ow do i get GTA SA to work on windows 8?

Started by maxie_[FIN], August 13, 2013, 23:26

maxie_[FIN]

well i really wana play CT now and i cant get SA to run on my PC... ive tried so many different things and it still wont work... any ideas?

Dr_Doom

What "things" have you tried... What kind of message do you get upon installation of SA-MP... I used to run Windows 8 on my laptop when I first got it, had no problems other than some foolish windows hotkeys...

Ethan

lmao if hax replies ignore him, he will just say get rid of the computer and buy a new one

Tyler

it works on Windows 8 FAG. I'll help you when you wake up. ;3

* Girl « Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:31 by Ethan »

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Funnybunny

try to install the game on a Win 7 computer, copy the the gta folder to your Win8 computer and try it. Also change the gta service pack to win 7 or lower. (i don't know if its gonna work, never tried it. Dont have a win8)

Calvingreen17.

I have Windows 8 and it works well, even better than on Windows 7 (cause 7 caused framerate lag for some reason, 8 feels more optimized). It might be the source from where you downloaded your GTA.

Older and wiser

Ethan

SA still uses registry values when installed on the win 7 computer so just copying/pasting may not work

TheSandman

Quote from: Ethan on August 14, 2013, 02:32
SA still uses registry values when installed on the win 7 computer so just copying/pasting may not work
SA doesnt have any important registry keys.
Try installing it from a CD on W8, or copying it from a friend.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: TheSandman on August 14, 2013, 02:39
Quote from: Ethan on August 14, 2013, 02:32
SA doesnt have any important registry keys.
Try installing it from a CD on W8, or copying it from a friend.

Or he could try using a "Unrar n play" version of GTA. Those are just compressed in rar files, no need to install, just unzip and play.

Here's a link to one I used:

http://filetram.com/uploading/egygame-net-gta-san-andreas-rar-8946020589

Older and wiser

maxie_[FIN]

calv that link does not work, an ive tried to move it over from a win 7 computer where it wored fine.

when i start the game it works well until the GTA SA screen pops up. the one whit a bunch of pictures, and after that screen it stops working every time i try. and i have tried all the service packs too.