News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

GPU problem

Started by SuperGoof, June 22, 2013, 19:21

SuperGoof

shit, i cant make a picture but there nohing to see....

BTW i have PCI express 2.0

Matias

Quote from: SuperGoof on June 22, 2013, 20:06

I just wanted to see if it had a pcie slot or not, as i cant find any pic of how it looks like.

Calvingreen17.

Idk dude black screen sounds like a memory issue but if you were able to play before this graphics issue, push it aside.

If it's black screen even before you hit the desktop, sounds like a faulty graphics card. Otherwise, take out the graphics card, and push it back in using more pressure (to make sure it's in good).

This may not be the help you're looking for but it's better than "bad graphics card, return and get another."

Older and wiser

SuperGoof

Quote from: Matias. on June 22, 2013, 20:07
Quote from: SuperGoof on June 22, 2013, 20:06

I just wanted to see if it had a pcie slot or not, as i cant find any pic of how it looks like.

i just checked PC wizard, i have a PCI express 2.0 slot

Dr_dog

Take the card out. Inspect it carefully for any bulging or leaking capacitors. Does it smell burned? Does the PCIe port look normal? Does capacitors and components around the PCIe port look normal? It could be motherboard not detecting the card in it or port failture due to some component frying.

Try different graphic card if you have any

Bios update is last thing you want to do. And if something happens to the machine while its updating. Its all over, update is screwed, motherboard is fucked up due to incomplete bios update. No way back unless you got something like dual bios or ability to flash it over from USB.

No video on screen can hint to ram fail too.. (Personal experience, checked everything else before RAM. Same issue, no video; Was the RAM) BIOS runs a POST before continuing anywhere. It first tests CPU, if pass: continue, then memory, If fail: it halts there and dosent continue.
Try taking out your RAM and leaving 1 stick in. Try to boot, if dosent work, move that stick to another channel. If dosent work, continue untill you checked every port with the same stick. Then move on to another stick and test all memory channels again. (Memtest86 can help too if you manage to get video so you can do deeper test on your RAM.

Is your Graphic card PCIe 2.0 or 3.0? Does your CPU support the GPU?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Batman[UK]

that mobo is quite old and not designed for that kind of GPU

SuperGoof

Quote from: Dr_dog on June 22, 2013, 20:11
Take the card out. Inspect it carefully for any bulging or leaking capacitors. Does it smell burned? Does the PCIe port look normal? Does capacitors and components around the PCIe port look normal? It could be motherboard not detecting the card in it or port failture due to some component frying.

Try different graphic card if you have any

Bios update is last thing you want to do. And if something happens to the machine while its updating. Its all over, update is screwed, motherboard is fucked up due to incomplete bios update. No way back unless you got something like dual bios or ability to flash it over from USB.

No video on screen can hint to ram fail too.. (Personal experience, checked everything else before RAM. Same issue, no video; Was the RAM) BIOS runs a POST before continuing anywhere. It first tests CPU, if pass: continue, then memory, If fail: it halts there and dosent continue.
Try taking out your RAM and leaving 1 stick in. Try to boot, if dosent work, move that stick to another channel. If dosent work, continue untill you checked every port with the same stick. Then move on to another stick and test all memory channels again. (Memtest86 can help too if you manage to get video so you can do deeper test on your RAM.

Is your Graphic card PCIe 2.0 or 3.0? Does your CPU support the GPU?

Im not sure if the CPU support the GPU, i hope thats the problem cuz im going to buy an i7 in the next few weeks

i got the FX-8120 atm

Matias

Quote from: SuperGoof on June 22, 2013, 20:15
Im not sure if the CPU support the GPU, i hope thats the problem cuz im going to buy an i7 in the next few weeks

i got the FX-8120 atm

So you will need to change your motherboard. Its an AM3+ slot, it doesnt support Intel processors, only the AMD ones.

SuperGoof

Quote from: Matias. on June 22, 2013, 20:16
Quote from: SuperGoof on June 22, 2013, 20:15

i got the FX-8120 atm

So you will need to change your motherboard. Its an AM3+ slot, it doesnt support Intel processors, only the AMD ones.

I know, im saving for a new custom build computer, already know what im going to buy.
The GPU whas on sale so i bought it earlier with the intention to try it ^^

Joshy

Does it still work with the old GPU?

Have you connected the power supply cable from PSU to your GPU? There should be 2 convertors in the box with your GPU.

Check the top of the GPU for the 2 connectors for power supply.

Also, make sure BIOS is updated. (Do this whilst using old GPU to make sure nothing goes wrong)
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

SuperGoof

Quote from: Joshy on June 22, 2013, 20:21
Does it still work with the old GPU?

Have you connected the power supply cable from PSU to your GPU? There should be 2 convertors in the box with your GPU.

Check the top of the GPU for the 2 connectors for power supply.

Also, make sure BIOS is updated. (Do this whilst using old GPU to make sure nothing goes wrong)

everything is connected the way it should be.
Tommorow i will go to a friend and c if the GPU works on his
than i will update the bios