BBC - Bring Back Convoy

Started by CarlJohnson, April 30, 2015, 17:05

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Kazuma88 on May 01, 2015, 19:00
My congratulations to Mick and the staff members for destroying this server which used to be not only awesome but the BEST server on SAMP

I just wanted to play on this server for a while again but when i checked how many players are on the server (20/100) then i said "ah fuck it,this server is dead" Back in the day there were 100/100 players at afternoon/night and the server had around 50-60 players most of the times.The only time when the server had around 20 players was only when all EU players slept

Now back to the topic,why should we suggest things when staff members dont give a shit about anything?They care only about punishing people for pathetic things.This server is basically dead and it started to die when Mick gave the controls to some power abuser admins.Basically they own CT,not Mick.For fuck sake even SNAKE left this server,then you can imagine whats going on in CT...

And please stop saying bullshit excuses,we all know the main reasons why the server died but many people are afraid to admit it

Now go and delete this post or warn/ban me,i know you are not friend of the free speech....

RIP CT
Firstly, The server isn't being destroyed, mick is working hard in improving gamemod,website,etc.
I don't know much about what happened in past before I arrived here, but from what I've read it might be true that "few staff" had issues with players but they still played with each other didn't they ? Anyway this ain't happening anymore. I don't see Report / Complaint being handled without providing proper proof.

And server now needs something new to gain players again, I don't know if it's an achievement, new feature, mini missions or what so ever.

Like hydra stated, people just find it easier to say server died instead of helping it revive / improve.
They just don't wanna give it another shot to see if it can still make them feel happy!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Terrorista310

sa mp is dying, no need to blame this server
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Emily

Quote from: Terrorista310 on May 15, 2015, 09:24
This is correct.

The age of everything is killing it all.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

lerdi

I think that big refreshment would be to make new server with some changes...that would attract new players and be new challenge to old players..

Joshy

Quote from: lerdi on May 15, 2015, 18:31
I think that big refreshment would be to make new server with some changes...that would attract new players and be new challenge to old players..
Try finding someone who is skilled enough to work on the gamemode and has enough motivation to actually go ahead and work on it.

Answer is: there isn't anyone. There used to be people motivated enough to script, like me, but honestly I don't see any point anymore.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Ethan

Quote from: Joshy on May 15, 2015, 19:35
Try finding someone who is skilled enough to work on the gamemode and has enough motivation to actually go ahead and work on it.

Answer is: there isn't anyone. There used to be people motivated enough to script, like me, but honestly I don't see any point anymore.

then R.I.P Convoy Trucking

sardarji

Samp isnt going to survive for long and so is the server. Harsh or whatever you call it but this is the reality..Everything comes to an End.

Emily

Quote from: sardarji on May 15, 2015, 19:49
Samp isnt going to survive for long and so is the server. Harsh or whatever you call it but this is the reality..Everything comes to an End.
Aye, this is true lads.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

sorin

No more to add.

Turnpike

Ah, the sad truth. Well I plan to look back on the last months/years of CT fondly. I've always enjoyed playing just to truck, and I still do. Even though the server is not what it used to be, the community is still here. Instead of complaining about how it is, we should just enjoy what it is at the moment.

Today there were 33 players on and I was part of a large cement truck convoy, it was awesome and that's not something that has happened in a while. I think there is still a lot of life left in this server!

Go on, see for yourself  :D

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Terrorista310 on May 15, 2015, 09:24
0.o you sure?  If yes, then why I do I see around 15k players playing at non peak time (Us) and 35k+ players at peak time (European)?
Ofcourse something that has begun has to end someday but that day isn't near yet.
I think mick needs to advertise the server or put it up on Hosted list if he wants to increase the playerbase and I'll always welcome new people because they're the ones who's gonna form the community when you,me and everyone else will be not around.
Actually,  "The graphics doesn't matter, the community and gameplay/gamemode does" (atleast for me).
True, even if it brings achievements hunter back,  the server will be alive again and they'll stick around more if they find it fun to play it here once again.

We eventually might if server gains players again.
And you're kinda irreplaceable,  but we got Dobby, Tyler and Matt too and giving CT a one more chance/shot isnt going to hurt anyone is it?  For the sake of the good/amazing/funny time you had here.
Beside this, you guys should hire staff which are actually interested in server and give a darn about it. I think you'll find plenty of them and even the ones that deserves it.
As for the current staff, dont get me wrong or  find me rude but if dont feel like playing then wth are you still staff? Just resign and give others a chance?
You're expected to be the role models for normal players but if you say negative things around even though its truth then you shouldn't be a staff in the first place, you should be loyal enough and once again dont get me wrong!
Quote from: Willie_Nelson on May 16, 2015, 03:04
Ah, the sad truth. Well I plan to look back on the last months/years of CT fondly. I've always enjoyed playing just to truck, and I still do. Even though the server is not what it used to be, the community is still here. Instead of complaining about how it is, we should just enjoy what it is at the moment.

Today there were 33 players on and I was part of a large cement truck convoy, it was awesome and that's not something that has happened in a while. I think there is still a lot of life left in this server!

Go on, see for yourself  :D
I agree with most parts you've said, even I leaded a convoy consisting of 34 players which haven't taken place in years, is that dying?  And in the events they're always more than 15 players joining everyday, infact some players just come to server only because of events
:)

Things we need to work on:
Gamemode development.
Advertising (maybe?)
Staff (@admins you should atleast pay attention to the activities if you cant go I)
More events (Mostly based on fun factor)
Etc!

Sorry if I sound bit rude but I only the truth or the facts I've noticed.
And for the ones who say server is dying who are still in 2013 era when they said the same :- Try to spend more time at server and then speak, frankly speaking I don't expect someone with 1-2 hours spent IG in last 7 days to know what is going on inside.

And you guys should try to be a bit optimistic and if you only got negative things to say then better keep it yourself as we already know whats going on and we dont need to reminded.
And if you say you're telling the truth then try to convince it in a bit positive manner :)

Sorry again If I offended someone or sounded rude

I forgot to add/point this earlier.

@Scripters, basically Joshy,  something on the Sandus expansion map? I think there are some temporary solutions to solve the problem of opcodes and add the map again. I believe everyone might have seen how much excitement was there for the new map wasnt it? These thing will bring back server to what it used to be!  You just gotta put some trust and hope in it.

And
@Mappers: From what I've seen from your earlier posts, you can't add/map since you believe they won't be added (atleast for now) then why don't you organize your board making it easier for scripters and fix the bugs that are pending, I think there are few reported ones and you can pm me so I can tell you about the non reported ones. :)

~Carl

P.S - Ignore the grammatical mistakes :P using my phone and I actually typed that much!
:)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Joshy

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 16, 2015, 04:13

1) We eventually might if server gains players again.
2) And you're kinda irreplaceable,  but we got Dobby, Tyler and Matt too and (3) giving CT a one more chance/shot isnt going to hurt anyone is it?  For the sake of the good/amazing/funny time you had here.
4) Beside this, you guys should hire staff which are actually interested in server and give a darn about it. I think you'll find plenty of them and even the ones that deserves it.
5) As for the current staff, dont get me wrong or  find me rude but if dont feel like playing then wth are you still staff? Just resign and give others a chance?
6) You're expected to be the role models for normal players but if you say negative things around even though its truth then you shouldn't be a staff in the first place, you should be loyal enough and once again dont get me wrong!

7) @Scripters, basically Joshy,  something on the Sandus expansion map? I think there are some temporary solutions to solve the problem of opcodes and add the map again. I believe everyone might have seen how much excitement was there for the new map wasnt it? These thing will bring back server to what it used to be!  You just gotta put some trust and hope in it.
1) I highly doubt that you will find trustworthy-enough players who can script well for a gamemode of this size.
2) Dobby, Tyler and Matt don't script anything these days (at least in player-facing changes). And I don't think any of them will be willing to take on big ideas either.
3) Forcing myself to work on something that I don't actually want to work on leads to me being bored.
4) Being an inactive admin as I am, I don't keep up with applications anymore.
5) Don't worry my resignations will be coming soon.
6) Being a staff member does not mean we have to hide the 'truth' in order to remain loyal to the server.
7) Idk.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Joshy on May 16, 2015, 05:52
Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 16, 2015, 04:13

1) We eventually might if server gains players again.
2) And you're kinda irreplaceable,  but we got Dobby, Tyler and Matt too and (3) giving CT a one more chance/shot isnt going to hurt anyone is it?  For the sake of the good/amazing/funny time you had here.
4) Beside this, you guys should hire staff which are actually interested in server and give a darn about it. I think you'll find plenty of them and even the ones that deserves it.
5) As for the current staff, dont get me wrong or  find me rude but if dont feel like playing then wth are you still staff? Just resign and give others a chance?
6) You're expected to be the role models for normal players but if you say negative things around even though its truth then you shouldn't be a staff in the first place, you should be loyal enough and once again dont get me wrong!

7) @Scripters, basically Joshy,  something on the Sandus expansion map? I think there are some temporary solutions to solve the problem of opcodes and add the map again. I believe everyone might have seen how much excitement was there for the new map wasnt it? These thing will bring back server to what it used to be!  You just gotta put some trust and hope in it.
1) I highly doubt that you will find trustworthy-enough players who can script well for a gamemode of this size.
2) Dobby, Tyler and Matt don't script anything these days (at least in player-facing changes). And I don't think any of them will be willing to take on big ideas either.
3) Forcing myself to work on something that I don't actually want to work on leads to me being bored.
4) Being an inactive admin as I am, I don't keep up with applications anymore.
5) Don't worry my resignations will be coming soon.
6) Being a staff member does not mean we have to hide the 'truth' in order to remain loyal to the server.
7) Idk.
1. We did found you didnt we? Then we 'might' be able to find someone like you but yes, there won't be you (Joshy) anymore.
I'd like to script for CT if I ever got chance, I'll try to learn Pawn after I finish it off with website.
2. I believe Dobby is working on a new feature and I don't expect Matt or Tyler to work on scripts anytime soon either because of exams.
3. We already talked about it! It's your call and I can't force you stay or leave. Its totally your decision.
4. Actually Staff clearing is also needed, as there are many players inactive and still belong to the staff team. I wont list out names as everyone and they themselves know who I'm talking about. And I'd like to see some new faces in staff team other than the old ones. I hope everyone knows what I'm talking about and once again don't get me wrong!
5. Nothing much to say, refer to point 3.
6. Ofcourse you don't but from what I've learned Opinions of players are greatly influenced by their role models and in this case the role models are Admins.
If the staff is so negative you shouldn't expect community to be positive!
7. What if we try lowering the stream distance which will reduce the object count being streamed in (maybe?) Or maybe the solution you came up with earlier?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Dobby

Yes, i've been working on a thing to do with the new *Actor() functions. There's a topic regarding it at the suggestions (The securicar robbing = bannable thing). Being the only scripter doesn't bother me that much anyway.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Xero

TY CJ, you put some faith in me coming back and while it's been slow going I'm pushing forward with making this club my own creation and being an independent entity while bringing clubs together, but that's not to say I'm not going to need some help along the way. I am back and "Server dying" talk hasn't dissuaded me, only challenged me more.

There's lots of the server dying talk around here, more than enough, we all get it. Mick has kept this server going for something, I don't think it's for the money but there's still something that keeps him from shutting down this place, and it's not the pessimists.

SAMP isn't dead, not yet at least, but the main focus is still on RP servers. CT is not a RP and I would never want it to become that, but that doesn't mean it has to be limited either. SAMP is still evolving as well, what also needs to be done is to take advantage of it's newest features. Mappers/Scripters need to find a reason to stay or just move on as well.

I've never had problems with many, if any, mods or admins on this server because of one simple direction, which has been always been "follow the rules". It's not to say that I've never crossed the lines, I have, but I've always tried to step back and say ok, was it really fun for everyone or just me?

I am back, with a hectic work schedule though I'll find time. You're either here to contribute, or you're here to counteract. It's been a while since I've been playing and some of the older players have an arrogance or dissatisfaction I've never expected to see in them, gollums I call them.

Whatever the case may be, change will always happen, you work with it or you can move on, it doesn't have to be complicated. I will work with new players because who knows what they'll bring to the table.

Cheers everyone, and CJ get that comp started, I was hoping for that 30 player convoy weekend again!