BBC - Bring Back Convoy

Started by CarlJohnson, April 30, 2015, 17:05

CarlJohnson

Quote from: sardarji on May 01, 2015, 10:46
Quote from: CarlJohnson on April 30, 2015, 17:05
And there's no need to rush in convoys as I've heard the last one to unload gets more money than the others (I don't know if its true or not, if its true then amazing and if not then it's better to let it stay as a myth).
Its not true.
Then let it be a myth then,  people might not rush believing something like this!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Sjomp

Quote from: Ethan on May 01, 2015, 04:04
I know this isnt about that but you want more people on to do more convoys to make more money.. Convince Mick to let scripters add mini missions we've all mentioned (and want)... convince Joshy to work on and have mappers help finish sandus expansion, get that working...
more updates = more people interested = more players = more convoys= more money, :tldr: more updates = more money

Stop blaming Joshy for this, mappers don't give a shit about it themself.
I posted a lot of times we can fix it but noone of the mappers give a shit.

Ontopic
The problem is not about convoys Carl it is about players that stay staff/scripter/mapper that don't give a fuck about the server.
And this don't give real players a chance for their position.

sardarji

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 01, 2015, 10:52
And there's no need to rush in convoys as I've heard the last one to unload gets more money than the others (I don't know if its true or not, if its true then amazing and if not then it's better to let it stay as a myth).
Its not true.
Then let it be a myth then,  people might not rush believing something like this!
People are not that stupid lol.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Sjomp on May 01, 2015, 11:06
Quote from: Ethan on May 01, 2015, 04:04
I know this isnt about that but you want more people on to do more convoys to make more money.. Convince Mick to let scripters add mini missions we've all mentioned (and want)... convince Joshy to work on and have mappers help finish sandus expansion, get that working...
more updates = more people interested = more players = more convoys= more money, :tldr: more updates = more money

Stop blaming Joshy for this, mappers don't give a shit about it themself.
I posted a lot of times we can fix it but noone of the mappers give a shit.

Ontopic
The problem is not about convoys Carl it is about players that stay staff/scripter/mapper that don't give a fuck about the server.
And this don't give real players a chance for their position.
I agree with you Sjomp,  mappers should try the best they can (no need to argue on this,  I already know whats going on and you as well and this topic isn't about this thing).
Sjomp this isn't just about the convoys but about the whole thing, I won't say much about the staff team as everyone know about it. And if everyone has seen current staff's activity activity.

Now I dont think this topic is either useless or stupid as many people feel the same way.

Quote from: sardarji on May 01, 2015, 11:29
Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 01, 2015, 10:52
Its not true.
People are not that stupid lol.
Yeah after you cleared it :P
Anyway not everyone is on forum xD
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

TheGame

Blame the mappers, ofcourse.... Because of the scripters we can't add the addition we worked ages on. It's not always our fault that stuff doesn't get added.
And this is another reason why I don't like playing here; people blame others for their work.

Emily

Quote from: TheGame on May 01, 2015, 12:27
Blame the mappers, ofcourse.... Because of the scripters we can't add the addition we worked ages on. It's not always our fault that stuff doesn't get added.
And this is another reason why I don't like playing here; people blame others for their work.
There's another problem, dysfunction. Others are blaming others, and none of the teams are collaborating.

Quite frankly, if the scripters are needed for a map update or vise versa, then I think there should be a collab board, so everyone can work together.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

Emily

Well, people still do, and it causes dysfunction.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

@TheGame - since there's nothing do then why don't mappers organise their board in the meantime which will effectively make things easier for you guys as well as for scripters.

It isnt about blaming, if it was then their would be an loop, people blame you - you blame scripters - they blame someone else, and as I know Sjomp is also a mapper and if hes critising something then try to take it in a positive way and try to work on them.

Anyway blaming wont solve things, we should work as a team or we wont be able to do what we want. :)

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Emily

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 01, 2015, 15:26
Anyway blaming wont solve things, we should work as a team or we wont be able to do what we want. :)

Staff team:
Think of us as a government, although there are many branches, we need all parts to collaborate for effectiveness.
An example of what not to do is the American government. They are ineffective and overpaid. This government and our lifestyle (as a people) is unsustainable (also a Muse song)
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Kazuma88

My congratulations to Mick and the staff members for destroying this server which used to be not only awesome but the BEST server on SAMP

I just wanted to play on this server for a while again but when i checked how many players are on the server (20/100) then i said "ah fuck it,this server is dead" Back in the day there were 100/100 players at afternoon/night and the server had around 50-60 players most of the times.The only time when the server had around 20 players was only when all EU players slept

Now back to the topic,why should we suggest things when staff members dont give a shit about anything?They care only about punishing people for pathetic things.This server is basically dead and it started to die when Mick gave the controls to some power abuser admins.Basically they own CT,not Mick.For fuck sake even SNAKE left this server,then you can imagine whats going on in CT...

And please stop saying bullshit excuses,we all know the main reasons why the server died but many people are afraid to admit it

Now go and delete this post or warn/ban me,i know you are not friend of the free speech....

RIP CT

Hobo

Quote from: Kazuma88 on May 01, 2015, 19:00
My congratulations to Mick and the staff members for destroying this server which used to be not only awesome but the BEST server on SAMP

I just wanted to play on this server for a while again but when i checked how many players are on the server (20/100) then i said "ah fuck it,this server is dead" Back in the day there were 100/100 players at afternoon/night and the server had around 50-60 players most of the times.The only time when the server had around 20 players was only when all EU players slept

Now back to the topic,why should we suggest things when staff members dont give a shit about anything?They care only about punishing people for pathetic things.This server is basically dead and it started to die when Mick gave the controls to some power abuser admins.Basically they own CT,not Mick.For fuck sake even SNAKE left this server,then you can imagine whats going on in CT...

And please stop saying bullshit excuses,we all know the main reasons why the server died but many people are afraid to admit it

Now go and delete this post or warn/ban me,i know you are not friend of the free speech....

RIP CT
The game is over 10 years old. SAMP is over 8 years old. The server is over 5 years old. You can only keep people entertained with the same thing for so long and there's only so many things you can add.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Emily

RIP CT
I'm not removing this at all it's okay to voice your opinion, but once this turns into an insane argument I'm locking this topic.

Snake left because he's an idiot. Sure, he had great score and a nice house, but he was a terrible person. Have a good attitude about the server and understand that people move on and it's an old game. Staff didn't destroy this server, the trolls and hosting issues did. The trolls claimed the staff was ruining their fun and that we were all dictators. It's not true. You can make your own fun. If you can't, then it's time to leave this place, not talk bad about it or say it's dying. I'm sure the people who enjoy their time here will say otherwise.

Also, if you're not having fun, talk to some people. Knowing people online helps with the fun, as you can do more random things with them. If you're upset over the loss of players, then just accept that the community isn't as big as it was anymore.

All in all, just keep with it if you plan to stay and have a positive attitude. It helps the fun factor for yourself and others.

Quote from: Hobo on May 01, 2015, 19:15
The game is over 10 years old. SAMP is over 8 years old. The server is over 5 years old. You can only keep people entertained with the same thing for so long and there's only so many things you can add.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Dobby

Actually $nake left the server because he was warned for disrespecting Corvette iirc. He got butthurt and rage quit. Hobo's signature pretty much sums up what $nake is like.

Staff likely won't remove your post since you know, its not breaking rules and they aren't as bad as you're clearly making out. They enforce rules set by admins. If you don't like how they do it, i'm sure you're more than welcome to complain @ problems & complaints.

What gives you the impression mick gave control to admins? has it occured to you that mick, being an adult has more important things to do than play/run a game 24/7? He has a job, a life and a home to run. Trust me in saying that games aren't always on the list of things to do. Staff, and mick aren't paid for running the server so they shouldn't HAVE to play it, they should WANT to play it. If they dont WANT to play it, don't act arrogant and try to force them to play the damn server. If staff really didn't give a shit as you say, then they wouldn't be staff. Admins may look inactive in game, but they check the forum often, and im pretty sure that if they thought staff were inactive/abusing/whatever else against staff guidelines then they'd point it out. As they have to me many of times (abusing /wanted and shit for police chases so players could get easy money if they arrested me).

@Mappers You tried reducing the object count on your maps? So you don't overload the streamer? and for fuck sake, get proper version control already. Bitbucket & GIT are the best example here. Loads better than dropbox.

I agree with Hobo. 0.3.7 was just released, and honestly, i don't feel like playing SA:MP that much. There's limits on what we can do. There's also limits on what would be good for the server.

Lower player count doesn't bother me. As long as they follow rules, and don't annoy me/others i'll quite happily settle for a smaller community. People move on. Get over it
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

hydrangea

RIP CT
Some people like u always like to say CT had 100/100 player before / server is dead / old time is good and it never back blablabla... PLS learn to live in the present moment...  But if CT left u nothing but angry  of course u can keep blame others.