News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Change parking rule

Started by Blackhawk, November 12, 2014, 09:08

Blackhawk

My landstalker has been clamped for parking on grass, so I have opened a topic in Problems and Complaints because I think its not on the grass and I think "Do NOT park your cars on sidewalks or grass" rule should be modified to "Do NOT park your cars over your property boundaries" because it is a big mistake.
Do you get penalty for parking on the grass ON YOUR OWN YARD in real life? Of course NOT!
I imagine when my neighbour realizes that my car is parking on the grass and she starts to shout: OH MY GOD, MY NEIGHBOUR IS PARKING ON THE GRASS, CALL 911!
I am not parking on the road or sidewalks over my fences, I just want to park my vehicles anywhere within my boundaries because that is my own area.
In that topic TheSandman said I can make a suggestion for this. So here it is.

Thank you.

Dobby

Its that way to keep the server clean.

You should consider re-making the suggestion, you're angry that your vehicle was clamped. That is grass. Regardless of how shitty your textures look. If everyone started parking wherever they wanted on the server it'd look awful. If you own a house with a large plot of land (IE: $nakes old house, the new houses that i think benny added recently) then its a whole other story. There has to be a factor of neatness involved, and parking on the grass is not neat at all.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Blackhawk

Quote from: Dobby[ES] on November 12, 2014, 09:50

If everyone started parking wherever they wanted on the server it'd look awful.

This suggestion is about parking within your fences, not on the whole field of the server.
Keep server clean? Why is it bad if I park my cars in my garden? Why will be the server cleaner if my car is parking on my driveway and not on my grass?

Twido

You should consider re-making the suggestion, you're angry that your vehicle was clamped. That is grass. Regardless of how shitty your textures look. If everyone started parking wherever they wanted on the server it'd look awful. If you own a house with a large plot of land (IE: $nakes old house, the new houses that i think benny added recently) then its a whole other story. There has to be a factor of neatness involved, and parking on the grass is not neat at all.
[/qoute]

Twido: Why the fuck you guys want it to look clean? its not like new players come anyway and old players wanna park on their grass. so let them do it

Ps: Very GG forum, it's broken for me for about a month (using chrome)

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Eurobeat

As much as I like the idea of being able to park where you want on your own property, other staff members don't and probably never will.

Emily

I honestly don't think it matters where you park as long as it's within your designated property parking area. That means don't go parking in the streets or someone else's area.

Adding to Dobby's keeping the server clean thing, Life isn't clean. People have their ways of parking. As long as they own that property, they are able to park wherever the hell they want to on that property. <--- this should apply to the game as well
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Dobby

Im just saying what i've read in the past. From mick, and from Admins. Since im neither moderator or admin, i cant decide on this rule change.

i cant even lock suggestions anymore for fuck sake
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Tyler

Quote from: Dobby[ES] on November 12, 2014, 20:30
Quote from: report logits not scripter suggestion, so im leaving it open. (Today at 10:10:16)

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

nyolc8

Let me park my vehicles where I want them inside my own garden. So +1 :like:

Dobby

Quote from: Tyler on November 12, 2014, 20:38
Quote from: Dobby[ES] on November 12, 2014, 20:30
Quote from: report logits not scripter suggestion, so im leaving it open. (Today at 10:10:16)
Alrighty then :)

Sjomp

Quote from: Squirrel on November 12, 2014, 10:09

If everyone started parking wherever they wanted on the server it'd look awful.

This suggestion is about parking within your fences, not on the whole field of the server.
Keep server clean? Why is it bad if I park my cars in my garden? Why will be the server cleaner if my car is parking on my driveway and not on my grass?

Because it's not about cars, I could buy a 3 slot in LV and park 3 trailers in my garden or 3 combines, like dobby said it will be a mess.
Houses should stay houses and not become little truck depots so  :dislike:

[hide=]

nice..... where is the house?[/hide]

Ethan

Quote from: mick88 on November 25, 2010, 22:35
Private vehicles rules (Vehicle ownership):
1) You should park all your cars at your home or in public carpark
2) Do NOT park your cars on sidewalks or grass: put them in your garage, driveway within property boundaries.
so we should change it to "park within your property boundaries, just not on your roof?"

if I want to park my car on the grass, I should be able to.. its within 'my properties boundaries.'
and squirrel
Quote from: Squirrel on November 12, 2014, 09:08
My landstalker has been clamped for parking on grass..
I am not parking on the road or sidewalks over my fences, I just want to park my vehicles anywhere within my boundaries because that is my own area.

I would have unclamped it. its within "Private vehicles rules (Vehicle ownership)" where you parked it..

Emily

Quote from: Ethan on November 13, 2014, 02:19
Quote from: mick88 on November 25, 2010, 22:35
Private vehicles rules (Vehicle ownership):
1) You should park all your cars at your home or in public carpark
2) Do NOT park your cars on sidewalks or grass: put them in your garage, driveway within property boundaries.
so we should change it to "park within your property boundaries, just not on your roof?"
Yes.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Blackhawk

Quote from: Sjomp on November 12, 2014, 22:46
Because it's not about cars, I could buy a 3 slot in LV and park 3 trailers in my garden or 3 combines, like dobby said it will be a mess.
Houses should stay houses and not become little truck depots so  :dislike:

[hide=]

nice..... where is the house?[/hide]

I think everyone have right to decide what and where they want to park within the property boundaries and that is the players problem if they can not "keep clean" their backyard. :P

Yes, something like that. ;) But the roof goes without saying. :) Except if you have a crane to put them to the roof  :)) just kidding

I would have unclamped it. its within "Private vehicles rules (Vehicle ownership)" where you parked it..
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but it's not really about that clamping, I don't care about that anymore.
I just would like to park my vehicles on the grass too without problems, legally because it would be correct. And you can see the other comments, the most player agree with this and I hope staff members will also accept it. :)

Joshy

I don't like this. No parking on grass rule has been there since... 2010 at the very least, and I see no reason why it should be changed.

You won't be able to park any more vehicles even if we got rid of the rule, and your parking slots are not judged by size of grassy areas of your house. The rule is there for neatness, houses with no vehicles in driveway but instead on the grass just looks weird.

Since this is not relevant to gamemode script, admin vote.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Hobo

Quote from: Joshy on November 13, 2014, 19:49
I don't like this. No parking on grass rule has been there since... 2010 at the very least, and I see no reason why it should be changed.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

GeneralLee

I really like this rule.
Like Joshy & Hobo said..It is like that for almost 5 years! So why to change it now?

Blackhawk

Eurobeat

I want it changed, like allow cars to be parked like that and not trucks/trailers. I see no problem with cars being neatly parked on the grass & driveway alike, HOWEVER it would be a lot of effort to keep that in line and that's the reason it won't happen. It's a good idea, but it would be too much effort - making sure everyone is following the new rules - for something that you(more so staff members) are using your free time on. Therefore it's safe to say it will probably not be changed.

Benny

You should be able to park them like you want, then again it should not look messy around houses...
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview