[How-To] Exporting mods in ZModeler

Started by Rubber, June 26, 2013, 18:24

Rubber

Exporting mods is easier than importing them. Follow the steps below and you should not have a problem.

1. You should always save your ZModeler work before you export, just in case something goes wrong. I have multiple saves of each mod I import. Every time I make a major adjustment on the mod, I save the file with a descriptive name so I can remember what it is later. For example, after I attach a muffler, I might name the file 'afterattachmuffler'. Anyway, to save the file, just lick on 'File' and 'Save as'. Be sure to use 'Save as' so you can save it as a different name each time you save it.

2. Now that you have your file saved, click on the 'Export model' button. You will get a window like this:

Be sure to check that all the options are the same as in the screenshot, particularly the 'Preferable textures: TGA' and 'DFF Version: San Andreas'.

Also, this is important: THE NAME OF THE DFF FILE YOU ARE EXPORTING MUST MATCH THE NAME ON THE FIRST LINE ON THE MODEL TREE!!!!!
For example, if i was editing the bobcat.dff, I would export it EXACTLY as 'bobcat.dff'. This is the number one leading mistake of new modders. If your mod doesn't work when you go in-game, check this first.