advertisements from colored words

Started by Ethan, January 03, 2014, 03:48

Ethan

I dont remember where I mentioned it.. but this is what I was talking about with the colored words being advertisements when you hover your mouse over them:
http://imgur.com/a/w15Hh#0

I can refresh the page and theyd be gone. I dont have any unknown extensions, Josh recommended checking plugins, and nothing was there either... anyone got any reason?

Matias

Use Ccleaner, scan your PC, may be a virus.
Also check if you don't have any toolbar installed.

Joshy

It is certainly a malicious piece of software so scan your PC with MalwareBytes or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

TheSandman

Also check your extensions you have installed, for your browser. Since sometimes installing something can install stupid extensions to your browser which adds adverts/searches to any webpage you visit. I wouldnt be inclined to say this is a malicious virus though.

Post a screenshot of your extensions list of Google Chrome. Any you dont recognise, you should delete.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Ethan

I checked my extensions when Josh mentioned checking my plugins.. I recognize all of them..I just did a scan with malware bytes and it came back clean... so I might have gotten rid of it already

Slo_Runner

Quote from: Ethan on January 03, 2014, 16:05
I checked my extensions when Josh mentioned checking my plugins.. I recognize all of them..I just did a scan with malware bytes and it came back clean... so I might have gotten rid of it already

I use Adblock Plus plugin, it disables those naughty things :)
Quote from: mick88 on December 29, 2013, 00:03
Thanks for the report. We'll test which weathers manifest this problem and edit the zone weathers accordingly.

Could admins please test different weathers in these locations and let me know if they find any weathers  that cause the ocean water to raise over the road?
Quote from: Luismi. on February 10, 2013, 14:07
Nice idea, it´s under Development but good idea, i like it :) +1
Quote from: Mr.Benny on April 07, 2013, 15:22
where and how did you get under the map...
HAHAHAHAHAHA :D
[hide=My Signature's]

[/hide]
[hide=What makes me happy :)]
Link 1
Link 2
[/hide]

[hide=Sry Mick] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17366295 bytes) in /home/mick88/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php(1119) : runtime-created function on line 24 [/hide]

Dr_dog

Quote from: Slo_Runner on January 04, 2014, 09:25
Quote from: Ethan on January 03, 2014, 16:05

I use Adblock Plus plugin, it disables those naughty things :)
Actually it does not when you are infected already. The adware can come through downloaded files too and install itself in the background. Your adblock is limited to browser.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Slo_Runner

then run Xoft Spy or SpyBot S&D they keep me clean :)
Quote from: mick88 on December 29, 2013, 00:03
Thanks for the report. We'll test which weathers manifest this problem and edit the zone weathers accordingly.

Could admins please test different weathers in these locations and let me know if they find any weathers  that cause the ocean water to raise over the road?
Quote from: Luismi. on February 10, 2013, 14:07
Nice idea, it´s under Development but good idea, i like it :) +1
Quote from: Mr.Benny on April 07, 2013, 15:22
where and how did you get under the map...
HAHAHAHAHAHA :D
[hide=My Signature's]

[/hide]
[hide=What makes me happy :)]
Link 1
Link 2
[/hide]

[hide=Sry Mick] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17366295 bytes) in /home/mick88/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php(1119) : runtime-created function on line 24 [/hide]

Joshy

I fixed this with TeamViewer last night.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)