News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

ETS2 News

Started by Benny, February 01, 2014, 10:01

NyxScooty

Holiday time is a quiet period in our office as members of our team are spending time with their families. But we know that our fans always crave for fresh information about our projects. So here we are, with a bunch of great-looking panoramas from Scandinavia!

As you may have already noticed in some earlier screenshots we have published, there are considerable changes coming to the game environment. Several in-game graphic rendering elements have been altered or improved to achieve a richer color palette, as presented on the images in this blog post.

The most noticeable changes to the systems are improvements to HDR tone-mapping calculations and sun shafts. Each weather condition now has its own specific lighting preset, allowing us to provide different scene illumination and reflectivity depending on the current state of game environment.

Sun shafts (sometimes dubbed "God rays") will be using a new calculation algorithm which creates softer and more lifelike effects - driving during sunset or sunrise will provide you with vistas you have not yet seen in ETS2. In order to improve the looks of scenes, we've also decided to alter our fog/haze calculation system.

As the shaders and rendering code are changing, we also need to adjust quite a lot of game assets. Shaders and textures of many objects such as buildings or roads have to be updated in order to correct their specular and diffuse lighting properties to match the new system.

We are half-way through all this work, quite a lot of it is still ahead of us. We aim to release the improvements mentioned in this post alongside Scandinavia DLC. However, the visual changes will be very noticeable everywhere, it will not be just the new parts of the ETS2 world to benefit from the new graphical features. So even if you don't rush to buy Scandinavia right away when it's released, you will get the visual changes as a part of a free game update available for all Euro Truck Simulator 2 owners.

My mom once told me, Being a Trucker is not a job.
Well, Then no food for ya!

NyxScooty

We are happy to announce that Euro Truck Simulator 2 is finally about to appear officially on Apple Mac OS X platform. But we are starting carefully - with a beta.

Please bear in mind that the current Mac build is still considered a beta and may contain bugs or other issues. If you already own the game license on Steam, and at the same time happen to be a Mac user bold enough to try a beta, we would be very happy to hear back from you on your experience with this testing release. But keep your patience in check if you consider buying the game just based on the existence of a beta - things happen, and we don't want to disappoint you guys if the beta process takes longer than we now hope.

The MacOS version of the game is not "just a port" - it is intended to be a first class citizen along with the Windows and Linux versions, based on the same living codebase. Therefore we should be able to always update all the different operating system versions in parallel and keep the feature sets in sync.

Adding Mac compatibility to our ever-changing game code was not an easy task, it has taken more effort and time than we anticipated. But choosing this approach was worth it. This preview version is in no way different from the official 1.15 version of ETS2, so people participating in the beta can already sign up to World of Trucks and take part in our SCS Polar Express special!

Leave your comments, thoughts and bug reports in our MAC beta forum please. Follow this step-by-step guide to obtain access to the beta on your computer.

Happy Trucking!

NyxScooty

I think this says enough ^

Marccc

COMMING SOON !!! May 7th !!!

[/size]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

Ethan

looks awesome but DLC or straight update?

Dobby

DLC. Gonna cost 17.99 EUR. Looks good, i might download ETS2 again for this.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304212/
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Eurobeat

Ugh, it looked so good until I saw that it wont be free.

"I mean it's not like the players even paid anything for the game so lets just make the cool stuff expensive as fuck." :herpderp: :herpderp: :herpderp:

Dr_dog

Quote from: FishRSA on May 03, 2015, 15:56
Ugh, it looked so good until I saw that it wont be free.

"I mean it's not like the players even paid anything for the game so lets just make the cool stuff expensive as fuck." :herpderp: :herpderp: :herpderp:
For fuck sakes.. They been working for ages with the Scandinavia DLC.. And its been known that its a DLC, just like Going East. You had to pay for it. They spent shitloads of time on the new DLC. Its not just same old prefabs.. Its whole damn new prefabs beginning with roads all the way to buildings and signs. It takes time, So I belive it would be fitting to actually ask for something in return for it. The Update of 1.17 will be free. So will the Mercedes. But the map wont, its an expansion to the map. IMO. SCS deserves it.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Marccc

+ if you buy scandinavia DLC you can drive in the future double trailers in ETS2:MP

The script is nearly done i think, they have only to rewrite it.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

Eurobeat

Hax, I never said they shouldn't charge anything for it, I just said it's really expensive. Anyway...

And IMO it would be pretty nice to see this kind of "double trailer" concept instead of - or as well as - the one they're planning on integrating. I find their version very complicated since it involves 3 flex-joints instead of 2, less being more simple in my mind.

Then again, I guess their reason for using the complex method is to keep both trailers large and thus carrying more cargo. Still, it would be nice to see the "simple" way in there in there.

Dr_dog

Actually the B-train (as seen above) Is much more simple and easier to manouver with. Than the dolly system they made in ETS2MP.. I belive it was just easier to make the double trailers in that way. You dont have to remodel the whole trailer to fit an 5th wheel behind it. You can just model that dolly and create hookup point behind the first trailer.

IMHO: They dont look pretty.. Nor will they handle well. Would've rather had either B trains or fully rigid combinations. (Truck having an cargobay + dolly + semi trailer)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Eurobeat

Hell, I'd rather just have a truck with a container on the back. Maybe they should add that in a future update too? *hint hint*

Dr_dog

Quote from: FishRSA on May 03, 2015, 20:47
Hell, I'd rather just have a truck with a container on the back. Maybe they should add that in a future update too? *hint hint*
They did throw up an idea of swap bodies being slight possible chance in future. Which would mean the truck would be tandem frame. and hopefully forget the idea of middle axle trailers and rather use dolly and swap body capable trailer.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Eurobeat

Nice idea, but would I be able to do loads without hitching a trailer? Or haven't they said anything further about it?

Dr_dog

Quote from: FishRSA on May 04, 2015, 11:37
Nice idea, but would I be able to do loads without hitching a trailer? Or haven't they said anything further about it?
Nothing after the initial blogpost of that idea. Otherwise i'd  guess you'd own the trailer frame and theres just containers on legs waiting at terminal to pickup.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS