Recent server upgrade/server issues.

Started by Dobby, July 28, 2013, 22:32

Do you like the server the way it is now?

Yes
20 (33.9%)
No
18 (30.5%)
Unsure
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 04, 2013, 22:32

Dobby

Quote from: Madeon on July 30, 2013, 15:07
Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 30, 2013, 14:46
Quote from: Madeon on July 30, 2013, 14:41
I voted: Unsure
The reason i did this is because the gamemode is done for me, i got all stuff i wanted to reach.
But what keeps me coming online are the people, if convoytrucking was a black screen with this chat.
then i would still enter it lol.
specially when rafe dobby etc are online, that's why i love ct.

Things really need some change,
Mick is busy irl, hopefully he can find someone to take over the CT job.
And if we ever get someone that can also make new scripts maybe 3 new /work jobs would be great.

But these are only wishes. We all have summer now so most of us are now active.
I'm not sure what happends when school starts again.
But anyways as long as ct lives, we can have some fun. :)

I'd like to see a "fire engine" job. Seeing as there's public fire engines, and its possible to do so. But we can't suggest jobs. Or anything for that matter. Possibly a new class, "Sailor" or something along them lines, possibly tie it in with chauffer class. "Bring tourists from Basyside marina to Las Venturas dock" or something.

Mission cars:
-firetruck
-ambulance
-all kind off boats aren't used yet
-tractor xD
-mower
-baggage truck :D

pretty much funny things are still not added haha :)

we can post it here since this whole topic turned into a dream list topic? :D

Im thinking in my head. They're all possible too. With a bit of tweaking/copying/pasting, mick could probably create the missions. I say copying and pasting because he could probably rename enums & stocks he currently has inside the GM. I'm almost tempted to script it for him.

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Hobo

Quote from: TheGame on July 30, 2013, 13:05
I totally dont agree with you guys..
I never saw a player start raging at me when I couldnt help him out.
You just have to answer in a kind way and they accept it and they say "np" and you shouldnt say that they have to shut up when they are raging on you.
As I have stated in my last reply here: the attitude from some staff members is wrong if they dont even want to help someone out just because you dont like him .. Live with it.. You are the mod and you have to show the right behaviour. Sometimes you have to work together with a guy you dont like.. That is also in real life.
If you cant deal with that, why you applied for mod then?
Mods have to work with every player, even if you dont like him.
If they keep insulting you, collect proof and punish him, problem solved.
Same situation for the normal player: if a staff member is busy with something, just wait till he has time. Dont like waiting? Then dont ask for help and try it yourself. Also you can post it on forum and explain the problem, so we can still help you out.
Keep in mind: staff members are also just humans, they cant fly or duplicate theirself .. Sometimes you have to be patience.
This is my opinion and you may (not) support it.
You're not even that active, and I'm not talking about right now, given you're on vacation. You weren't that active when I was admin either.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Matias

100 Slots are not really needed now, people recognized server went from 100 to 50 slots and gave up trying to join. Now that its at 100 slots back, not everyone saw it, noticed yet. I think that if you decrease it to 70 - 84 it will be better as the peak i recently saw is about 60 players, and when you notice the server is running out of slots then you increase it back to 100, just like you did in the past mick :D

SuperGoof

You just have to answer in a kind way and they accept it and they say "np" and you shouldnt say that they have to shut up when they are raging on you.
As I have stated in my last reply here: the attitude from some staff members is wrong if they dont even want to help someone out just because you dont like him .. Live with it.. You are the mod and you have to show the right behaviour. Sometimes you have to work together with a guy you dont like.. That is also in real life.
Same situation for the normal player: if a staff member is busy with something, just wait till he has time. Dont like waiting? Then dont ask for help and try it yourself. Also you can post it on forum and explain the problem, so we can still help you out.
Keep in mind: staff members are also just humans, they cant fly or duplicate theirself .. Sometimes you have to be patience.

Haha,

start with yourself.

Dobby

Quote from: SuperGoof on July 30, 2013, 18:43

Haha,

start with yourself.

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 28, 2013, 22:32
No flaming, and keep it clean.

Please, stop.
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Terrorista310

I never saw a player start raging at me when I couldnt help him out. maybe because you never ignored/trashed other players, so you never got raged
You just have to answer in a kind way and they accept it and they say "np" and you shouldnt say that they have to shut up when they are raging on you. be nice and players will be nice for you
If you cant deal with that, why you applied for mod then? <- this right here, why player applied for mod and dont help players?
If they keep insulting you, collect proof and punish him, problem solved. true if not provoked or help refused (players have the right to rage when staff wont help them or even make it worse)

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Dobby

Quote from: Terrorista310 on July 30, 2013, 19:08
I never saw a player start raging at me when I couldnt help him out. maybe because you never ignored/trashed other players, so you never got raged
You just have to answer in a kind way and they accept it and they say "np" and you shouldnt say that they have to shut up when they are raging on you. be nice and players will be nice for you
If you cant deal with that, why you applied for mod then? <- this right here, why player applied for mod and dont help players?
If they keep insulting you, collect proof and punish him, problem solved. true if not provoked or help refused (players have the right to rage when staff wont help them or even make it worse)

To a certain degree terror. You have every right to be annoyed. But don't go over the top.

There's plenty of players with mod potention (from my POV). Unfortunately, there's only like 5 active moderators out of like what? 20?

Spekter

I've been able to notice a slight improvement in overall server stability (less lag spikes mainly) when there are up to 60 players online. Also, chat lag can occur but that doesn't happen very often.
So far, so good.

Terrorista310

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 30, 2013, 19:12
Quote from: Terrorista310 on July 30, 2013, 19:08

To a certain degree terror. You have every right to be annoyed. But don't go over the top.

There's plenty of players with mod potention (from my POV). Unfortunately, there's only like 5 active moderators out of like what? 20?

true, we need good, friendly mods, not players who never got a warning and kiss staff ass.

Dobby

Quote from: Sveki on July 30, 2013, 19:18

I've been able to notice a slight improvement in overall server stability (less lag spikes mainly) when there are up to 60 players online. Also, chat lag can occur but that doesn't happen very often.
So far, so good.

Choo choo train :o

We've been more or less on topic. Thus, why i've changed the topic title. Its to address the server issues all in one go, insted of 1337 topics about the same thing. Fortunately, TheSandman and Ethan have been nice enough to let us discuss it.

@Terror. I've never got a warning. What are you suggesting? The people that get warnings deserve them. Me, yes i say what's on my mind. But i usually make sure its correct and following rules before i hit the enter key.

Terrorista310

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 30, 2013, 19:21

@Terror. I've never got a warning. What are you suggesting? The people that get warnings deserve them. Me, yes i say what's on my mind. But i usually make sure its correct and following rules before i hit the enter key.

i was talking about some players in the past, since i'm not ig now i cant see who kiss ass or gets warned

Hobo

Quote from: Terrorista310 on July 30, 2013, 19:27

i was talking about some players in the past, since i'm not ig now i cant see who kiss ass or gets warned
You kiss(ed) Konali's ass and you got warned, a lot. So, you're both.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Terrorista310

Dobby

Maybe if you kept it down low, and followed what i said above. You'll be back in game, and hopefully to a better server.

@Everyone else. Mick's active on the forum so hopefully, he's going to let us discuss this maturely. Plus, hopefully he's taking notes, and considering what we're discussing. :)

@Hobo. Leave ass kissing out of it pls. Or i wont #FreeHobo ;) i've been tempted to shout out ass kissers. But i don't.

Terrorista310

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 30, 2013, 19:32

Maybe if you kept it down low, and followed what i said above. You'll be back in game, and hopefully to a better server.

i would be ig xD but not to a better server xD