Question from Sjomp about sd on android

Started by Sjomp, March 13, 2014, 22:51

Sjomp

I got a question for the smart android peoples here :P
I got a android tablet but when i put my sd card into it, it doesn't work right.
It shows me it has 64gb and all maps and files that are on it but i can't open or save anything on it.
I tried the sd card in a Phone and it worked correct, only not in my tablet.
I also tried formatting it, but nothing worked :(
I also tried the sd card into another tablet with same android 4.2 and it also didn't work.

Who can help me? or is it a lost case for me? :P

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

Im not an expert but since u said that it works fine on the phone then the tablet probably isnt supporting that type of sd cards. Try to figure out what kind of sd card u have and if the tablet is supporting it.

If u have the possibility also try to use some other sd card, try and see if it will work.

Hobo

Quote from: FaZe1337Sajmon420PL on March 13, 2014, 23:19
Im not an expert but since u said that it works fine on the phone then the tablet probably isnt supporting that type of sd cards. Try to figure out what kind of sd card u have and if the tablet is supporting it.

If u have the possibility also try to use some other sd card, try and see if it will work.
This. The tablet might not support SD cards that are 64GBs

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Terrorista310

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

bazingashane0

Also google your SD/microSD or whatever type of SD card it is along with your Tablets brand and model see if there is any conflicts

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Baron[DTU]

It can also be something simple. Some sd cards have a switch on them... to make the cards read only. Maybe move the switch so you can write again?

Dr_dog

Unix permissions... They are bitchy.
Either you have no permissions to edit it in the tablet (not root/owner)
OR
The SD card is in read only mode because you can read it and not write.. As Tenac said above theres a "Lock and Unlock" slider in the larger SD cards (not microSD) make sure its in the unlock position if it has such switch.
What file system format is it formatted to? fat32 should work atleast. (Mine didnt like NTFS, so I formatted it to fat32)

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Sjomp

Quote from: Dr_dog on March 14, 2014, 11:27
Unix permissions... They are bitchy.
Either you have no permissions to edit it in the tablet (not root/owner)
OR
The SD card is in read only mode because you can read it and not write.. As Tenac said above theres a "Lock and Unlock" slider in the larger SD cards (not microSD) make sure its in the unlock position if it has such switch.
What file system format is it formatted to? fat32 should work atleast. (Mine didnt like NTFS, so I formatted it to fat32)

it's micro sd on fat32

Quote from: Terrorista310 on March 14, 2014, 00:47
your tablet is?
http://www.archos.com/us/products/themed/gamepad2/index.html

Ethan

Viper

• 8GB* or 16GB* + micro SD (compatible with cards up to 64GB)
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

Supreme

Quote from: Ethan on March 14, 2014, 13:40
http://www.archos.com/us/support/support_tech/updates_fwm.html
that may help... dont know what version you have
He has the latest.

Quote from: Viper on March 14, 2014, 14:06
   • 8GB* or 16GB* + micro SD (compatible with cards up to 64GB)
And? It's a micro SD from 64GB.

--

It's probably the tablet not liking the SD card, you could try another brand SD if you have one, not sure what else you could do since the things I said in shoutbox didn't work too

Terrorista310

plug your sd into the pc, get your stuff into a folder in the desktop and format with NTFS and try it
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Twido

Quote from: Terrorista310 on March 14, 2014, 16:56
plug your sd into the pc, get your stuff into a folder in the desktop and format with NTFS and try it
Try what he said.
And I have a huawei phone that also don't wanna put stuff onto my SD card. It detects it but don't wanna put something on it. I always have to put it manually on, see somewhere in your settings if you can move your apps on MicroSD

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Sjomp

Quote from: Twido on March 15, 2014, 09:02
Quote from: Terrorista310 on March 14, 2014, 16:56
Try what he said.
And I have a huawei phone that also don't wanna put stuff onto my SD card. It detects it but don't wanna put something on it. I always have to put it manually on, see somewhere in your settings if you can move your apps on MicroSD

I tried that but didn't work :P
I will try to find another sd card and try that

Sjomp

Ok I think I broke it now because only my old nokia Phone detects it and it says it can't format it.
But my pc doesn't detect it anymore so i can't do anything on it now xD