Race builder for events

Started by Xero, May 30, 2015, 20:45

Xero

People like events, I know I do but it's hard to do an event when people don't go to the forum to check how the event works. Racing events, which I think people love to do, are an event I would like to be able to create better without having to disturb other people trucking.

Making available the ability to join another world, where people aren't trucking, is a way to achieve this along with a race building filter added to create race events. People can make their own custom race events, which would be nice when people get bored of trucking.

Example of how it would work:

• Player creates event using a cmd, like /createevent
  • Player chooses world, World 0 being CT main world, World 1 and up being other available worlds
  • Player chooses starting position, checkpoints and end position
  • Once complete, player types /startevent and players joining event would be teleported to event world and await /countdown for race to begin

Basically just a rough sketch, but you see where I'm coming from. CT needs a little more options like this I believe which can give clubs and people creating events some form of control. I'm not saying take a filterscript as our own, Mick doesn't do that, but use one or more as a reference point perhaps.

Ethan

you can make races in MTA, convert it and somehow run it as a script... Ive made several races on a friends server.

Turnpike

I'm not a scripter but it sounds like this would be something that could take a long time to script. However, this is a great idea and I think if it could be pulled off it would be awesome! I would love to have this, I think it would lead to players creating more events, as well as more variety.

Bottom line: More events = More FUN!!!

Xero

It does take time to script, but if you look at how others have scripted various builders there can be a way to script it without having to start on nothing. There is no rule stating you can not recreate an idea.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the server name?:
What is 7 + 4?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview