Convoy Trucking, the community, and what can be done for it.

Started by Emily, March 10, 2014, 01:57

Emily

Alrighty guys, this is something that I've been thinking about for some time now. I've been running the thought of quitting over and over again in my head. I just haven't because I still enjoy playing. Part of the reason I've been thinking about quitting is because of you guys. Let me go into detail.

CT was designed for everyone to have fun and play around, whether they convoyed or performed one of the missions or even just derped around was completely up to them. But, lately the attitudes and conversations have just started to become exactly what mick wants to avoid: people trolling, disrespecting others, acting childish, etc. I'm not trying to say fix this or fix that. I just want to address it for everyone to read (although fixing it would be great)

I'm going to take Katelyn for example:

Quote from: kbwakeskate on March 05, 2014, 16:06
Hey guys. Well I havent even been bothered to go on the server because lately all of the bullshit and drama all of you children cause has disrupted my love for the server and the people here

No wonder she quit. The way you people act has caused one of the few players I actually enjoyed to talk to leave.

Ethan is always getting attacked by people who don't like him (yes I'm on his side). Just for some of the smallest screw ups he is attacked by someone, or he is told to go to fucking hell (saw it in the Shoutbox today). What bothers me the most is that there is never any reason behind any of this.

All I'm trying to say is that we should set aside our differences and try to fix all of this. CT is supposed and used to be a place of fun, but it has turned into a place where people act childish and only care for themselves. So, please, if you will, try to fix these things for CT and the community.

CT will rise up again, to be great, to be the best!
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

TehEpixBraxy

I feel the same way about it. I barely talk in game now because of the people. Yes im gonna take Ethans side on this. Everyone makes mistakes why do you go out on him. Other admins make mistakes even you players who judge him make mistakes. Like seriously grow up. I feel like the admins are playing daycare on the server. All the trolls used to be good players I loved them but they turned for the worst for who knows why. If CT went back to the way it was a year ago before my ban, I would play alot more but now I dont even think its worth staying anymore.

[Spoiler]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.
[/spoiler]

Hobo

People do make mistakes, but when you make mistakes all the time there's a problem. Just so we're clear, Ethan pulled the "Go to fucking hell" card first.

Anyway, in order for this topic to not be locked because truth hurts:
Quote from: Emmie_US on March 10, 2014, 01:57
CT was designed for everyone to have fun and play around
The server is 4 years old. It's getting boring. There are other games to play. People play other, more modern games.

Quote from: Emmie_US on March 10, 2014, 01:57
But, lately the attitudes and conversations have just started to become exactly what mick wants to avoid: people trolling, disrespecting others, acting childish, etc. I'm not trying to say fix this or fix that. I just want to address it for everyone to read (although fixing it would be great)
You won't be able to fix this when we have certain staff members who target players. Do not tell me that this is bullshit. I've seen the staff section.

I'm in no way saying all staff members are bad. Almost all of them are awesome but it only takes one, or two, rotten apples to fuck up the entire bag full.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Vinny

Quote from: Hobo on March 10, 2014, 02:29
but it only takes one, or two, rotten apples to fuck up the entire bag full.
And apparently those bad staff have the most power here.

#eadaf
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Terrorista310

we need konali in the place of mick, but i guess its too late
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

RaceRX

Quote from: Terrorista310 on March 10, 2014, 04:02
we need konali in the place of mick, but i guess its too late
i disagree. joshy would be my choice. I didnt like konali as an admin. personal opinions.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

bazingashane0

I have to agree 100% with you Emily

At times I feel like I get attacked from players cause of other mods fuckups and making us look bad.

However most of us get our jobs done as best as we can and the community shouldn't need to be as bad as it is at the moment.

Hopefully when the server is back online people might stop whinging about lag and stop abusing each other.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Hobo

Quote from: Shane0 on March 10, 2014, 07:10
At times I feel like I get attacked from players cause of other mods fuckups and making us look bad.
Same thing happened when I was staff. I do not miss it.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

sardarji

About Ethan being attacked: Yes he is being attacked and all the mistakes he did are brought up everytime. BUT He should stay calm and stay cool. He gets pissed of very easyly and make bad decisions. Stay cool ethan.

Some staff not gonna name them take their duty too seriously, its a game c'mon let players have fun. And when you are not in good mood its better to not do mod duty, let other staff member handle it.
Its a game afterall.

Some players are also ruining the community..Idk whats their problem, they just create problem and find mistakes of staff all the time. I'd like to request them not to create trouble.

But we are not loosing players because of this, the game is old, server is 4 year old its getting boring we need something new. There are awesome games out there so its naturally ppl will play them and leave SA. And players are getting old :P they have collage/ jobs and dont get much time as they used to.

At last we must work together and help server to recover and make it popular and fun to play.

I am at nobody side. I am giving my opinion as a normal player.

Emily

Wow such off topic... Anyway half the crap that's brought up: Ethan being attacked and all the disrespect that pops and even the fights are all for no reason. Ethan being attacked is for no good reason. Sure he does fuck up but there is no reason to attack him for it because he is only human we all are. There are no admins that haven't made a mistake... There is no scripter that hasn't made a mistake... Hell I bet even mick has. Just for some silly mistakes is not any reason to attack anyone
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Barney_Ross

My opinion here is that staff step back just a little, dont intervene every little fight that is going on server ( with this i mean one vs one arguments which can be solved by them self).

Secondly, now days there is 30 players online, few admins/modetators, always same. So inevitably we get to point where same admin/modetator get involved with same guys with warnings or mute ect. ect. And because of this, people start arguments with admins and start to make groups who are against this admin or not against.

So, We should get more FRESH admin staff, and especially more admins online.

Players should start to behave more mature when they get warned or muted or something, they dont start to complain things (of course if they have been misunderstood, they will complain).

Staff should use sense with actions they take, and try minimize overstatements.

FatalFrame

Yes yes yes bla bla bla bla.........

There are bunch of topics like this yet nothing changed,so you just wasted your time making this,because admins dont give a shit about it

"Ethan is always getting attacked by people who don't like him (yes I'm on his side). Just for some of the smallest screw ups he is attacked by someone"

Smallest screw ups?Open your eyes!.....oh i forgot you kiss his ass so admins wont ban you.I see

Dobby

If we were really dictators fatalframe then why aren't you banned? :) there's no reason to. I couldn't care less what you do. Just don't go over the top an break rules :)

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Emily

Quote from: FatalFrame on March 10, 2014, 13:15
Yes yes yes bla bla bla bla.........

There are bunch of topics like this yet nothing changed,so you just wasted your time making this,because admins dont give a shit about it

"Ethan is always getting attacked by people who don't like him (yes I'm on his side). Just for some of the smallest screw ups he is attacked by someone"

Smallest screw ups?Open your eyes!.....oh i forgot you kiss his ass so admins wont ban you.I see

It's people like you is why the server is the way it is. Ethan is doing his job and he's only human. That goes for all staff for that matter they are only human
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Emily

It's not admins that change. It's the people. Admins only do their jobs. If staff were dictators there would be no CT. There would be no true fun of screwing around on a Friday night... We all need to open our eyes and see that admins are part of the help and the trolls and people complaining are part of the reason why others aren't happy
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT