News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

San Andreas News

Started by Mr.majmun, June 02, 2015, 12:30

Mr.majmun

Hello people :)
Yesterday I was checking the website forums etc. and found that San Andreas News is still up there.
I am wondering why this is not active anymore and giving a suggestion to revive it, I don't exactly how it all worked but I think it would be a good idea to bring it back, I think it would be interesting :)
What do you guys and girls think?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Turnpike

Oh yeah! I remember that, it was always really cool.

+1

Let's revive it, it was a great addition to the forum.

Dobby

San Andreas News was made by players. Its never been "official" so you're more than welcome to re-start it if you feel.

I'm tempted to get a domain for a couple of years to do this  O0 O0
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

chosen_potato

Yeah i remember when its started from club xDD

+1 for that

Ethan

Quote from: Mr.majmun on June 02, 2015, 12:30
I am wondering why this is not active anymore
Because people who "ran it" stopped doing stories for it thus it died.. Hell I even made custom graphics and edited cars for this but when I was done, so was the club/board.

Mr.majmun

Quote from: Ethan on June 02, 2015, 14:41
Quote from: Mr.majmun on June 02, 2015, 12:30
I am wondering why this is not active anymore
Because people who "ran it" stopped doing stories for it thus it died.. Hell I even made custom graphics and edited cars for this but when I was done, so was the club/board.
Well, if anyone shows me how and helps me with reviving I am gonna try do something, if not, then obviously I can't do anything.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

TheGame

I dont think San News will be as great as before. The server is less interesting and the only  thing you can write about is convoys.. But go ahead and try it.

Off topic: Yaay, post 2000 :D

Xero

I think the news thing was pretty cool, even I was going to join but then went inactive but being back I'd try help if I could as there's usually something to talk about.  :like:

Emily

If you guys wanted, I could set up a Wordpress site from my home server and grab a free domain.

I would also make any one interesting in doing this an Editor.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Emily on June 02, 2015, 22:29
If you guys wanted, I could set up a Wordpress site from my home server and grab a free domain.

Add meh pl0x  :ccmas:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Emily

Quote from: CarlJohnson on June 03, 2015, 01:30

Well, it's setting up. I'm going to do this one differently. If you're interested in becoming an editor, pm me your emails and desired usernames, and I will set up your account with a random password. That password will then be emailed to your provided account.

The domain can be temporary. If someone wants to purchase a domain, talk to me.

http://sannews.netai.net/

There ya go.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Mr.majmun

Quote from: Emily on June 03, 2015, 02:36
Quote from: CarlJohnson on June 03, 2015, 01:30

Well, it's setting up. I'm going to do this one differently. If you're interested in becoming an editor, pm me your emails and desired usernames, and I will set up your account with a random password. That password will then be emailed to your provided account.

The domain can be temporary. If someone wants to purchase a domain, talk to me.

http://sannews.netai.net/

There ya go.
Well, that escalated quickly :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Xero

Are people going to be able to write about anything or is there going to be positions to apply for?

Different types of things to report on:

• Marketplace - People can talk about the homes that are available (Like a real estate agent might) or even interview people with the biggest houses in CT.
  • Clubs - I'm not sure how this would work out right now, perhaps like the market place showing bases for sale or even showing the different bases on CT and how they operate perhaps in interview style again
  • Entertainment - This could cover any and all events coming up in CT or Videos or Pictures from the server. It could also include other sections like movies coming out, new music etc
  • Obituaries - A list of players that were not noobs but only intended to hack to get banned, or players who just quit. This could be hard cause if you put a player down and they come back a month later they never really left lol
  • For Sale - This could be a form feature added, where people can put the information on the vehicle they're selling in the form and it shows up in the for sale section. People could even fill out a form to show the house they are selling, or going to be selling as well. I was going to say advertising section but I think too many players would spam their bases and anything else they wanted to and it would become cluttered with ads, unless there's a way to counter it.
  • Opinions - This could relate to certain things people have suggested on the forums. Everyone can do their own opinion pages too so that way it keeps it open for all reporters. Comments sections could be added but they might have to be monitored
  • Community - Things that happen in CT, such as the loss or arrival of a new admins/mods, clubs that get new sub boards (this could be more related to the clubs section), any changes in staff like dev/map/script teams etc.

These are just examples of how to keep the news more interesting. Sure some sections will have less articles but at least there will be variety. I'm not saying all this should be handled as I outlined, but at least it'll give an idea of what people can choose to report on and what they might expect.

Dobby

Since this isn't server related (its an unofficial thing). I'm going to move the topic.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Emily

Quote from: Xero on June 03, 2015, 15:42
Are people going to be able to write about anything or is there going to be positions to apply for?

Different types of things to report on:

• Marketplace - People can talk about the homes that are available (Like a real estate agent might) or even interview people with the biggest houses in CT.
  • Clubs - I'm not sure how this would work out right now, perhaps like the market place showing bases for sale or even showing the different bases on CT and how they operate perhaps in interview style again
  • Entertainment - This could cover any and all events coming up in CT or Videos or Pictures from the server. It could also include other sections like movies coming out, new music etc
  • Obituaries - A list of players that were not noobs but only intended to hack to get banned, or players who just quit. This could be hard cause if you put a player down and they come back a month later they never really left lol
  • For Sale - This could be a form feature added, where people can put the information on the vehicle they're selling in the form and it shows up in the for sale section. People could even fill out a form to show the house they are selling, or going to be selling as well. I was going to say advertising section but I think too many players would spam their bases and anything else they wanted to and it would become cluttered with ads, unless there's a way to counter it.
  • Opinions - This could relate to certain things people have suggested on the forums. Everyone can do their own opinion pages too so that way it keeps it open for all reporters. Comments sections could be added but they might have to be monitored
  • Community - Things that happen in CT, such as the loss or arrival of a new admins/mods, clubs that get new sub boards (this could be more related to the clubs section), any changes in staff like dev/map/script teams etc.

These are just examples of how to keep the news more interesting. Sure some sections will have less articles but at least there will be variety. I'm not saying all this should be handled as I outlined, but at least it'll give an idea of what people can choose to report on and what they might expect.
I'm not going to be in charge of anything clubwise. I'm just granting membership at the site. You can pm me a desired username and email, and I'll get you setup.

Keep in mind, I'm making people interested editors. Any off topic posting and/or inappropriate posting will result in immediate account termination.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT