Recent server upgrade/server issues.

Started by Dobby, July 28, 2013, 22:32

Do you like the server the way it is now?

Yes
20 (33.9%)
No
18 (30.5%)
Unsure
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 04, 2013, 22:32

Boy

Quote from: Shake on July 30, 2013, 12:46
That's why I wouldn't like being a mod. Tbh, I'd love to help people. But why do it if 90% of them would just rage at you because they suck at driving and then reversing to attach the trailer? You lose your own mission to help them, but they still rage.

People are selfish and they don't thank the others for helping you when they can, if they can. It just makes me sad watching mods/admins helping some players and just watching players rage like fuck because mods aren't perfect. Fuckin' hell, I just wish they grew up and understand they were there to help you, not to fuck it up more and they shouldn't rage.
Thank you Shake for being on of those perfect friendly funny players we got :DD

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Shake

Quote from: Madeon on July 30, 2013, 12:57
That's why I wouldn't like being a mod. Tbh, I'd love to help people. But why do it if 90% of them would just rage at you because they suck at driving and then reversing to attach the trailer? You lose your own mission to help them, but they still rage.

People are selfish and they don't thank the others for helping you when they can, if they can. It just makes me sad watching mods/admins helping some players and just watching players rage like fuck because mods aren't perfect. Fuckin' hell, I just wish they grew up and understand they were there to help you, not to fuck it up more and they shouldn't rage.
Meh, no need to say thanks. Glad I'm one of those instead of being a rager.

Boy

Quote from: Shake on July 30, 2013, 12:59
Quote from: Madeon on July 30, 2013, 12:57

Meh, no need to say thanks. Glad I'm one of those instead of being a rager.
I can make a list of 100+ players like you who are helpfully friendly and never mad.

Too bad for admins are the 10 people who waste all the fun for others, by spamming Romanian insults etc.
That's why we need to don't forget all the good awesome players we also have. :)

The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

TheGame

I totally dont agree with you guys..
I never saw a player start raging at me when I couldnt help him out.
You just have to answer in a kind way and they accept it and they say "np" and you shouldnt say that they have to shut up when they are raging on you.
As I have stated in my last reply here: the attitude from some staff members is wrong if they dont even want to help someone out just because you dont like him .. Live with it.. You are the mod and you have to show the right behaviour. Sometimes you have to work together with a guy you dont like.. That is also in real life.
If you cant deal with that, why you applied for mod then?
Mods have to work with every player, even if you dont like him.
If they keep insulting you, collect proof and punish him, problem solved.
Same situation for the normal player: if a staff member is busy with something, just wait till he has time. Dont like waiting? Then dont ask for help and try it yourself. Also you can post it on forum and explain the problem, so we can still help you out.
Keep in mind: staff members are also just humans, they cant fly or duplicate theirself .. Sometimes you have to be patience.
This is my opinion and you may (not) support it.

Bruno_2MLG4CT

I am not putting a name but yesterday there was a BIG crash in low land island. I helped, 2/3 lost their mission but they all said thanks. It made me like ":o they said thanks even thought they lost mission, it's rare" but yes really happened and I am glad these guys still play here :D

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

TheSandman

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 29, 2013, 21:19
Quote from: TheSandman on July 29, 2013, 15:20
Admins arent as important ingame as they are on the forums, hence why there is only 4 of us lol. Theres less chance of seeing us.

I do hope you're not suggesting that admins are allowed less in game time?.
Nah its not that. Like when Joshy left CT the first time, doing reports and stuff, just makes you not want to go right when you finish.

It is a good feeling when you help someone, even if they fail, when they say thanks and/or no problem. Some faith in players restored.
A staff cleanup would be nice, after becoming staff, the feeling dies after 6 or so months. Some make the effort to keep themselves going, others can barely hold it, no names, but its fairly easy to tell.
You have to be lenient to people who are on holidays/school stuff etc, its real life, and real life is waaaaay more important than being a staff member on a gaming server.

This got way off topic from the "recent server upgrade" lol.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Dobby

Quote from: TheSandman on July 30, 2013, 13:23
Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 29, 2013, 21:19
Quote from: TheSandman on July 29, 2013, 15:20
Admins arent as important ingame as they are on the forums, hence why there is only 4 of us lol. Theres less chance of seeing us.

I do hope you're not suggesting that admins are allowed less in game time?.
Nah its not that. Like when Joshy left CT the first time, doing reports and stuff, just makes you not want to go right when you finish.
It is a good feeling when you help someone, even if they fail, when they say thanks and/or no problem. Some faith in players restored.
A staff cleanup would be nice, after becoming staff, the feeling dies after 6 or so months. Some make the effort to keep themselves going, others can barely hold it, no names, but its fairly easy to tell.
You have to be lenient to people who are on holidays/school stuff etc, its real life, and real life is waaaaay more important than being a staff member on a gaming server.
This got way off topic from the "recent server upgrade" lol.

I know what you mean. I get bored sometimes, so i check out stats of admins/mods :P just to be jelly.

I'll change the topic title since we're talking about all server related issues. I seem to be the only one thats come forward with my issues instead of raging in main chat about it.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Shake

I'd also appreciate that the people who voted posted the arguments for their decision. But seems like most of them don't do it.

Dobby

Quote from: Shake on July 30, 2013, 13:28
I'd also appreciate that the people who voted posted the arguments for their decision. But seems like most of them don't do it.

Total Members Voted: 46

Yup. We have us some people that are quiet. They could at least say why they voted. Im sure it says it in the OP  ???
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

TheGame

My opinion doesnt even matter.. Showed it twice.. None replied.. :p

Dobby

Quote from: TheGame on July 30, 2013, 14:18
My opinion doesnt even matter.. Showed it twice.. None replied.. :p

I've read it :)

Boy

I voted: Unsure
The reason i did this is because the gamemode is done for me, i got all stuff i wanted to reach.
But what keeps me coming online are the people, if convoytrucking was a black screen with this chat.
then i would still enter it lol.
specially when rafe dobby etc are online, that's why i love ct.

Things really need some change,
Mick is busy irl, hopefully he can find someone to take over the CT job.
And if we ever get someone that can also make new scripts maybe 3 new /work jobs would be great.

But these are only wishes. We all have summer now so most of us are now active.
I'm not sure what happends when school starts again.
But anyways as long as ct lives, we can have some fun. :)

Dobby

Quote from: Madeon on July 30, 2013, 14:41
The reason i did this is because the gamemode is done for me, i got all stuff i wanted to reach.
But what keeps me coming online are the people, if convoytrucking was a black screen with this chat.

And if we ever get someone that can also make new scripts maybe 3 new /work jobs would be great.

I'd like to see a "fire engine" job. Seeing as there's public fire engines, and its possible to do so. But we can't suggest jobs. Or anything for that matter. Possibly a new class, "Sailor" or something along them lines, possibly tie it in with chauffer class. "Bring tourists from Basyside marina to Las Venturas dock" or something.

Boy

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 30, 2013, 14:46
Quote from: Madeon on July 30, 2013, 14:41

I'd like to see a "fire engine" job. Seeing as there's public fire engines, and its possible to do so. But we can't suggest jobs. Or anything for that matter. Possibly a new class, "Sailor" or something along them lines, possibly tie it in with chauffer class. "Bring tourists from Basyside marina to Las Venturas dock" or something.

Mission cars:
-firetruck
-ambulance
-all kind off boats aren't used yet
-tractor xD
-mower
-baggage truck :D

pretty much funny things are still not added haha :)

we can post it here since this whole topic turned into a dream list topic? :D

Cobus

Quote from: Madeon on July 30, 2013, 15:07
Mission cars:
-firetruck
-ambulance
-all kind off boats aren't used yet
-tractor xD
-mower
-baggage truck :D

pretty much funny things are still not added haha :)

we can post it here since this whole topic turned into a dream list topic? :D
And also pizza delivery :P

QuoteDr_dog [26 Sep 13:28]:   What happens in your account.. is your responsibility.. Even if your cow/cat/mouse/horse/dog/frog/hamster/shark/whale/sharkwhaledogcatsheep/zombie/mother/dad/grandma/grandpa cheated.. its your ass