Need Help with My Samsung Galaxy S5

Started by Jenova_Project, June 19, 2015, 21:42

Jenova_Project

I just got this phone about 3 months ago and I already used up most of my storage space lol. However, I did notice in the Apps section that I have a lot of apps that I do not use that came with the phone, most of them are Google apps such as Google Drive and other apps. I want to delete these apps so I can create more space on my phone, however, whenever I try to Uninstall them, it doesn't let me, doesn't give me the option to. Is there a way I can disable and delete these apps off of my phone?
[hide=Signatures][/hide]

Emily

You'd have to root the device and search for root app delete or something.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Joshy

Best you can do with pre-installed apps is disable them and uninstall their updates. Updates are stored separately from the original app so deleting the updates frees some space.

If you're willing to root your phone then you can actually get rid of the applications but remember to make a working backup (aka 'nandroid backup') before removing anything.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Hobo

Quote from: Joshy on June 20, 2015, 01:17
If you're willing to root your phone then you can actually get rid of the applications but remember to make a working backup (aka 'nandroid backup') before removing anything.
You can do that or you can get an SD card for more storage. Not all apps can be moved to or installed on it though. But you can put all your music and shit on it.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheGame

Try a SD card and also install Appmgrlll. Great app to manage your installed and pre-installed apps. Im using this app for my S2 and it really saves me memory.

Mr.Me

i have samsung galaxy s3 neo i got tons and tons of usles apps googkle play google games google fuck you and samsung play and shit google take picture lol you cant delete that shit apps i have rooted my phone downloaded some uninstall apps and you can with that delete all system apps but ur phone need to be root

here is how to root https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPcEeMhlR_8
do it on your own responsibility
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...