Mini missions Explained

Started by Benny, February 23, 2015, 11:49

Benny

Mini Missions

I've suggested this like a year ago and i will do it again now.

The basic idea is adding missions which won't be an achievement and won't require you to do a certain number of missions as we have now. You can do them at any time you want for the pure fun, for money or score. Since the missions would have a time it could be a challange as well.
I gathered 4 type of missions from which the score would be counted under 1 name (example Public helper/public hero score).
The missions are with the pizza boy bike, ambulance, firetruck and boat/s. They would be simple tasks but would include a time limit meaning you don't arrive to the missions pickup and dropoff in time you fail the mission.
They are called "mini missions" cause they are not counted as an achievement!

1. Pizza Boy - Delivering pizza
As some of you may know, this has been worked on already and as far as i saw it its great, but let this be a mini mission and not an achievement.
If you don't know how this would work.. basicly you are a pizza delivery guy, you pick up pizzas from a well stacked pizza and deliver them to certain ammount of destinations, great idea but in my opinion it would suck as an achievement.

2. Ambulance missions
I yet am not sure if its possible to make it similar as in single player.. You would be able to pick up randomly spawned peds and take them as fast as possible to the nearest hospital or clinic. Sometimes you would have to pick up a player from their house and take them to the hospital or clinic. A time limit would be applied so if you don't come in time, the player or ped would die and you would fail the mission.

3. Firetruck missions
You're a fireman obviously. Your task would be to take out car and house fires around the map. Again time limit would be there so if you don't extinguish it in time you will fail the mission.

4. Boat missions
You would transport "important" packages from dock to dock with any boat you want exepet the dinghy. A time limit would be applied so if you don't arrive in time you fail the mission.

Quote from: Breaker on February 23, 2015, 11:54
1. Could we convoy them?
2. Will there be an owned vehicle Bonus?
3. Will there be a bonus generated from the remaining time? (In relation to the timed element)
4. Would it be possible to include utility van missions in this?

Round 2:
1. Would it be out of the realm of possibility to have a forum emblem marking micro ranks for these smaller missions? (and one marking trucking ranks)
2. Would the Romero qualify as a public service vehicle and thus be included in these mini missions?
3. Why can't you convoy the pizza boy?
4. Although there isn't any achievement for these missions, if you reach 500, would the reward of being able to modify vehicles such as the 5. 5. Ambulance, Firetruck and pizza boy (also the Romero if it's included in this scheme) be possible? If so, would these vehicles be needed to reach 500 individually or collaboratively.
6. If you did implement the aforementioned reward scheme, would the Romero become non-modifiable (pending it's involvement with the Mini missions program)

1. It's Convoy Trucking so why not. I think Ambulance, firetruck and boat missions could be done in a convoy but not pizza boy. It would be nice if you and your friend could take out fires together.
2. There should be.
3. Yes i forgot this, there will be a bigger payment if more time is left/ you do it faster.
4. I don't think missions with utility van would be included in this.

Round 2.
1. If its possible, why not.
2. Probably could be added if this missions are successful.
3. Cause even in real life there is only 1 guy who drives the bike or car around and delivers pizza. Pointless to have 2 guy deliver pizza to the same house.
4.No. If this is added, Firetruck and ambulance would be removed from special vehicles and classed as van and truck. You would be able to upgrade them right away. Firetruck should be upgradable.
5. All the score you get from this missions would be counted into 1 type of score name as i stated above "public helper or public hereo"  it doesnt' really matter how many misions from each of them you do.
6. If the missions with romero get added, it should be upgradable as other vehicles.

If you would like to add anything please do so, and tell me what you think ofc.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Breaker

Could we convoy them?
Will there be an owned vehicle Bonus?
Will there be a bonus generated from the remaining time? (In relation to the timed element)
Would it be possible to include utility van missions in this?

Edited: typo :P & more Q's

Round 2:
Would it be out of the realm of possibility to have a forum emblem marking micro ranks for these smaller missions? (and one marking trucking ranks)
Would the Romero qualify as a public service vehicle and thus be included in these mini missions?
Why can't you convoy the pizza boy?
Although there isn't any achievement for these missions, if you reach 500, would the reward of being able to modify vehicles such as the Ambulance, Firetruck and pizza boy (also the Romero if it's included in this scheme) be possible? If so, would these vehicles be needed to reach 500 individually or collaboratively.
If you did implement the aforementioned reward scheme, would the Romero become non-modifiable (pending it's involvement with the Mini missions program)
[country]Australia[/country]
[hide=How2Ebay][/hide]
[hide=Stats][/hide]

Ethan

Quote from: Ethan on October 29, 2013, 18:47
firemen mini-missions to fight large to small fires (houses/cars)
medic mini missions to take a random person to local hospital
why not add in drug dealers (taking drugs from place A to B
Arms dealers (see drug dealer)
couriers (like mail man)
mini missions should not count towards individual achievement but maybe combined one

Quote from: Ethan link=topic=45546.msg273695#msg273695
mini missions being
paramedic - take random (we have peds in MTA now) point go back to hospital
firefighter - fight small fires, house fires, random car fires
pizza boy - choose 5-10 (in selection) pizzas and deliver to nearby residences
mailman (UPS/DHL delivery) - choose 5 or 10 parcels to deliver to nearby residences
utility worker - go to random spot on map and fix something (lost here)

Mick wont say yes to it, because he doesnt think any of the scripters can do it in a working capacity, at least thats what I gathered last time I asked

Quote from: Matt link=topic=45546.msg273695#msg273695
Quote from: Matt on January 31, 2014, 11:14:08 AM
Mick does not want minimissions yet.
weird, when I talked to him he was ok with having them, they just need to be done correctly

there was something matias (syd) mentioned back in 2013 that the gamemode needed to be "tweeked."  dont know if its been done yet, but please consider it..

Benny

I know what mick said, even today on the server he said that if they are done corectly they can be added.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Dr_Alio

Nice  :like: good idea. I like this type of missions :D hope they gonna add them  :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Breaker

Will the taxi be moved into this Public helper subclass due to it being closer to the taxi missions (regarding the timed element) more than the chauffeur missions?
[country]Australia[/country]
[hide=How2Ebay][/hide]
[hide=Stats][/hide]

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the server name?:
What is 7 + 4?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview