LS and SF tunnel collision fixes

Started by Rubber, August 29, 2014, 19:04

Rubber

Ever get frustrated with getting stuck in the LS tunnel (to the West of the airport) and the SF tunnel (north end of SF)? Here is a fix for it. The only thing I did was change the collision files (.col) for the two items in question. Just download and replace both .col files in your gta3.img file and you'll never get stuck with a truck/trailer again! Hope you all enjoy!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e5l2engq6r02c2l/tunnel+collision+fixes.rar

nyolc8

Nice! :like:
You removed the collision of those steel girders over the road?

Rubber

Quote from: nyolc8 on August 29, 2014, 19:08
Nice! :like:
You removed the collision of those steel girders over the road?

It wasn't actually the girders...they have no collisions. It was the beginning of the tunnel that was hanging too low, so I moved it up.

Hobo

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Ethan

does this mean I can ride the big dumper under those bridges and I wont get stuck?

Rubber

Quote from: Ethan on August 29, 2014, 20:07
does this mean I can ride the big dumper under those bridges and I wont get stuck?

Didn't try with big dumper, so not sure lol

Dobby

Quote from: Rubber on August 29, 2014, 20:29
Quote from: Ethan on August 29, 2014, 20:07

Didn't try with big dumper, so not sure lol

Can't mappers fix this? to save people having to read the labels that instruct em not to go through there? and to save us time hauling their asses out
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Ethan

if its a .col file that fixes the issue then no, it has nothing to do with mappers.  everyone will have to use this fix by rubber if they want to through there despite the warnings posted.

nyolc8

Just wondering... isn't this basically cheating? You get advantage over others because you can go through there while others can't.
With editing cols I can make for example an alley wider to get through there with my truck while by default only a motorcycle would fit there. Or removing barriers and other stuff collision and getting through fences. And we can modify anything to make advantages... Just saying. :-X

Rubber

Quote from: Ethan on August 29, 2014, 21:55
if its a .col file that fixes the issue then no, it has nothing to do with mappers.  everyone will have to use this fix by rubber if they want to through there despite the warnings posted.

Yes, everyone would have to install it for it to work.

Quote from: nyolc8 on August 29, 2014, 22:00
Just wondering... isn't this basically cheating? You get advantage over others because you can go through there while others can't.
With editing cols I can make for example an alley wider to get through there with my truck while by default only a motorcycle would fit there. Or removing barriers and other stuff collision and getting through fences. And we can modify anything to make advantages... Just saying. :-X

The way I see it; it's a fix to Rockstar's screw-up. Does it give an advantage by letting you go through the tunnel you should be able to drive through in the first place? Maybe. But also look at it this way. A lot of vehicle mods that you install have different collision properties. You can get improved handling just by moving things around in the mod, without adjusting the handling file. Is this an unfair advantage? Maybe. But what are you going to do, take away the ability to have ANY mods? The tunnel collision mod is such a slight mod that most people probably wouldn't even think twice about it. In addition, I have truck/trailer mods that clear the tunnels just fine...how are you going to be able to tell the difference between a truck/trailer mod and this tunnel mod? That's right...it's not possible...

sardarji

Joci

AzureSpeed

Thank you giving ya 4 cookies for this ive waited for this sooo long thank you
:like:  :like:  :like:  :like:

BGTrucker