♣ Mapping ideas | NOT a suggestion ♣

Started by Twido, December 31, 2014, 11:57

TheGame

Quote from: Emily on January 04, 2015, 08:52
Quote from: BGTrucker on January 04, 2015, 05:51
Quote from: Ethan on January 04, 2015, 02:30
Quote from: Twido on January 02, 2015, 16:10
I think this guy wants to say that the new islands we get look too much to each other? and that Alcatraz is just shitty made.
Alcatraz was shit made? people obviously dont know the hours it took Rubber to make that, the the hours I did to finish it and the hours Benny took refining it.. Does anyone not know how many hours it takes to do an "island" project?
It wouldnt took you so much time if the islands were curvy instead of square :trainsguy:
This guy doesn't get it...
The time we are spending on one single island is a lot. More than you ever guess. A 'square' island takes less time to make than a 'curvy' one.
By the way, Missionary Hill at Sandus is curvy.
I think you guys keep complaining and complaining. Seems like you guys don't appreciate a single map.

Twido

Quote from: TheGame on January 04, 2015, 09:04
Quote from: Emily on January 04, 2015, 08:52
Quote from: BGTrucker on January 04, 2015, 05:51
Quote from: Ethan on January 04, 2015, 02:30
Quote from: Twido on January 02, 2015, 16:10
I think this guy wants to say that the new islands we get look too much to each other? and that Alcatraz is just shitty made.
Alcatraz was shit made? people obviously dont know the hours it took Rubber to make that, the the hours I did to finish it and the hours Benny took refining it.. Does anyone not know how many hours it takes to do an "island" project?
It wouldnt took you so much time if the islands were curvy instead of square :trainsguy:
This guy doesn't get it...
The time we are spending on one single island is a lot. More than you ever guess. A 'square' island takes less time to make than a 'curvy' one.
By the way, Missionary Hill at Sandus is curvy.
I think you guys keep complaining and complaining. Seems like you guys don't appreciate a single map.
Ok so, thegame stfu. We all like what's in the gamemode. But we need new maps, squary maps all the time is a no go. And if Missionary hill is amazing for you? Where the fuck are our missions (not your job I know). And I have stated above that you guys should take your goddamn time to create a curvy map. If you stop listening to the community then go ahead make some stupid square maps again. But then stop saying we are complaining. Because we are saying what we want.

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

GeneralLee

Mapping curvy roads takes 10 times more than making "square" roads.
Mapping team is not paid for their work that's why you can't force them to do something.It's up to them to create a map and it's up to Mick to push it into the server.

Stop forcing mappers to do what you want and start to respect their work.

TheGame

Quote from: GeneralLee on January 04, 2015, 11:24
Mapping team is not paid for their work that's why you can't force them to do something.It's up to them to create a map and it's up to Mick to push it into the server.

NikoX

Quote from: Twido on January 04, 2015, 10:19
Ok so, thegame stfu. We all like what's in the gamemode. But we need new maps, squary maps all the time is a no go. And if Missionary hill is amazing for you? Where the fuck are our missions (not your job I know). And I have stated above that you guys should take your goddamn time to create a curvy map. If you stop listening to the community then go ahead make some stupid square maps again. But then stop saying we are complaining. Because we are saying what we want.

We can not make curved roads. Quote from rules about posting maps:
-Any roads or lands cannot be placed dialonally. They must be at either 0 or 90 degrees.

Quote from: TwidoAnd I have stated above that you guys should take your goddamn time to create a curvy map.
-Few years ago I created an island, it was a big project. I spent on it over 400 hours and it's probably never going to be added.
-Same thng was with the Palm Island. Don't know how much time it took me, but i guess somewhere about 100h and it's never going to be added on server becouse it's made out of curved roads.

So ffs, what's the point in wasting my private time on fckin maps that are never going to be added !?

I think u guys just completly don't have idea how much time it takes to make a single Island. Let's take a Milestone County. It contains over 4k objects. Every single object needs to be placed correctly, rotated etc. But first of all u need to have an plan, idea, concept in your head how is it going to look like. Then You need to choose right object that will fit the area. Seriously, it's a lot of job.

I think u guys just completly don't have idea how much time it takes to make a single Island. First of all u need to have an plan, idea, concept in your head how is it going to look like. Then You need to choose right objects (out of many) that will fit. Let's take a Milestone County for example. It contains over 4k objects. Every single object needs to be placed correctly and rotated. Every object is different. For example if u want to make 2 objects on the same hight, one of them in position Z needs to have 10, but the other one 16,3829. Same thing with the rotations. Sometimes if want it look like it's turned by 90* we need to turn it by for example 36,5754. It takes a lot of time to fit those objects so there aren't any holes in ground, bugs, etc...

Quote from: GeneralLee on January 04, 2015, 11:24

Well said. (Y)

MeTaLiXx

i am mapping all the time & i agree with the fact that curvy islands take alot of time & Objects... but its a kind of boring when you find all the mapped islands are square .
i am not obligating or giving orders to mappers & players too just should make a topic suggesting what type of islands they want without telling mappers what to do cause they now their job really well ( that's why they are MAPPERS ) so please just ask gently & declare your suggestion to mappers in a gentle way. so mappers can understand your good will & that will encourage them to work harder to bring you some Curvy islands :D  :like: :like: :like: Respect for mappers <33

PS: Curvy roads are against Server Rules :P
[hide=Old Signature]
[hide= Ingame Stats]
[/hide]
[/hide]

BGTrucker

So as usual its just useless to suggest anything here and sharing your ideas with the community.Well,I got a better suggestion for you-just close the suggestion board since everything there gets rejected either because its useless or because its too hard to script/map.If I were you I'd really close that board.

Twido

Ok so Mick is the one whose against curvy roads, right? And a lot of his playes want curvy roads, right? Do you think Mick is a retard? No, he likes his players and I'm sure he is ready to change rules whenever he wants. I know curvy islands take more time, but stop bitching about it. If you don't have the time then get out of mapping team and let some one who has time in it. Don't make up excuses, some players know how the map editors and scripting works (nothing against scripting team, they do a very good job also some of the mappers).

Side note: NikoX, TheGame, Ethan plays not enough to discuss here. Sadly they are mappers and they decide the curves and squares. Although Ethan hasn't said something bad yet.

I made islands, roadblocks name whatever u want in MTA and sa-mp map editor. Nothing is made with a poof, takes time. That's why games take 1-2 years to create right? Someone should ask Mick if he is agreeing with the new curvy roads. Or let lets all hope that he will reply here about it.

[hide= Just a rule]
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

TheGame

Quote from: BGTrucker on January 04, 2015, 11:59
So as usual its just useless to suggest anything here and sharing your ideas with the community.Well,I got a better suggestion for you-just close the suggestion board since everything there gets rejected either because its useless or because its too hard to script/map.If I were you I'd really close that board.
You don't know where you are talking about, do you?
The topic name is 'Mapping ideas l NOT a suggestion'. So, this is not even a suggestion. Why should the suggestion board get removed?

Anyway,
As I have stated before, mapping an island takes a shitload of our own spare time (Atleast 50 hours). First we have to think about a concept, collect the right objects, place 'em on the right spot and a lot more. When it is done, we have to test it to check if everything is placed on the right spot. If you count all this kind of stuff together, you will easily reach 50 hours of your spare time.
Also, if I map in my spare time, I decide what I map and not someone else. If I think something needs to get added, I map it. I will always consider your ideas but some of them just don't fit here (Rules etc.).
Perhaps, I will start working on a place with a lot of hills and snow but that is something I have to discuss first.

Oh and Twido, why am I not allowed to discuss stuff here? I spent freaking hell atleast 50 hours in mapping for this server so I can't be online all the time.
This is my total online time:
Time spent in-game:   2137h 31min
Twido, your total time ig:
Time spent in-game:   1645h 4min
Am I not active enough?

I hope I made my point clear.

GeneralLee

You are getting off topic BGTrucker!I guess you don't know how hard it is to map curvy islands & roads.Sure there is a function in MTA called "Map object" where you can extract an object from the original SA Map and then you can recreate the same road in middle of the sea but It is really hard to fit the objects + most of the objects have only 1 side, if you look at the other side you can see trough them, so you have to cover the second side wich gives you extra work..And fitting 2 objects can take you even hours of work.And your argument about suggestions section is invalid.

Please stop attacking mapping team as they do their best.

Benny

The question right now is if mick will even allow us to make maps like that so till we don't know that we can't not complain about anything.
And yes we(mappers) won't make maps if we know they won't get added since then our work would be pointless.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Twido

Quote from: TheGame on January 04, 2015, 12:08
Oh and Twido, why am I not allowed to discuss stuff here? I spent freaking hell atleast 50 hours in mapping for this server so I can't be online all the time.

Math time  :D
50 hours (That's the amount of time team needs to create a simple map)

50 hours = ~ 2 days
1 week = 7 days.

Woo magic woo ooh, 5 days left. and lets say you go to school. Then you still have time to be online every day 1-2 hours. unless you sleep like around 21-22
All of you do have that time. Stop making up numbers. But i'm going to stop replying to the useless posts.

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

BGTrucker

As Twido said - if its hard for you to map something,and make excuses,and cant make what players want,then what the hell are you doing in mappers team.Im saying it to everyone as a retoric question.But its not your fault,its owners fault if you ask me.The way it is now,mick says if something would be done or not.The way it should be,the mappers should read the suggestions and discuss it with mick,so everyone can say his opinion and they ALL(not only mick) should take desicion if something CAN,and will be done or not

GeneralLee

Quote from: Twido on January 04, 2015, 12:14
Quote from: TheGame on January 04, 2015, 12:08

Math time  :D
50 hours (That's the amount of time team needs to create a simple map)

50 hours = ~ 2 days
1 week = 7 days.

Woo magic woo ooh, 5 days left. and lets say you go to school. Then you still have time to be online every day 1-2 hours. unless you sleep like around 21-22
All of you do have that time. Stop making up numbers. But i'm going to stop replying to the useless posts.

That's not even math!

50hours means like 10 hours a day for 5 days!
And who is going to work 10hours a day for a map that they don't know it's actually going to be pushed into the server.

Benny

Well the smaller maps(roadworks, bases etc) we make can be uploaded without mick's approval, its the big and new islands that he needs to agree on.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS