Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

My FPS.

Started by Dobby, September 17, 2014, 01:15

Dobby

Its allowed in here if its the Scripting server right? :P

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Hobo

Your monitor is limiting it to probably 60fps. Depends on your monitor's refresh rate.  :ccmas:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

Quote from: Hobo on September 17, 2014, 02:17
Your monitor is limiting it to probably 60fps. Depends on your monitor's refresh rate.  :ccmas:

Maxed out @ 200+ FPS according to fraps. Monitor refresh rate is 75hz. I've used an ASI to bypass the SA:MP 100 FPS limit  :imback:
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Hobo

So you're limited to 75 FPS. :ccmas:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

Quote from: Hobo on September 17, 2014, 03:12
So you're limited to 75 FPS. :ccmas:

So fraps is an lyer? :imback:

Hobo

Your monitor can't keep up with your PC. Your monitor's max FPS is 75. Your PC can send it whatever FPS it wants but it will always be limited to 75. :ccmas:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

nyolc8

I'm not sure if 75Hz is equal to 75FPS... I think it's not.

edit: it's not the same: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refresh_rate

abeceda

Quote from: Chewbacca on September 17, 2014, 02:33
I've used an ASI to bypass the SA:MP 100 FPS limit  :imback:
Can you send me that asi script, please? I want to use it too

Ethan

Quote from: abeceda on September 17, 2014, 11:16

Me too, and how do you max the frame rate? I'll see what I can do on mine.

Dobby

Quote from: Ethan on September 17, 2014, 14:08
Quote from: abeceda on September 17, 2014, 11:16

Me too, and how do you max the frame rate? I'll see what I can do on mine.

I'll make a thread later. The frame rate once you use the asi will depend on your setup. You can customise stuff, shadows, lights, kinda like Optifine but for SAMP.

Hobo

Quote from: nyolc8 on September 17, 2014, 10:52

Don't be a peasant.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

nyolc8

Quote from: Hobo on September 17, 2014, 19:11

Don't be a peasant.
Sorry for helping lol

Rubber

Quote from: nyolc8 on September 18, 2014, 11:59

Don't be a peasant.
Sorry for helping lol

High frames per second and refresh rates don't really matter in my opinion. The human eye can't tell a difference in frame rates above 30 fps or 30Hz (so you wouldn't be able to tell a difference between 45fps and 60fps). So why do you need anything higher than 30? I've tried higher fps but don't really notice any change...

Joshy

Quote from: Rubber on September 18, 2014, 21:22

Don't be a peasant.
Sorry for helping lol

High frames per second and refresh rates don't really matter in my opinion. The human eye can't tell a difference in frame rates above 30 fps or 30Hz (so you wouldn't be able to tell a difference between 45fps and 60fps). So why do you need anything higher than 30? I've tried higher fps but don't really notice any change...
I think the number where further FPS improvements are barely visible is at ~40fps. You'll probably notice the difference between 40fps and 60fps with A/B testing though, especially if you're used to fluid 60fps gaming.

Also using framerates in excess that your monitor supports is just wasted GPU cycles.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Rubber

Quote from: Joshy on September 18, 2014, 21:41
Quote from: Rubber on September 18, 2014, 21:22

Don't be a peasant.
Sorry for helping lol

I think the number where further FPS improvements are barely visible is at ~40fps. You'll probably notice the difference between 40fps and 60fps with A/B testing though, especially if you're used to fluid 60fps gaming.

Also using framerates in excess that your monitor supports is just wasted GPU cycles.

I still think above a certain frame rate (you say it's 40), you won't see a difference as long as it is a true steady rate. Since my computer is crap, it shows 45fps but i can still tell when it skips a frame. And that's what I was trying to hint at Joshy, your monitor is probably the limiting factor in high end computers...unless you have a really expensive monitor.

Hobo

Trust me, you can see above 30fps. 60fps is so fucking smooth.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

Don't say stuff like that. You're sounding like a console peasent. You can see above 30 FPS. People just say that as a comfort thing so they don't feel inferior to the PC Master Race.

Rubber

Quote from: Chewbacca on September 19, 2014, 17:46
Don't say stuff like that. You're sounding like a console peasent. You can see above 30 FPS. People just say that as a comfort thing so they don't feel inferior to the PC Master Race.

Trust me, I'm a PC guy and hate consoles. I'm simply saying if you were given a STEADY source of ~45FPS and a STEADY source of ~60FPS you would not be able to tell them apart. By steady I mean not missing a single frame. To prove it, I challenge you to this test. Go to this page: http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/ 

Set the background velocity to 0px/s and the other two spheres (or other objects) to 2000px/s. Now change one of the object's frame rates to 48FPS and the other to 60FPS. Which one is which? I can't tell a difference.... For an added challenge, add a third object. Have a friend change the frame rates of the three objects to either 48 or 60FPS (when you are not looking). Have him/her cover the values so you can't tell which is which. Now try to guess which one is the 60FPS object. I honestly can't tell them apart. Maybe your eyes are better than mine, but I think the whole higher FPS is BS...

Hobo

I see the difference. 60fps is smoother.
That's also a poor example. It's a lot more noticeable when you're the one controlling the motion. ETS2 is noticeably smoother @60 FPS than @ 45-50 FPS.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Joshy

I noticed the difference between 48 FPS and 60 FPS, 48 FPS object has slight jitter since it's not in sync with the monitor's refresh rate.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Dobby

I could tell the difference and i'm half asleep

Rubber

LOL...ok, ok. I guess my eyesight is just a lot worse than your guys. I don't have a fancy computer and have never played a game more than 30-45 FPS so I guess I can't comment anyway. Maybe someday I will have the honor of playing on a 60FPS+ rig. Until then, I guess I'll just shut up

Twido

Quote from: Joshy on September 19, 2014, 21:56
I noticed the difference between 48 FPS and 60 FPS, 48 FPS object has slight jitter since it's not in sync with the monitor's refresh rate.
What joshy says is true.
Don't forget guys! our eyes see with 80 FPS, anything below that is actually laggy for our eyes. although you ain't gonna see 70 fps laggy, it all starts when the frames are way too low. And about the Hz of your screen, it is somewhat the highest fps ur screen supports.

60 and 75 Hz is perfect for the everyday gamers here.
120 Hz is most useful for 3D bullshit.

Credits for info: Dr_DoG/Dr_HaX

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]