Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

GPU problem

Started by SuperGoof, June 22, 2013, 19:21

SuperGoof

Hi all,

I recently bought the EVGA 660 Ti SC.
but when i plug it in my PC, my screen stays black.
The ventilator is spinning, the PSU is 600Watt (should be enough).
I hope someone can help me fix this problem.

~SuperGoof~

Matias

Dumb question but... did you plug your monitor to the videocard exit? xD
Did you install the drivers?
Did you check if you have to enable the video in the BIOS settings?
There can be millions problems.

TheSandman

Look on your motherboard settings for like, default graphics or something. Did you also plug it into the correct PCIe slot? If youre only using one card, sometimes there is a slot that connects directly to the CPU.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

SuperGoof

yes... i plugged it in....

i cant install drivers cuz i got a black screen...
and i only have one GPU slot so i cant plug it in the wrong one

Matias

Did you check if theres a setting to choose which videocard you want to display in the BIOS settings?
Plug your monitor to your onboard video, when its turning on press the BIOS setting key, you gotta be fast before it loads windows.

SuperGoof

Quote from: Matias. on June 22, 2013, 19:31
Did you check if theres a setting to choose which videocard you want to display in the BIOS settings?
Plug your monitor to your onboard video, when its turning on press the BIOS setting key, you gotta be fast before it loads windows.

sadly... i dont have an onboard video
my mobo is Medion MS-7741

Matias

Does the videocard have a cooler?
Does it starts when your PC turns on? That way you can know if atleast its not the videocard the one causing the problems.
Did you check if you plugged it correctly? Sometimes it may look like plugged correctly but it may be out of the slot for few mm. Push it till you cant anymore, try to dont break the motherboard :P

SuperGoof

Quote from: Matias. on June 22, 2013, 19:35
Does the videocard have a cooler?
Does it starts when your PC turns on? That way you can know if atleast its not the videocard the one causing the problems.
Did you check if you plugged it correctly? Sometimes it may look like plugged correctly but it may be out of the slot for few mm. Push it till you cant anymore, try to dont break the motherboard :P

yh the cooler is spinning

Ethan

Quote from: SuperGoof on June 22, 2013, 19:32

every computer has onboard video.. how were you playing before you installed your card???  and if you install the card correctly and plug the monitor into the new card, there should be no black screen unless you put it in the wrong slot or got the wrong card for wrong board type like you bought a PCI-ex8 and needed a PCI-e x16 or something

Costel

i had the same problem with my gt forces 620 it was because of windows , had a xf now i've a 7

Matias

Quote from: Ethan on June 22, 2013, 19:36
Quote from: SuperGoof on June 22, 2013, 19:32
every computer has onboard video.. how were you playing before you installed your card???  and if you install the card correctly and plug the monitor into the new card, there should be no black screen unless you put it in the wrong slot or got the wrong card for wrong board type like you bought a PCI-ex8 and needed a PCI-e x16 or something
Not all motherboards has onboard videocard. Some of actual ones doesnt have onboard video, you gotta buy a videocard at the same time you get it.

Matias

Is your motherboard new? Did you try to update the BIOS?
I got this from a webpage. It would be nice if you can try to do it, and tell us if now your motherboard can read it.

Btw if you dont understand what to do, or what you are doing, then dont try this because you can fuck up your motherboard updating the bios. Get someone that understands about this to do it. :D

1. Go to your motherboard manufacturers website and go to their support page.

2. Find or search for your motherboard model.

3. Download the LATEST BIOS for your motherboard.

4. This will differ depending on how the BIOS is on every motherboard. Some BIOSs can update through the UEFI (Graphical BIOS) or through the use of a flash program such as AWDFLASH. Read in your manual about how to update your BIOS.

5. This part is VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT EVER SHUT DOWN THE PC WHILE THE BIOS IS BEING UPDATED. If you do, it will "brick" the board and render is useless and inoperable.

6. Once the update is complete, you computer may or may not restart on it's own. Again, read up on it in your manual or on the manufacturers website.

7. You will need to set your BIOS back to default, and any overclock settings or boot order as well.

Twido

ehh, did you check the pci express slots? you have maybe 1 but maybe your motherboard doesn't support that kind of graphic cards

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Matias

I tried to google it but i got no results, just this page:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1434028

Where it says it uses AMD Fx-8100 and has a socket AM3+ which makes me think its a new motherboard. His videocard uses PCIe 3.0 slot, maybe his motherboard has atleast PCIe 2.0 which is the same and should work.
It would be helpful if you can post a pic of your motherboard goof

SuperGoof

the PCI slots looks the same, both GPUs has the same amount of pins and looks axactly the same

i can make a picture but its a complete mess inside cuz of all the wirerring ^^