Cookies suggestion

Started by Matias, August 16, 2013, 05:00

Matias

This idea came up to my mind some days ago and i would like to make it, but i first need your feedback and what should be improved at it.

I have been thinking in a system of rewards for helpful people on the server.
If someone was helpful with you, assisting you with problems, or questions, then you will be able to give him a cookie (1 per day or 1 per week, i will review this at a later time).

People will be able to see how much cookies he got at his statistics. Indeed the player with most cookies is the player with most helps at the online community. There would be other ways to win cookies, by events, or other kind of official announces, and you will be able to change them for rewards or something worth the time you spent helping, the ones i will review at a later time.

Indeed this system needs to be reviewed to evade abuses.

What do you think about it? Would you like it? Which rewards you suggest?

Hobo

I like it, but it needs to be implemented perfectly to not be abused. We don't need more player or admen caboose.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Calvingreen17.

What can you abuse with cookies? ........

Seems pointless imo.

Older and wiser

Matias

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on August 16, 2013, 05:30

Seems pointless imo.

Making fake accounts to give yourself cookies and get rewards for that.

Calvingreen17.

Instead of making a system to reward players with fake cookies, maybe the person they help can give them money? There's no difference between the two.

-1 for me

Older and wiser

Rahail

It's not really needed in my opinion, no one will really use it.

Matias

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on August 16, 2013, 05:32
Instead of making a system to reward players with fake cookies, maybe the person they help can give them money? There's no difference between the two.

-1 for me

This is meant to give players abit of more interest in helping players and being kind with others, will also help people to host more events and give cookies at them as rewards, which will let you change them for stuff in the future.
Yes its like money, but you get them by helping and participing in events, which is way different than work. This will make alot of guys being helpful.

Rubber

I like the idea because it will get people to help new players. 3 years ago, people helped each other...now they just answer peoples questions with stupid answers, just trolling them. Perhaps there should be a way to take cookies away?

Also, I think there should be a message sent to the player, something like: "you have received a cookie from XXXX, reason: XXXX"  it would be nice if total cookies showed up on stats too.

Calvingreen17.

What reward do you get for having cookies then? (Or a certain amount), else who gives a fuck about having cookies that you cant eat?

Older and wiser

Supreme

No, everyone will just give cookies to their friends or pay people to give them cookies, sorry but -1

Jopi

Not bad idea,but we don't need that.

:cereal:

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Great idea but players will beg for cookies to get reward, so I am neutral.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Vinny

Spam and corruption will come up instantly, people begging to get cookies / paying to get cookies.
But I have an idea of a possible reward. If someone gets a number of cookies, lets say 10, he will have a 50% discount on the car of his choice in a certain dealer, lets say Autobahn Used Autos.
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

I think you should enable smiting karma to punish those unhelpful players  >:D

TheSandman

Quote from: SzajmoN on August 16, 2013, 10:31
I think you should enable smiting karma to punish those unhelpful players  >:D
It was enabled, but it was disabled, so no.

Quote from: Matias. on August 16, 2013, 05:31
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on August 16, 2013, 05:30

Seems pointless imo.

Making fake accounts to give yourself cookies and get rewards for that.
You need to have 10/something posts to be able to give cookies anyway.

Im neutral on the suggestion; based on what people said about the begging/randomly giving.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)