? My computer said I needed to keep that when I look what was on it