Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

CT's plan in 2014

Started by mlwu10, December 31, 2013, 13:24

Shake

Quote from: TheSandman on January 01, 2014, 13:54
Quote from: FatalFrame on January 01, 2014, 13:29
To some staff members:

Give us the right of the free speech and more freedom because this is like a dictatorial server.Dont act like you own this server because you dont,Mick owns it,not you

Then maybe players will stop leaving CVT so this server will have 100/100 players again instead of 30/100 all the time.Stop warning/banning everyone for pathetic reasons,you will just kill the server with your bullshit

Of course the bad host was the other reasons why a lot of people left this server
For someone with 11 posts you really do talk a lot of shit without doing your research.
This is what I don't get. What's the thing about him having 11 posts? He might be every single day looking on the forum without posting anything.
And, fyi, he knows more than most people do. Just saying. FatalFrame knows what he's talking about.

mick88

I'd like to get more scripters on board to squash the bugs, develop new features, and optimize gamemode to further reduce the lag. Unfortunately we can't get a perfect host because we are not making money to pay for one. I don't want to commercialize the server, so we can only afford whatever donations allow.

Tyler

Quote from: Metallord on January 01, 2014, 14:08
Heavy Vehicles for sale !
Rhino / Hydra / Hunter... etc :D
soo evil idea  >:D >:D >:D MUHAHAHAHA  :like:
Never gonna happen. :like:

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Lindsey

Quote from: Winkle on January 01, 2014, 06:47
Quote from: Hobo on January 01, 2014, 00:33
Host in USA = fair ping to all. Since the USA is between Europe and Australia/Asia, both places get ~200 ping (or less). Right now with the host in Europe, Australian and Asian players are getting 400+ ping.

This.

Who are not the majority.

As mick has posted, if people actually donated he'd get a decent host.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Ethan

Quote from: Lindsey on January 01, 2014, 16:16
As mick has posted, if people actually donated he'd get a decent host.
there isnt ever going to be a "perfect" host location... hosted in America, European users complain, hosted in Europe, people from other parts of the world complain... never gonna find that perfect spot

Hobo

Host in USA = fair ping to all. Since the USA is between Europe and Australia/Asia, both places get ~200 ping (or less). Right now with the host in Europe, Australian and Asian players are getting 400+ ping.
This.
So? I think the majority can deal with ~200 ping instead of forcing other players (and there are plenty of them) to suffer with 400+ ping.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

X_Raided

fatalframe is correct....server died not only because of gta5 but because admans are no longer here to help people like before, now, new smods are only concerned with warning and banning people. little kids that have been giving more power than they ever have in there lives...look what youve done to the server lol ...where as once we had a Disneyland like environment now we have a Nazi Germany like server ran by the Gestapo

trying to see from admans point of veiw

Tanner

I would like to see some new missions- such as load points, drop points (Which means make new counties. Once I get my school schedule worked out, I wouldn't mind learning MTA and applying for a mapper position), new mini missions (Fire truck, Taxi (kinda like limos)), trading for certain things to be re-enabled (even though this might not ever happen again:/), and have different club features as what have been listed before. There's a lot of potential for this server. There really is. But it's up to the players in the community to do something about it. If you want a "perfect" server (it'll never be "perfect"), then everyone needs to chip in (Not all with $), and do their part to help make this server succeed. I enjoy coming on the server. But there needs to be some changes, and as I've said- it's up to the players themselves. This isn't a "Dear Santa" type thing. If you want something- work for it. We ALL can do it, I know we can. There's some excellent people that I've met on this server (Some that I've never met in person) that I call my best friends, and that comes from the community. This year, I want to start a clean slate with all players that I've been pissed at or been rude towards. 2014 is a new year for me, as it is for everyone.

I like everyone's suggestions. And I think we can do it, guys/girls. Lets make Convoy Trucking the best server in SAMP history!

Happy New Years everyone!

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Why don't you expand the ways to donate, mick. I wanted to donate several times but I couldn't because paypal and onebip both don't support Macedonia. And I am not the only one, I spoke to a lot of other players from foreign countries that have the same problem. If you expand it + You advertise it (if you can afford money for advertising) why not. It's not bad if you advertise. Every company is advertised. You can actually earn money from this server which you can spend on a decent host. Who knows, maybe you will earn some more who you can use privately.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Benny

I think PaySafeCard and MasterCard would be good, i would donate each month since paysafe is easy to get.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Tyler

Quote from: Bruno_2MLG4CT on January 01, 2014, 20:06
Who knows, maybe you will earn some more who you can use privately.
That is against the samp ToS.

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

TheSandman

Quote from: Hobo on January 01, 2014, 16:38
This.
So? I think the majority can deal with ~200 ping instead of forcing other players (and there are plenty of them) to suffer with 400+ ping.
Overstatement. I used some players a couple weeks ago for some ping tests, Nobody in Europe had over 130, maybe 150 at most.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Gaara

I know I really haven't been around this server for a long time so I have no idea how much my word may count, but I'm a European player, currently my ping is around 80-90 (thanks to my aaawwweeesome 2 MB/s connection), either way, I wouldn't mind to play with a ping of 200 either. 400+ would be a different story, but a US host wouldn't get European players that far up I suppose. Just my two cents :)

Oh, and

Quote from: Benny on January 01, 2014, 20:38
I think PaySafeCard and MasterCard would be good, i would donate each month since paysafe is easy to get.

I totally agree on this one, I could donate with a paysafecard right away. No idea if that's possible, though :)

Viper

Quote from: TheSandman on January 01, 2014, 02:17
Quote from: $nake on December 31, 2013, 23:54
I'm NOPE'ing the idea of US Host, we are 80%'ish EU, nothing will change it, people from other continents don't care that much about server, look how many of them play :)
Dont be so self centered $nake, its pathetic. Not everything revolves around Europe and you.
Youre playing a driving server, so a higher ping isnt a priority to its players. You need a host that has uptime, (which America had), a server that stayed online, wasnt being attacked (which was the majority of America).

Quote from: Lindsey on January 01, 2014, 00:28
Is this another "we advertise DDoS protection but can't back it up?" or just general outages :(
Ive heard a couple other servers are down too so its the host being sh*t as usual.

Snake How about you live with 400+ ping i bet you will complian and well said sandman :D
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

Shake

Seriously why the fuck does ping matter so much to you? It's a fucking TRUCKING (T R U C K I N G) server not a Deathmatch one, so why the fuck do you even care about ping? What matters isn't ping. You can have like 10 ping and still lag like fuck if the server (host) is not stable.

What really matters is the server (or host, in this case) stability, which the USA host had.

You have a server in EU with bad stability -> you complain about lag
You have a server in USA with good stability -> you complain about ping
You have a server in EU (AGAIN BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE ONLY COMPLAINING) -> you still complain about it being down and laggy and shit like that.

Can't you be fucking happy for once? You have to think what's best for the SERVER and ALL players, not just for YOU because YOU live in Europe or America or wherever the fuck you live at, and you want a server there so you have low ping.

Learn how to play with lag (even if it's super minimum) and live with it. Jeez.

There are WAY more important things to take care of than the freaking host which we're changing every now and then because people aren't happy.