How to install Snow mods and not die in the process

Started by Matias, November 21, 2013, 19:34

Matias

Decided to make an easy tutorial so people can sucessfully install snow mod + working SnowFX without problems. If you still need help please ask here :D

1) We will download all the required files:

GTA Snow Mod Textures: Click Here Password: convoy
GTA SA Crazy IMG Editor: Click Here
SnowFX cleo mod: Click here
Cleo 4 files: Click here
Sanny Builder files: Click here

2) We will unzip all Snow Textures in a new folder (doesn't matter where you place it).
3) When done unzipping, open GTA SA Crazy IMG Editor.
It will look like this, and then you press File > Open and open your GTA3.img file.
[hide=Crazy IMG Editor][/hide]
4) After you opened your IMG file to edit, you will need to press Edit > Add with replacement and extract existing. This will create a backup of the files you are replacing, so you can install them back whenever you want.
5) After you selected where to save the backup files and selected the snow models to install, go back to File > Rebuild Archive, save the changes, when asked if you want to overwrite press YES and it will start to rebuild your gta3.img file. When done, you can close your program.

To install SnowFX and cleo mod to make it work please follow this tutorial:

1) Install Cleo 4 in your GTA San Andreas folder

2) Install Sanny Builder and when it asks you to install Cleo 3 library press Yes. When installation is done DO NOT open Sanny Builder.

3) Install the SnowFX in your cleo folder at your GTA SA folder. After this step you are ready to launch your game and activate snow pressing CTRL and + at the same time.

Problems with Cleo:
I only had one problem when installed Cleo 4 without Sanny Builder.
I got a message telling me error loading plugin Cleo.asi. I fixed it installing Sanny Builder and cleo 3 library that comes with Sanny Builder.

Video tutorial made by Sorin

Ethan

wow, this is almost exactly the same tutorial from last year for snow fx (actually, it probably is same one but with minor modification)
:like: :like:

Matias

Yup, i posted almost the same about the snowfx thing because its the way i made it to work, the rest about the textures is new, i never explained it because i didn't have the time :D

nyolc8

Are there any snow fx mod which doesn't require cleo (so which is just an asi)?

RaceRX

Quote from: nyolc8 on November 22, 2013, 09:29
why dont you wanna run cleo?
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Matias

No, the only snowfx i know runs with cleo. D:

unwar

CPU: i5-4430 @ 3.2 GHz | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S | MOBO: ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 | MEM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz | GPU: GTX 760 2GB DDR5 @ 256bit | HDD: 1 TB & 750 GB @ 7200 RPM 64 MB buffer SATA-II |
PSU: CWT PSC750R-E 750W | OS: Win 10 64bit

PHONE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE 32GB

I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war.

nyolc8

Quote from: Noah Blake on November 22, 2013, 10:07
why dont you wanna run cleo?
In my experience, it's performance hungry.

Matias

Quote from: unwar on November 22, 2013, 14:54
what's the password from mediafire?

Oh yes, my bad xD
The pass is convoy

Thanks for reminding me it has a pass :D

unwar

CPU: i5-4430 @ 3.2 GHz | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S | MOBO: ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 | MEM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz | GPU: GTX 760 2GB DDR5 @ 256bit | HDD: 1 TB & 750 GB @ 7200 RPM 64 MB buffer SATA-II |
PSU: CWT PSC750R-E 750W | OS: Win 10 64bit

PHONE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE 32GB

I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war.

abeceda

I instaled that mod yesterday, only snow textures.
And for me, it crash (block PC, i can only restart it, crtl+alt+del dont work) in LS, when driving on Market Boulevard street from north to south (crash is near Market).

How can i fix that? BTW i do not have any other mods than some nyloc8's truck, which work fine.

Supreme

Quote from: abeceda on November 23, 2013, 20:16
I instaled that mod yesterday, only snow textures.
And for me, it crash (block PC, i can only restart it, crtl+alt+del dont work) in LS, when driving on Market Boulevard street from north to south (crash is near Market).

How can i fix that? BTW i do not have any other mods than some nyloc8's truck, which work fine.

You will need a streamfix.
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,43692.0.html

zola0311

I followed the tutorial but my gta crashed.I used streamfix too but crashed again.

RaceRX

Quote from: zola0311 on November 29, 2013, 16:14
I followed the tutorial but my gta crashed.I used streamfix too but crashed again.
what installer did you use + when doing mass installs you need to use a fresh gta3img
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Matias

Quote from: zola0311 on November 29, 2013, 16:14

First install the models, launch your game and test.
Then install the snowfx, launch your game and test, so you know which is causing the issues.