Convoy Trucking, the community, and what can be done for it.

Started by Emily, March 10, 2014, 01:57

Vinny

Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Emily

Vinny people like you are the reason the admins have to be meaner than they need to.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Barney_Ross

Quote from: Emmie_US on March 10, 2014, 13:26
It's not admins that change. It's the people. Admins only do their jobs. If staff were dictators there would be no CT. There would be no true fun of screwing around on a Friday night... We all need to open our eyes and see that admins are part of the help and the trolls and people complaining are part of the reason why others aren't happy

Aren´t we really going on this way now??

Emily

Not necessarily. You missed the message earlier I assume. Mick said he's moving server soon in Shoutbox
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Shake

this is the most bullshit, asslicking topic i've ever fucking seen in my entire life. fucking tryhards.

don't try to hide it, CT IS dying like SAMP is, there is no way you can deny it, and with this bullshit host more and more players will leave/are leaving.

i'm not going to speak about ethan because everyone that is pure blind is on his side, and i'll only talk to that people once they open their eyes. and about that going to fucking hell thing, you just see what he does right, am i correct? because HE was the person who said it first to Spektre, you can see it in his sig.

plus, lets all just say it: some staff can't do shit properly. some of them already changed for the best and i congratulate them for that, mature attitude and thanks for seeing both sides, but some can't do shit.

and for fucks sake, i've never seen ethan's name in some posts like i have right now. the asslick here is fucking strong. congratulations maybe you'll get your mod spot the bad way and be disliked by most people because you just got it thanks to asslicking and not for being a cool person which helps the others (some staff got their position like that and i like them because they're good people, they didnt asslick)

this is my opinion about this topic.

tldr: topic is bullshit, this wont change anything, stop asslicking, watch both sides of the argument.

FatalFrame

Quote from: Dobby on March 10, 2014, 13:23
If we were really dictators fatalframe then why aren't you banned? :) there's no reason to. I couldn't care less what you do. Just don't go over the top an break rules :)

The reason why im not banned is because i rarely write here and dont even play on this server

Quote from: Emmie_US on March 10, 2014, 13:23
It's people like you is why the server is the way it is. Ethan is doing his job and he's only human. That goes for all staff for that matter they are only human

LMFAO!You are one of those admin ass kissers who talk shit but cant back it up.So people like me is the reason why this server dying?

Can you explain what im doing wrong?All im doing is saying my opinion.I dont troll,dont insult/disrespect others so what are you talking about?I know i know even you dont know it

The only reason why Ethan is not doing shit against you because you are cool with him (and probably he wants to date you idk)

GeneralLee

I won't say much because some players will get my message wrongly.
I am not and was never been Ethan's friend,I don't know if I chated with him more than 2-3 lines,but I don't see him as a bad person,just some of CT players that hate him and they want to force Ethan to resign.
Some of them know how to break the rules and avoid to be punished(They was staff members) and when they get punished they start complaining that the punishment wasn't fair . That's not open minded that's just childish.

Anyway this is how I see things going on here.
Don't ask me to reply here again.

Emily

Sure. You may say CT is dying, but it means you aren't open minded. For some odd reason, I still have faith in this server. For some odd reason I'm going to make my attempt to follow it until it's dust in the wind. Unlike some of you I have kept my love for this server. Seeing the way some of you act just disheartens me.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

sardarji

Quote from: Emmie_US on March 10, 2014, 15:54
Sure. You may say CT is dying, but it means you aren't open minded. For some odd reason, I still have faith in this server. For some odd reason I'm going to make my attempt to follow it until it's dust in the wind.
Well said.

Lol as some of you are saying CT is dying. Keep saying it. Will it do anything lol no fucking no.

I can see where there topic is going...Its gonna get locked soon.

Supreme

Why people left:
1) Hosting
2) Staff
3) Real life stuff
4) It simply became boring

1. Hosting
Say what you want, but the last year (since 2013) the host was really bad, we switched a lot, had lots of downtime, there are a lot of people that left because of this, it was literally unplayable for some people. I won't join if I see 20/100 and no one I really like, and this is what a lot of people also do.

2. Staff
Hate on me, ignore me, do whatever you want since I don't really care about you since this is my opinion. The staff has a bad image here like someone already said "It only takes one, or two, rotten apples to fuck up the entire bag full", those 1 or 2 staff make a bad impact on all the staff here, ofcourse there are people in the staff team that I really appreciate and like, but some are just not completely "staff-visioned" to have that role. I can write for ages about this but you get the general idea and everyone knows who I (and everyone else) mean.
>> http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,45863.msg275891.html#msg275891

3. Real life stuff
You get the drill, no time and school/job.

4. It simply became boring
Admit it, after 4 years it's not what it has been. (even though I only played 2,5 years it still became boring now while it wasn't till some time ago).

Anyways I just spend time writing this while this topic will be locked in a short amount of time like all the others.

TL;DR
Quote from: Shake on March 10, 2014, 13:45
topic is bullshit, this wont change anything, stop asslicking, watch both sides of the argument.

Joshy

All sides need to stop to be entirely honest - with a clean slate too.

No "go to fucking hell", no "you tried" images, no posting modified pictures of Ethan disrespecting him, no accusations of being a "dictator". No being childish, if you want to speak your pseudo-English (pijon?) go into a CB. If you want to curse at your friends, go into a CB. No "staff are abusers" accusations if the complaint deemed it was not abuse.

Staff shouldn't embrace dictatorial images either, such as locking complaint about their own actions, setting their rank to "Dictator", making exceptions when they lose their shit and so on. These seriously don't help the situation.

No petty complaints when you didn't behave after you were asked to behave (the old ruleset really helped here since "Obey admin/mod orders - if you find they are not reasonable complain on forum"). It's ok to get an further elaboration as to why you were punished, but if you're undoubtedly in the wrong just don't bother.

Ethan fucked up, a lot of the time it was a misunderstanding (name change, edited proof?) but he did go too far with the "go to hell" thing, should have been told off about it. As sardarji said: if he's cool, he is good. The guy who edited a shoutbox message to contain insults about one's mother should be hit a lot harder too. I'll be honest, we all fuck up. Look at me when I first rage-resigned™ for example, "for those who I consider trolls, just go fuck yourself". We have limits, limits that wouldn't be broken if you did not push them. As for what happens when the limit is broken... you saw what happened. On the contrary, we are expected to act maturely and professional about our duties so if we do blow a valve, there should be a consequence.

You should listen to staff when we tell you to stop whatever you are doing. If we tell you to stop doing something it has to be backed up by a rule subject to staff interpretation, so when you get told to stop, take it as a pre-cursor and stop doing it. Pretty much 99.9% of the time we can back up our reasoning with reference to rules so just because the "obey admin/mod orders" rule is gone doesn't give you the ground to ignore us. If you keep doing it, it's your own problem later on in the line when you get warned/banned and we will use the fact you got told to stop with an assumption that you ignored it.

Anyway the bit that is most relevant to me (scripter): SA-MP as a platform is slowing down, so is CT, momentum decreases over time and there isn't much you can do about that. But, in my opinion, lag and downtime are really harming the server more than SA-MP's decline, so hopefully we will get a new host soon and if it still lags I'll optimize whatever I can. I can't promise updates but there are proposals floating around the scripter team. At the moment there's a standstill on scripting (including myself) - Dobby is following the "not scripting until server isn't lagging" rule which in my opinion is a stupid move since optimizations can be made to the gamemode (look at 2.7.3 update!) which can drastically help the lag problem. Matt is lost in the world of CS:GO, Mick is busy with university/work(?), and I'm lacking motivation to do anything since I really do fear it will be only me adding new features. While I could theoretically add new features by myself, the 2.8.x plan is a lot of work and it would probably take me about 2-3 months when factoring in time outside of CT. Sorry but it had to be said guys (scripters) - this isn't something I can do on my own and would appreciate if we all did a share of the work.

I don't see any reason why this topic should be locked either.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Emily

Quote from: Joshy on March 10, 2014, 16:57

No "go to fucking hell", no "you tried" images, no posting modified pictures of Ethan disrespecting him, no accusations of being a "dictator". No being childish, if you want to speak your pseudo-English (pijon?) go into a CB. If you want to curse at your friends, go into a CB. No "staff are abusers" accusations if the complaint deemed it was not abuse.

Staff shouldn't embrace dictatorial images either, such as locking complaint about their own actions, setting their rank to "Dictator", making exceptions when they lose their shit and so on. These seriously don't help the situation.

No petty complaints when you didn't behave after you were asked to behave (the old ruleset really helped here since "Obey admin/mod orders - if you find they are not reasonable complain on forum"). It's ok to get an further elaboration as to why you were punished, but if you're undoubtedly in the wrong just don't bother.

Ethan fucked up, a lot of the time it was a misunderstanding (name change, edited proof?) but he did go too far with the "go to hell" thing, should have been told off about it. As sardarji said: if he's cool, he is good. The guy who edited a shoutbox message to contain insults about one's mother should be hit a lot harder too. I'll be honest, we all fuck up. Look at me when I first rage-resigned™ for example, "for those who I consider trolls, just go fuck yourself". We have limits, limits that wouldn't be broken if you did not push them. As for what happens when the limit is broken... you saw what happened. On the contrary, we are expected to act maturely and professional about our duties so if we do blow a valve, there should be a consequence.

You should listen to staff when we tell you to stop whatever you are doing. If we tell you to stop doing something it has to be backed up by a rule subject to staff interpretation, so when you get told to stop, take it as a pre-cursor and stop doing it. Pretty much 99.9% of the time we can back up our reasoning with reference to rules so just because the "obey admin/mod orders" rule is gone doesn't give you the ground to ignore us. If you keep doing it, it's your own problem later on in the line when you get warned/banned and we will use the fact you got told to stop with an assumption that you ignored it.

Anyway the bit that is most relevant to me (scripter): SA-MP as a platform is slowing down, so is CT, momentum decreases over time and there isn't much you can do about that. But, in my opinion, lag and downtime are really harming the server more than SA-MP's decline, so hopefully we will get a new host soon and if it still lags I'll optimize whatever I can. I can't promise updates but there are proposals floating around the scripter team. At the moment there's a standstill on scripting (including myself) - Dobby is following the "not scripting until server isn't lagging" rule which in my opinion is a stupid move since optimizations can be made to the gamemode (look at 2.7.3 update!) which can drastically help the lag problem. Matt is lost in the world of CS:GO, Mick is busy with university/work(?), and I'm lacking motivation to do anything since I really do fear it will be only me adding new features. While I could theoretically add new features by myself, the 2.8.x plan is a lot of work and it would probably take me about 2-3 months when factoring in time outside of CT. Sorry but it had to be said guys (scripters) - this isn't something I can do on my own and would appreciate if we all did a share of the work.

Well said. Someone understands where I'm coming from.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Shake

The guy who edited a shoutbox message to contain insults about one's mother should be hit a lot harder too.
sorry it has been handled internally

At the moment there's a standstill on scripting (including myself) - Dobby is following the "not scripting until server isn't lagging" rule which in my opinion is a stupid move since optimizations can be made to the gamemode (look at 2.7.3 update!) which can drastically help the lag problem. Matt is lost in the world of CS:GO, Mick is busy with university/work(?), and I'm lacking motivation to do anything since I really do fear it will be only me adding new features.
i lost the reason why people say we shouldn't say "ct is dying" here

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

just look how every single paragraph is because of the same person =))))))

Barney_Ross

I think biggest problem is that everyone try keep old players not to leave, but real problem is that we dont have any new players to stay...