News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

PC help

Started by Shock, August 10, 2013, 11:10

Shock

i wasnt sure where to put this bu here it goes

In front of my house there is a outdoor street light. The light sometimes turns off and my pc turns off to only my pc nothing else. And when i turn it back on i get a bios message " your chase has been tempered before pls check it" (something like that) and every time after that my pc time is wrong... dose anyone knows what is happeninig :/ :D
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

TheSandman

Can you take a picture of the BIOS message? Its easier to read it for real xD
I dont see how a street light outside could effect your PC..
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Terrorista310

maybe your pc cant handle the mini-failures from your electric company

hax can explain better
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Joshy

Your CMOS battery is probably out-of-charge. About your computer turning off when the light goes off, perhaps the light is causing a power surge (relay without a EMF diode?) and is causing disturbance on your power supply system, as a result your PSU can't handle it. So replace PSU.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Dr_dog

Check your BIOS settings? is anything changed (time and date, boot order) anything really. That could hit to CMOS battery being low on charge as Joshy said.
Or a even half second lasting power outage cuts the power to PSU for long enough time to kill the power. And when you cut the power like that it has chance to do some damage. (Pressing power button once is different from pulling the plug)
Could mean that the street lamp is connected to same power grid as your house is wired to. So if the lamp is going off same time as your computer cuts off. could hint a power outage or something.

Had several cases on bad cmos battery causing machine to be unable to boot normally without forcing it to boot from specific source via F11
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Terrorista310

Quote from: Dr_dog on August 10, 2013, 21:26
Or a even half second lasting power outage cuts the power to PSU for long enough time to kill the power. And when you cut the power like that it has chance to do some damage. (Pressing power button once is different from pulling the plug)
Could mean that the street lamp is connected to same power grid as your house is wired to. So if the lamp is going off same time as your computer cuts off. could hint a power outage or something.

Solution: call your electricity provider so they look for the problem and fix it, its probably the lamp in your street mal function and its stealing your own electricity

Rockey

Quote from: Terrorista310 on August 10, 2013, 21:31

Solution: call your electricity provider so they look for the problem and fix it, its probably the lamp in your street mal function and its stealing your own electricity

then claim the electric they stole from you, and get rich  >:D

Dr_dog

also came in mind that you might get some dirty electricity that causes the PSU to shutdown to prevent major damage. or really much changing voltages in short time
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Twido

you really should check ur psu lol. I've fucked my motherboard already by too much power going to it

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Shock

Quote from: TheSandman on August 10, 2013, 11:20
Can you take a picture of the BIOS message? Its easier to read it for real xD
I dont see how a street light outside could effect your PC..

im not home right now i will upload the pic i get soon

Quote from: Joshy on August 10, 2013, 19:56
Your CMOS battery is probably out-of-charge. About your computer turning off when the light goes off, perhaps the light is causing a power surge (relay without a EMF diode?) and is causing disturbance on your power supply system, as a result your PSU can't handle it. So replace PSU.

where and how much dose it costs to replace one? do i have to look out for something when im replacing it?

Check your BIOS settings? is anything changed (time and date, boot order) anything really. That could hit to CMOS battery being low on charge as Joshy said.

Had several cases on bad cmos battery causing machine to be unable to boot normally without forcing it to boot from specific source via F11

The cabel that goes to my house is connected to the lamp ( i will take a pic )

Quote from: Dr_dog on August 10, 2013, 21:36
also came in mind that you might get some dirty electricity that causes the PSU to shutdown to prevent major damage. or really much changing voltages in short time

what dirty electricity?

P.S. Thank you for so much help :D
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Mr.Kangaroo

just cut the damn pole down - problem solved ;)
Gold iPhone 5S - Silver iPad Air

Dr_dog

Quote from: Shockwave[CRO] on August 11, 2013, 13:33
where and how much dose it costs to replace one? do i have to look out for something when im replacing it?

what dirty electricity?

P.S. Thank you for so much help :D
CMOS battery is a small 3.3v buttoncell/flat usually model CR2032. If you remove it in your motherboard. you lose your bios settings because BIOS does not have any memory where to dump the settings values. it relies on current flowing through its flash which resets if it loses current. Also it keeps your date and time up to date by having actual clock running in it.

Dirty electricity is type of pollution but i mean by it bad power grid, bad power delivery, frequently changing voltages (like 180-260v instead of stable 240v) That will most of the time trigger a safety mechanism in most of electronics that are fragile other than angle grinder (left one overnight in heavy rain plugged in. worked at morning)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

LoVeRxD

Try Changing the Battery or mybee the electric of your house isn't good.
Be Carefull ''Troll Face'' Down Below!
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Terrorista310

Quote from: Shockwave[CRO] on August 11, 2013, 13:33
The cabel that goes to my house is connected to the lamp ( i will take a pic )

that's your problem right there, that lamp is mal function.

Shock

where can i get the battery?