News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Annoyed

Started by Quotary, May 27, 2015, 22:55

Quotary

Yeah.. Not sure how to start this topic, so let's just dive into it..

I've been inactive on the server lately but I've been checking the forums at least every other day out of habit.

I've become annoyed with the fact that there are people who are desperately trying to become an administrator/moderator and even act like one even though they (and we..) know they aren't one.
This annoyance has driven me to write this topic but has also driven me to lose interest in CT, both of which I will probably regret on a later point.

It's hard not to give an example of this, so I will in this first version of this post. (if it will even exist to be eligible for revisions instead of getting deleted)
This does mean I need to directly blame a person, which isn't something I'm proud of doing and will probably hurt my "reputation".

CarlJohnson has made a topic about staff team inactivity in which he expresses his feelings about the staff team's inactivity.
To a certain extend he is right, the staff team is somewhat inactive, but the way the post is written it sounds like he's in charge. #1
He also replied to a moderator abuse report in a way that he sounds like an administrator. #2
Even though he keeps apologizing for posting, this doesn't make it right.

[hide=coughevidencecough]
Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 05, 2015, 16:39
Not many responses and that pretty much explains what is going around, I'd like admins to kindly take measures to solve this problem.
Carl.
i can feel the hate already, i didn't even post it yet
Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 25, 2015, 06:34
*snip*
I really don't expect someone with 5 hours spent in game in last seven days to perfectly know what's going around at server!
People are coming back, server is gaining players day by day, not only in Euro Timezone but also in US Timezone.
*snip*
~Carl

I got distracted and didn't want to gather more "evidence",[/hide]

I'm sure there are other people who are exactly like this, but I just had to point it out and share it before I suppress the thoughts and express it in another way which would probably end worse.

TL;DR: I'm a dick and hereby share my thoughts (which are probably "wrong" as in not shared by most people).

Real TL;DR: I think people need to know their rank.
In this case: development team =/= moderator/administrator

Quotary

Oh, by the way, to people who got insulted, hurt, hit by a car/roadtrain, punched in the stomach, a yelling mother/father, or eyecancer. I'm not sorry.

Joshy

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Ethan

Quote from: Joshy on May 27, 2015, 23:00
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

and yet Carl takes it to another level

Dobby

Its nothing to worry about. If carl overstepped his mark i bet he'd realise it later (i've told him this a few times actually). He likes the server that's all. If the staff are inactive then he has as much right as anyone else to question this. Of course the admins are all off playing GTA V*.

I'd be very careful where this topic goes from here. If i catch anyone disrespecting Carl, you will be warned.

Example:

Quote from: Ethan on May 27, 2015, 23:56
and yet Carl takes it to another level

* I've always said that admins ran off for GTA V. No disrespect intended. I play the damn game too (with a fukkin admin).
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Mr.majmun

I know it is none of my business, but Carl is just trying so hard, because he really loves the server and wants to get it more popular again, that's why all the events he is making. He sometimes maybe tries to hard, but it is his choice what to do with the time he has and he decided to put that time into trying to improve the server.
In my honest opinion this server needs a guy or 2 like him to keep stuff in motion on the server and the forums, new topics, new events...
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Emily

Quote from: Mr.majmun on May 28, 2015, 00:10
I know it is none of my business, but Carl is just trying so hard, because he really loves the server and wants to get it more popular again, that's why all the events he is making. He sometimes maybe tries to hard, but it is his choice what to do with the time he has and he decided to put that time into trying to improve the server.
In my honest opinion this server needs a guy or 2 like him to keep stuff in motion on the server and the forums, new topics, new events...

There's not enough people though. If I could give all my money to advertise the server, I would. If I had time to put into this, I would, but I don't. Summer is coming, and I'll be off work more often. But, I, like many others, are getting involved in newer games with beautiful stories and graphics. I know a lot of us are also getting burned out from working here and putting our time in. Carl will say replace us with active people, but it's not easy. It also depends on timezones, and most active people during these times don't have enough experience.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

krisu

Quote from: Mr.majmun on May 28, 2015, 00:10
This so much. Carl is one of few positive things what this server has gotten lately and we need more players like him.

Viper

Where is my pop corn :D
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

Tyler

Quote from: Dobby on May 28, 2015, 00:01
Of course the admins are all off playing GTA V*.

Can't even play GTA V. fml.

*goes on gta v*

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Viper

Quote from: Tyler on May 28, 2015, 13:32
Quote from: Dobby on May 28, 2015, 00:01
Of course the admins are all off playing GTA V*.

Can't even play GTA V. fml.

*goes on gta v*

Heads to gta v already YOLO
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

CarlJohnson

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

chosen_potato

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 31, 2015, 12:30
Sorry!
Lol you dont have to sorry for trying..

So what if its annoying other players? I dont see them trying that hard.

Wizzer

The only thing you can complain is GTA V. Soon you will be stolen by him as well :dislike:
[hide=Steam]
[hide=stats]
Quote from: a ban appealWhat actually was happening:
lv was fleeing police and suddenly porqe not sack me and went back inside and did not let me
Quote from: Sorin on May 14, 2015, 19:23
Quote from: Emily on May 14, 2015, 19:04
Quote from: asjhfbisyadfb69 on May 14, 2015, 16:50
So many people from romania lol
no wonder everyone asks for help
:ukiddn:
Quote from: asjhfbisyadfb69 on May 15, 2015, 12:37
The other day I got rammed so hard against the wall my vehicle jumped in the hair and went from perfect to broken wtf.

Quote from: Guest on June 02, 2015, 20:36
Good afternoon some time ago stopped playing Samp personal problems recently reopened it and I appeared Banding not know why I really seems unfair that I Page Broken Dishes Another's hope I solve the problem Regards
Quote from: StrangerWizzer has 6 letters, 6 is our first number, there are 2 z, 2 is our second number, 6-2=4. 4 is our third number, your rest of your name letters are not doubled, 1 is our forth number, 4-1=3. A triangle was 3 thingy things. iluminati is triangle, Wizzer = iluminati comfirmed.
Joci [06 Jun 20:12]:   We need an admin hacker online -.-

Mr.majmun

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 31, 2015, 12:30
Sorry!
Why sorry?! You are trying to do all the best for server and people hate it...
This logic is out of this world, it is like: Uh, I like doing this, but that guy is doing it better, so I need to start saying shit about him..
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.