Roadtrain v2 work started

Started by nyolc8, July 20, 2014, 14:55

Nado

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 23, 2014, 19:05
Quote from: Nado on July 23, 2014, 18:24
since you are accepting a lot of suggestions lol, try make a version of this Roadtrain as a American model, something like this (not exactly the same ofc) http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2859/10934816063_eeea5b00a4.jpg remember it's just a suggestion ^^
So your suggestion is to make a totally different truck... :d

Btw I recreated the sleeper cabin shadow, also modified/moved the interior walls to fix shadow flickering. It still have some glitches between the main and the sleeper cabin when you inside the cabin, but I just leave it as it... it's not really noticable. (at least in the tests, it was not that visible)
not really lol xD, just do some basics, like remove these doubled tanks, make just 1 tank on both sides, a battery box on door and these muricans things
S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O™
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

nyolc8

Quote from: Benny on July 23, 2014, 21:21
Its starting to get to many details now lol
I want extra parts outside (behind the sleeper cabin) too... :d

Rubber

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 23, 2014, 20:33
Some idea for extra parts into the cabin? (curtains are done)

A hooker on the bed

Taz_Brock

Quote from: Rubber on July 24, 2014, 01:48

A hooker on the bed
hahaha love it

Rubber

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 24, 2014, 02:09
Quote from: Rubber on July 24, 2014, 01:48

A hooker on the bed
hahaha love it

Really wouldn't be that hard. Just go into one of the img files and pull the dff of a hooker, import into truck, and boom! Hooker.

abeceda

Very like how this project progresses - look from the cabin through windscreen is breathtaking, better than from petro-cabover because of height.

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 22, 2014, 18:55
Do you guys want new "paintjob" for the 2 colors? Because I can't decide if I want to do one or not :D
I like idea of your paintjob, but the top of the sleeper looks like its solid color so my suggestion is to include painjob on top of the sleeper. I made two examples in paint, and also edited GTA SA map image you use for interior (removed Wiki GTA watermarks):
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/Xg8x3[/imgur]

Screen on TV is mirrored (at least program logo "CT" is). Fan on dashboard is good idea althrough truck itself have cabin ventilation. But yeah - made it if you can, because it will look cool. Change streering wheel design (not cross-like), if that isnt too hard. Cb radio, I dont like when its above and wire hanging over windscreen. Maybe you can place CB radio somewhere on dashboard and also FM radio/tape (or even CD) player will be great to have in truck. For hooker idea, well it would be preventing me from doing a trucking job so I dont like idea to have hooker on my bed in truck :P

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 23, 2014, 22:48
I want extra parts outside (behind the sleeper cabin) too... :d
Put some orange parking lights on rear side of sleeper, near third brake light. Rear red turn indicators looks weird for me, I dont know how its on real truck but I'll like if you change color to orange. You can also put some tyre blockers and cones on rear side of sleeper, toolbox, battery box (Nado's suggestion)... My opinion - 4 orange lights on front top cabin between sirens is just too close to each other, 3 lights will be better. For bug shield, I think that middle holder (which is higher than other two) looks little weird. I also saw that some truck have just two holders, and I think that it will be better if you remove middle one and leave just two mounts.

IlPaul

Your edits are awesome, nyolc8. Now (if you can) add a third axle on artict3 and an fourth axle on th RT. It will be the best combo ever 8)

nyolc8

Quote from: IlPaul on July 24, 2014, 08:53
Your edits are awesome, nyolc8. Now (if you can) add a third axle on artict3 and an fourth axle on th RT. It will be the best combo ever 8)
artict3 has 3axle in my 14in2 trailer pack.
Can't add 4th axle, because the game only handles 3. (I know it's possible by setting one wheel as an axle but that looks stupid when suspension moving.)

@abeceda: Thanks for the cleaned map. :) I won't change the paintjob, it was too much work to change it now again. I thought about adding light at the top of the sleeper cabin, I didn't decided it yet, how it should be. The 4 lights at the top of the cab are wrong, you right, I think I saw something wrong before and I thought there is 4 on these. In america, all cars and trucks have red rear indicators so I won't change that. I like CB hanging there. I'll see if there is another texture for the steering wheel which would look "truck-ish" because I saw that mack roadtrains have different type of steering wheel. The bug shield I created is based on real images I found, and there is a middle holder too (btw maybe I'll make the bug shield glass colored to match with the truck color). I don't know what a tyre blocker is. I'll add toolbox, and maybe battery box somewhere.

The hooker without any moving would look like you transporting a dead woman...xd

abeceda

Thanks for answer, and sorry for that much mine (stupid) suggestions.
I misspelled tyre blocker, its wheel chocks:

Keep up good work, and make this roadtrain completed so there won't be need for v3.

Marccc

You can make this truck so heavy as possible but still you can only drive with 1 trailer behind it...  :(

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

nyolc8

dat lowpoly fan:
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/lV30q#0[/imgur]

I'm proud of it xd And it took about 1 hour :|

edit: in it's place:

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/6ypkj#0[/imgur]

nyolc8

actually succeed to make the fan propeller spin with IVF :D And used the spoiler animation for that oO XD So it starts to spin if you go fast. But then if you stop, it's and even if you get out the truck and walk into the sleeper cabin, you can see it still spining on the dashboard :D

edit: the only problem is it's keeps spinning around wrong axis... I can spin it on X and Y axis but not on Z axis... I would need Z axis ._. I'm trying to fix it...

edit2: okay, I got Z-axis but now the object rotated xd

edit3: got z-axis rotation but fan is in wrong position UNTIL it starts to spin... then it's good... :|

edit4: WIN! :D stupid axies... But it's good now.

nyolc8

So the fan works, here's how:
- you accelerate, fan turns on for some time - now it works for 5minutes, don't know what time it handles without crashing the game lol - then after that it's starts spinning backwards 5minutes then stops. So basically it's start for 5minutes spinning cycles relative to how your speed changes because I use this as a "spoiler" technically.

Joci

nyolc8

now you can have breakfast (it's an extra so not appearing always) :D (also fixed the flipped TV screens, made the fan rotor red)
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/UeESR#0[/imgur]