few ideas for the server

Started by Goldy., May 16, 2015, 18:46

Goldy.

So what I am suggesting for now is just an idea, it can be changed I'm just giving the basic idea.

I was thinking that only by giving the admins an impulse to be more active in game they will actually be( I guess), you can do that by actually giving them a monthly payment based on their playtime in that month like:
Let's say you have got a  total of 50 hours played in the month April. If you get at least 100k - 50k/ hour spent in game I bet they will come online alot more than they do now.

About guys which already got all they want(house/cars, etc..), big score, and no need of money, well no problem the money they have to receive can be noted down somewhere in the forum or a special bank(you can name rename it however you would like to do) could be created where they can deposit money which will be used in events that are going to be hold weekly or that are going to be used in any way you want but for the players, ONLY FOR THEM, or just games like go to the Special Bank point at "blabla store, or bank or house or you just can use the 3 banks IN SF-LV-LS + the island ones if you want and the point they will have to go on will be randomly chosen" and type the following code "a random generated code" - you will have a chance to win from let's say 1% to 15% of the money that are in the "special bank" in that moment, first one who types the code in will get it, remember "special bank" can only get money lodged in by staff members ONLY from their payments and not from their work/borrowed and etc. This can make players get excited and like it very much and actually call out their friend on the server.
And create an activity thread that tracks down the playtime of the staff members weekly, that thread will be updated by a nominated staff member every week.

Yea about donating, there is no point in donating at the moment, like what ? only for VIP which gives you nothing, I tought of when you donate you get some "donor points" let's say which you can spend in shop, you will be able to spend those donor points on:
VIP rank - X donor points
"X" ammount of money - X donor points and so on.
(you can give ideas for what to add here)

And an idea which Dobby mentioned ingame, spike strips for cops, but it would be more interesting if the cops can only use it when the nearest suspect has 3 stars +.

I know this is not something usual but worths giving it a try.

StarFish

Quote from: Goldy. on May 16, 2015, 18:46
So what I am suggesting for now is just an idea, it can be changed I'm just giving the basic idea.

I was thinking that only by giving the admins an impulse to be more active in game they will actually be( I guess), you can do that by actually giving them a monthly payment based on their playtime in that month like:
Let's say you have got a  total of 50 hours played in the month April. If you get at least 100k - 50k/ hour spent in game I bet they will come online alot more than they do now.
I don't think this will happen, nobody will pay you for playing on the server, nor if you are admin. Mick pays for the server hosting, that's enough.
URMJK420

Goldy.

Quote from: StarFish on May 16, 2015, 19:48

I don't think this will happen, nobody will pay you for playing on the server, nor if you are admin. Mick pays for the server hosting, that's enough.

I'm prett sure i didn't talked about real money but ingame money ...

Emily

Quote from: Goldy. on May 16, 2015, 20:46

In game money.. Let's say we make a script, and it pays every 30 ig days (like interest) based on your time in the 7 irl days. I don't really care either way, and I don't think this is much of an incentive to play. It'd also give an unfair advantage over other players. Yes, we do have the commands, but we aren't supposed to use them for personal advantage. Either way, ig money isn't really an incentive to play. The game is old, GTAV is on PC and so are other very amazing games. We have better things to do, and all of us have work and/or school.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

AMG

:dislike: :dislike: :dislike:

but :like: for cop thing
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

CarlJohnson

LOL admins aren't money hungry monkeys xD.
Jokes apart, I don't this is going to help the situation now, instead of forcing the current non interested staff we should actually promote people who are rather interested in the server and much pissed of hackers :P

For the bank event part I'll just say this isn't a RP server as that only happen there.

I don't have any views on this. Just wanna say that even though it doesn't give you anything still I prefer to be a VIP, why? Because I feel special :P

+1 for the spike strips but there should be some limitations and a time limit.
Limitations?: Can be used after every "x" mins like overload check. Where "x" will be decided by either players or during the time when it'll be tested!
Time Limit?: The spike strip object shouldn't be there for too long or else innocent players would be affected (probably). For instance,  when you you've successfully deployed the stripes, they should be streamed in or whatever for a certain time like 10 secs?  And should get removed.
If a player who is not wanted is nearby, you shouldn't try to use it and if by chance it gets deployed, the non-wanted player should try to stop immediately and shouldn't curse the cop.
And at last the abusers should be banned for a certain time decided by staff team.

Hopefully this will be added :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 17, 2015, 02:14
..... I'll just say this isn't a RP server as that only happen there.

technically all servers are somehow in someway a Role Playing server because you are playing the role of something.. albeit a trucker, racer, assassin, cop, stuntman, etc..  Convoy trucking is part of that Role Play mentality but focused more towards a "trucking" game.

StarFish

Quote from: Goldy. on May 16, 2015, 20:46

Neither, type /w in game and work :)
URMJK420

Dobby

There will be no "abuse" of spike strips, since its an object. The tire popping would likely be done server side (like it is already). Just a simple GetPlayerWantedLevel allows us to check if they're wanted or not. To everyone else it'll just be a normal object in the road. We could either assign it an ID and remove it after X seconds, or when the player goes out of distance from the spike strip itself (IE: cop places spike strip, drives off it goes).

It would likely be heavily restrictive as to encourage cops to get off their asses instead of sitting and waiting for wanted players to approach them. Once every 120 seconds and the spike strip itself lasts 60 seconds before its destroyed. Each car would carry, say a max of 10. This will be displayed on the speedometer alongside fuel and what not.

Staff will never get any form of auto payment system for their staff role. Its basically bribing them to come on just for money. They should WANT to play the server rather than HAVE to.

Perhaps there could be a way for staff members (mods & admins) to host events every week/two weeks:
  • Carshow (prizes for 1st, 2nd 3rd and craziest car?)
  • Biggest Convoy? (IE: win 50k and X convoy score for hosting the biggest convoy of the week).
  • Donor points: I like this idea, perhaps we could add some more skins/sounds exclusive for the donator points. Donator points can be earned via donations and can't be shared between accounts. 2 euro for 30 days VIP + 100 donor points. Plus the usual extras if you donate more. Unsure if these would stay or not along with VIP being permanent (this would likely be down to VIP's)
  • Frequent discounts on houses and cars: Two commands /cutprices (type = car, house) [amount]. Allows admins to cut the house prices by a percentage for 24 hours. So it encourages people to buy cars/houses more :) its fun.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

kimps

Admins/mods are pretty active at the moment,and ingame money would be the last thing to encourage them to be more active.(Just my opinion)

Quote from: Dobby on May 17, 2015, 18:13

• Donor points: I like this idea, perhaps we could add some more skins/sounds exclusive for the donator points. Donator points can be earned via donations and can't be shared between accounts. 2 euro for 30 days VIP + 100 donor points. Plus the usual extras if you donate more. Unsure if these would stay or not along with VIP being permanent (this would likely be down to VIP's)
It's a great idea,maybe you could add some ingame benefits(something other than just skins),should be something that would make people want to donate.

And the discount thing sounds pretty awesome aswell.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: kimps on May 18, 2015, 02:28
Admins/mods are pretty active at the moment,and ingame money would be the last thing to encourage them to be more active.(Just my opinion)

Are you kidding me? Many are inactive except few of them.

Anyway

@Dobby: I think removing it after every x second in better (I'd list out reason If you want).
Limits that you've stated are quite understandable.

For the convoy score part: There should be some benefit of it rather than just a show off thing, Maybe the one who attains most convoy score by the end of the month/week should be given a prize by organisers/hosts. It may encourage people to do convoys more often and for longer durations.
Just my $0.2
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

mick88

Can you give a proper title to your thread?

Goldy.

Quote from: Dobby on May 17, 2015, 18:13
There will be no "abuse" of spike strips, since its an object. The tire popping would likely be done server side (like it is already). Just a simple GetPlayerWantedLevel allows us to check if they're wanted or not. To everyone else it'll just be a normal object in the road. We could either assign it an ID and remove it after X seconds, or when the player goes out of distance from the spike strip itself (IE: cop places spike strip, drives off it goes).

It would likely be heavily restrictive as to encourage cops to get off their asses instead of sitting and waiting for wanted players to approach them. Once every 120 seconds and the spike strip itself lasts 60 seconds before its destroyed. Each car would carry, say a max of 10. This will be displayed on the speedometer alongside fuel and what not.

Staff will never get any form of auto payment system for their staff role. Its basically bribing them to come on just for money. They should WANT to play the server rather than HAVE to.

Perhaps there could be a way for staff members (mods & admins) to host events every week/two weeks:
  • Carshow (prizes for 1st, 2nd 3rd and craziest car?)
  • Biggest Convoy? (IE: win 50k and X convoy score for hosting the biggest convoy of the week).
  • Frequent discounts on houses and cars: Two commands /cutprices (type = car, house) [amount]. Allows admins to cut the house prices by a percentage for 24 hours. So it encourages people to buy cars/houses more :) its fun.
I love your ideas, It would be more than awesome if they would actually be availible ingame.

Quote from: mick88 on May 18, 2015, 11:32
Can you give a proper title to your thread?

Done

mick88

@Goldy, I don't see how this title is more descriptive, it still doesn't say what you are suggesting.