more rookie friendly

Started by Sjomp, April 18, 2014, 22:59

Sjomp

Since there are less players these days, we need some new players.
I see a lot of new players joining when I am online, the only part is most of them don't stay.

So my suggestion(s) is:
1. Reduce the minium amount of truckloads to buy a house, since there are lot's of 1 slots for sale it doesn't matter if someone buys a house at 50 score. (maybe even make them cheaper)
2. Spawn them for the first few times on mainland, some rookies get lost at mapped islands.
3. Make whole mc visible at the map so it will be easier for the rookies to find the road.

I hope you will make it easier for rookies to get something on the server.
Since we need new players and maybe they will bring a more positive atmosphere in the server and on forum.
The atmosphere on this server is a little negative nowadays. :-*

:like:

Dobby

I'm all for the suggestions but 3. We can't go over the limit 1024 gang zones :( what do you think is an ideal score for a house then? 50?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Sjomp

Quote from: Dobby on April 18, 2014, 23:36
I'm all for the suggestions but 3. We can't go over the limit 1024 gang zones :( what do you think is an ideal score for a house then? 50?

Can't you create something like if you are in mc you only got the mc gang zones, if you are in wc you got the wc gang zones? or isn't that possible? :P
Well yes 50 is a good score for an house I think.

Ethan

50 loads per category maybe, not 50 total.... after 50 loads, rookies still dont know what they are doing.. some seasoned veterans still dont know what they're doing either

Dobby

Quote from: Sjomp on April 18, 2014, 23:44
Can't you create something like if you are in mc you only got the mc gang zones, if you are in wc you got the wc gang zones? or isn't that possible? :P

It could be possible. But Pawn code for it would be awful i think, i'd write it but it involves math, calculations etc. Something im not good at.

Quote from: Ethan on April 19, 2014, 00:44
50 loads per category

So;

50 artic
50 dumper

Is that what you mean by category? 50 is still quite a bit. People would stay more if they had things to do. I almost quit when i first started here because it seemed like it took ages to get 100 loads.

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

sardarji

I agree, the minimum amount of truck loads should be decreased. Maybe 50 or 75.  It will make rookie's to achieve something and work for.

As for gangzones. There is a limit so i guess there isnt much we can do.

And regarding spawn point. Correct me if i am wrong. When you create a account your spawn point is set to Random(auto ?), it should be changed to manual. So they can spawn on SA map if they know the names.
But Sjomp idea is great.

Vinny

some seasoned veterans still dont know what they're doing either

Other than that i agree that 100 truck loads may be too much to buy a first house but honestly we can't just change rules like that, we've all been through that and the fact that the server is missing new players is not a valid reason for me to decrease this. But this is a great idea:
Quote from: Sjomp on April 18, 2014, 22:59
2. Spawn them for the first few times on mainland, some rookies get lost at mapped islands.

:like: :dislike:
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

50 loads per category maybe, not 50 total.... after 50 loads, rookies still dont know what they are doing.. some seasoned veterans still dont know what they're doing either
After 50 loads... they will still be on the roads, whats the matter if its gonna be their own truck or a public one, huh?
I would say some of them would drive more careful because its their own truck.

zola0311

Quote from: Dobby on April 18, 2014, 23:36
I'm all for the suggestions but 3. We can't go over the limit 1024 gang zones :(

If a scripter remake Wet County's gangzones and make gangzones on Wet County than on Milestone County, you will get some free gangzones and you can show Redstone on minimap.

If this is not enough, you can remove the mainland gangzones (example:Blackfield Chapel's club base)

Ethan

Quote from: zola0311 on April 22, 2014, 00:31
If this is not enough, you can remove the mainland gangzones (example:Blackfield Chapel's club base)
I agree with you, take the club bases off, leave The Valley, and that red county gas station Konali did. I don't know how much that would free up, nor how many are used now but doing that should free up some, one would be think.

mlwu10

Quote from: Ethan on April 22, 2014, 02:01
I agree with you, take the club bases off, leave The Valley, and that red county gas station Konali did. I don't know how much that would free up, nor how many are used now but doing that should free up some, one would be think.
make the addons like a mod as TM's players made map mod?

zola0311

Quote from: mlwu10 on April 22, 2014, 03:11
Quote from: Ethan on April 22, 2014, 02:01
make the addons like a mod as TM's players made map mod?

NO, we are CT's players.

Joshy

1) Maybe. The thing is, it's been 100 truck loads for a long time now and I don't want to change that.
2) I like it. Probably re-introduce the dialog too from 2011(?), the one that used to come up when you start WC mission as a wannabe.
3) Will be done for next update.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

TheSandman

Quote from: Joshy on May 04, 2014, 03:40
2) I like it. Probably re-introduce the dialog too from 2011(?), the one that used to come up when you start WC mission as a wannabe.
Explain. I dont remember this? Or does anyone else?
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)