♣ Mapping ideas | NOT a suggestion ♣

Started by Twido, December 31, 2014, 11:57

Twido

Greetings Mapping team and Scripting team

Today 31 December 2014 we discussed some serious business about the maps in Convoy Trucking.
Before I start, thank you for what you've all done for the community. The maps are great, but can be better now with the new editors we can use.

We've discussed some about the mapping in the server with an official mapper. And we argued a bit how the island maps are too "squary".
We all as a community would like to see some curves. Yes the gang zones are pain in the ass. But how many new players haven't asked for help even with the gang zones? Way too many to actually keep them. And as an old player, I never watch the map but orient myself by the buildings and objects around myself.
So at the end we all made a list of what we would like to see in the next maps. Some mights be hard to map, some aren't fun for you but maybe it is for the community
Also THIS IS AN IDEA TO GIVE TO YOU GUYS, NOT A SUGGESTION SO DON'T LOCK IT.
Side note: This is the only post were the official ideas will be in the topic, I will add some to the list if community wants to add something.

The ideas:

• - Variation on the heights ( Alcatraz is the only map with hills, we truckers like to climb a hill it's something challenging.)
  • - Curves, no more 90°C turns. (Gang zones don't have to be created in these areas.)
  • - Variation of used objects ( We keep seeing city buildings over & over. We don't have a single island where its a desert with few houses and like 1 gas stations every xx KM/Miles.)
  • - Connection of islands is an amazing opportunity to use the 3rd idea.
  • - Deleting objects. (seeing something change on the San Andreas map would not bad. It will only make Convoy Trucking look better.)
  • - Dirt roads or challenging roads. (Mount chilliad is actually the perfect place to try it out. you need a minimum score to get these missions and voila Mount chilliad won't be that huge pain in the ass. Also Dirt roads we mean like the contruction site in san fierro doherty. We want places like that)
  • - More will be added. Post below and the community will see if its a good idea.
Credits: Convoy Trucking Community
We really hope that we will get support from everyone (including Staff,Mappers and Scripting team)

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

BGTrucker

I like all that Twido suggested as we were discussing it ingame with him and other guys.And I think others also like the idea for missions to Chiliad.We all know how there are timber trucks going in the mountains to load wood material,and machinery needed for that.Also its challenging to drive on these narrow roads.I hope we meet more supporters on the ideas.

CarlJohnson

As these guys said we were discussing about In Game and most of the player agreed with it. It would be fun to see deserts which will be long enough to give a feel like Australian outback. Some places where there's nothing else just sand so you have to be quick enough to pass through or else drive like a grandma. That will make CT have whole different mapping concept and it will be unique at the same time.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Synne

I think Mount Chilliad missions would be great. I really like what's suggested here :)

Cezy

Dobby

Some things can be retextured to look like dirt/snow/whatever roads.

Quote from: CarlJohnson on December 31, 2014, 12:19
As these guys said we were discussing about In Game and most of the player agreed with it. It would be fun to see deserts which will be long enough to give a feel like Australian outback. Some places where there's nothing else just sand so you have to be quick enough to pass through or else drive like a grandma. That will make CT have whole different mapping concept and it will be unique at the same time.

The game isn't set in AUS.

Quote from: BGTrucker on December 31, 2014, 12:08
I like all that Twido suggested as we were discussing it ingame with him and other guys.And I think others also like the idea for missions to Chiliad.We all know how there are timber trucks going in the mountains to load wood material,and machinery needed for that.Also its challenging to drive on these narrow roads.I hope we meet more supporters on the ideas.

There's nothing up there to load to/from. Maybe mappers should add something there?

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Dobby[ES] on December 31, 2014, 13:49

Quote from: CarlJohnson on December 31, 2014, 12:19
As these guys said we were discussing about In Game and most player agreed with it. It would be fun to see deserts which will be long enough to give a feel like Australian outback. Some places where there's nothing else just sand so you have to be quick enough to pass through or else drive like a grandma. That will make CT have whole different mapping concept and it will be unique at the same time.

The game isn't set in AUS.

There's no Wet County,Milestone County In SA too. If we can have wet county then why not a dry county ?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Sjomp

Quote from: Dobby[ES] on December 31, 2014, 13:49

If you can make that working in the server I will use it  :D
Then making deserts etc will be a lot easier.

I did use it before with some snowy things :P
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/WwrKn#3[/imgur]

Quote from: Twido on December 31, 2014, 11:57
(Gang zones don't have to be created in these areas.)
Rookies will get lost like they get lost in redstone when it wasn't added :(

Quote from: CarlJohnson on December 31, 2014, 13:53
There's no Wet County,Milestone County In SA too. If we can have wet county then why not a dry county ?
Because that are just names

BGTrucker

Believe me,it would be million times alot more fun to drive on some curvy roads,instead of having only straight roads like its now.And yes,We all have seen that even with the map drawn with gangzones its still hard for rookies to find their way,so whats the point of having them since they're completely useless.

Ethan

whenever Mick allows us to use curved roads instead of the 90 degree ones when we do a map. Ill let you know... the 90 degree turns for islands is mandatory by Mick for his plugin for the minimap thing to work

Twido

Quote from: Ethan on December 31, 2014, 15:23
whenever Mick allows us to use curved roads instead of the 90 degree ones when we do a map. Ill let you know... the 90 degree turns for islands is mandatory by Mick for his plugin for the minimap thing to work
Can someone ask for this? The whole community is behind this curvy roads and chilliad missions. Mick can't deny that unless he is a dickhead (which he is not (i hope)). Also he isn't an animal :p Emailing him won't be a problem :like:

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Ethan

Quote from: mick88from mappers section
Roads:
When mapping new roads and islands, do everything you can to make roads parallel to either X or Y axis. This makes it possible to lay them on the GPS minimap and website map. Please avoid making curved roads, as it's impossible to place them correctly on a minimap.
straight from Mick himself

Benny

Quote from: Ethan on December 31, 2014, 15:35
Quote from: mick88from mappers section
Roads:
When mapping new roads and islands, do everything you can to make roads parallel to either X or Y axis. This makes it possible to lay them on the GPS minimap and website map. Please avoid making curved roads, as it's impossible to place them correctly on a minimap.
straight from Mick himself
Yes from 4 years ago, maybe he changed his mind by now.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Ethan

its been that way for four years and every map weve made had conformed to that, so you cant say hes changed his mind benny

BGTrucker

So if the whole community is up for this,he still wont agree ? mick,please dont be DiDok