Serious question regarding mobile phones

Started by Supreme, May 14, 2014, 21:28

Supreme

If you could choose between an iPhone 5S and a Nexus 5, why would you choose the Nexus 5? Explain please.

Shake

Hobo

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Sjomp

ihatetn931

iphones are for people that dunno anything about technolgy buying an iphone is a waste of money, no external memory. limited to the amount of memory they have, shitty software (itunes) to transfer files between pc and iphone, yes you can use 3rd party software but why do you need software to transfer stuff in the first place

Hobo

Quote from: ihatetn931 on May 15, 2014, 02:05
iphones are for people that dunno anything about technolgy buying an iphone is a waste of money, no external memory. limited to the amount of memory they have, shitty software (itunes) to transfer files between pc and iphone, yes you can use 3rd party software but why do you need software to transfer stuff in the first place
:like:

> [Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:28:25 PM Stephen] If you (willingly) own an iPhone, I automatically assume you know nothing about smart phones

> [Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:32:39 PM Stephen] I have 4 home screens.
Main one: Clock + Notifications widget
Second: Calendar widget
Thrid: Google Keep Widget
Forth: T-Mobile Account details widget

4 apps in the dock. Phone, Hangouts, Chrome, Camera
No other apps on home screens

> [Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:34:14 PM Stephen] I have my wallpapers change every hour and each screen has a different image

iPhone can do none of that.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

iPhone owner here :P ^ Hobo's right. The one thing i hate about the iphone, is the lack of customisation, i might wanna hide apps on my home screen. But i cant :(

One thing you missed out on hobo is:

IOS7 or was it 6, that added a slidy bar thing at the top. Slide it down, it shows:

Today:
All:
Missed:

as collums, inside each collum:

Today:

Date
Weather
Calender

All:
App store updates/texts etc..

Missed:
Calls/other types of notifications

But if you're checking the time, you can press the homescreen button, or the unlock button @ top of phone and chceck it that way. My old android phone was dropped into a rock cavern thingy in Wales otherwise id still have that :(
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Hobo

Quote from: Dobby on May 15, 2014, 02:44
IOS7 or was it 6, that added a slidy bar thing at the top. Slide it down, it shows:
Android has had that feature for a very long time.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

Quote from: Hobo on May 15, 2014, 02:51
Quote from: Dobby on May 15, 2014, 02:44
Android has had that feature for a very long time.

Nice :P i didnt even know that.

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Dr_dog

Nexus 5 seems to have a lot of roms to choose from..
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Vinny

Memory extension is not an argument cuz nexus can't have its memory extended either. (Even though I support n5)
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Hobo

Quote from: Vinny on May 15, 2014, 06:13
Memory extension is not an argument cuz nexus can't have its memory extended either. (Even though I support n5)
The Nexus isn't the only Android phone though.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Vinny

Quote from: Hobo on May 15, 2014, 06:42
Quote from: Vinny on May 15, 2014, 06:13
The Nexus isn't the only Android phone though.
The topic is about n5
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Shake

If Nexus 5 and Danksung S4 united, it would be ggwpnore for the rest of the phones

Mamut

My opinion. I would get the Nexus.

The advantage possessed Nexus hardware issue. Is as good as the iPhone. Has even more performance. Here in Brazil, a Nexus costs almost half the price of the iPhone, and has the same, or even more advantages.

Regarding the design, the iPhone owned more options.