Evicted time

Started by sorin, May 04, 2013, 13:45

Hobo

Quote from: TheSandman on May 04, 2013, 17:00
Quote from: Joshy on May 04, 2013, 16:47
[hide=Joshys epic suggestion]
There needs to be better ways to find and catch inactive players. The system right now is auto-evict after 60 days of inactivity but what about those who log in every 59 days? At the moment admins rely on the community to post in the topic "inactive players" in the report players board but they can't evict many because only a handful of people are actually reported (even though many people do it) and even when you get many people reported, you need to monitor them for at least 60 days and then have to decide if it's fair to evict them or not. Admins don't have anything but raw logs, a log searcher (by Mick) and a watchlist I made them many months ago.

Mick needs to script some sort of house hogging detection system, let's say if no missions have been done in the last 60 days and they still have a house, send a request to the watchlist to add them or add them to some sort of list. The LASTUPDATED field in the players table wouldn't cut this mainly because it seems to update whenever the player record is modified. There will need to be a new field like LASTMISSION which only gets updated when a player does a mission or arrests a player etc. And then make a script which tests if ( player.lastMission >= 60 days ago && player.hasHouse ) addToWatchlist();. People will surely learn about this and will do a mission every 59 days but if the mission threshold was decreased to let's say... 30 days the watchlist will watch them and it will be obvious if they logged in and did a mission just to keep their house.

This is what I mean by obvious by the way:

[/hide]
But you would be able to add specific exceptions, like Mick for example.
Add an exception for either specific players or if their mod level is > 2. Something like that.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Joshy

There needs to be better ways to find and catch inactive players. The system right now is auto-evict after 60 days of inactivity but what about those who log in every 59 days? At the moment admins rely on the community to post in the topic "inactive players" in the report players board but they can't evict many because only a handful of people are actually reported (even though many people do it) and even when you get many people reported, you need to monitor them for at least 60 days and then have to decide if it's fair to evict them or not. Admins don't have anything but raw logs, a log searcher (by Mick) and a watchlist I made them many months ago.

Mick needs to script some sort of house hogging detection system, let's say if no missions have been done in the last 60 days and they still have a house, send a request to the watchlist to add them or add them to some sort of list. The LASTUPDATED field in the players table wouldn't cut this mainly because it seems to update whenever the player record is modified. There will need to be a new field like LASTMISSION which only gets updated when a player does a mission or arrests a player etc. And then make a script which tests if ( player.lastMission >= 60 days ago && player.hasHouse ) addToWatchlist();. People will surely learn about this and will do a mission every 59 days but if the mission threshold was decreased to let's say... 30 days the watchlist will watch them and it will be obvious if they logged in and did a mission just to keep their house.

[/hide]
Not really... in the watchlist you can add a player along with a comment to go with that player  (generally it's used for "added by Joshy" etc). If they are inactive for a good reason you could change their comment to say that so all admins who use the watchlist will know (I'll need to script a comment edit thing which will take a few minutes at max). The ultimate decider if that players gets evicted is admins so nothing will be automatically done without human verification.

I don't really mind if hundreds of players end up on the watchlist, I got a lot of free space. In fact the current database has 51 players being logged with 15,304 watchlist records and it's using up about 0.66MB. And that's taking a record every 12 hours which is more than sufficient.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Vinny

Quote from: The Hobo on May 04, 2013, 17:09

[/hide]
Add an exception for either specific players or if their mod level is > 2. Something like that.
Why would moderators be an exception ?
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Hobo

Quote from: Vinny on May 04, 2013, 17:31

[/hide]
Greater than level 2 is admins.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Vinny

Quote from: The Hobo on May 04, 2013, 17:33

[/hide]
Still ... Admins are meant to be active, i don't see why their house shouldn't be sold if they don't play.
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Konali

the 60 days rule applies to everyone, mods and non mods.
Besides if there would be a mod that wa snot active for 60 days , i fucked up hard as admin in that case xD
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Marccc

Its pointless to change the amount of days, now people log in for some minutes every 60 days.
If you change it to 40 days they come some minutes online every 40 days.
If you change it to 30 days they come some minutes online every 30 days.
Etc... etc... etc...

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

Benny

Quote from: The Hobo on May 04, 2013, 17:33

[/hide]
Level 2 is Full Moderator
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Terrorista310

Hell no, you get banned 30 days and you gonna loose your house and cars, 60 days is enough.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Ethan

considering the fact that we lost logs for the days the server was down and now the new one. we have to wait some time to get everything formulated again, so... 30 days, 45 days, whatever it may be now, we have to wait and gather more info.

Supreme

No, -1, I went 31 days on holiday last year and this year also 29-30-31 days
And I don't want to get evicted.

sardarji

Do 30 days if u have any problem or going on vacation. Inform admins not to evict u. It will evict players which r inactive and come online just to save their house.

Ethan

Quote from: sardarji on May 04, 2013, 21:08
Do 30 days if u have any problem or going on vacation. Inform admins not to evict u. It will evict players which r inactive and come online just to save their house.

the script would automatically evict if it was set to 30 days, there is no informing admins... if you would go on vacation or something happened for longer than 30 days (if done) Mick would have to change the thing in the database, and he wont since he doesnt do anything related to the server anymore

thojas

Quote from: Sorin. on May 04, 2013, 13:45
60 days to evict a user from his house , it's alot.Why? Because , nowdays a lot of players with big houses they log in only for the house do 1-2 mission and then /q , they "quited" Convoy , because theyr acctivity is little.
So , i propose , the eviction time to be decrase at 30 days.
Please tell me your opinin , if this isn't a good opinion (please tell why).
[hide=a P.S]Sorry for my english , i hope you understood what i mean.[/hide]
-1 some people dont have much time to play cvt and 60 days is just good :)

Boy

Quote from: thojas on May 06, 2013, 09:07
Quote from: Sorin. on May 04, 2013, 13:45
60 days to evict a user from his house , it's alot.Why? Because , nowdays a lot of players with big houses they log in only for the house do 1-2 mission and then /q , they "quited" Convoy , because theyr acctivity is little.
So , i propose , the eviction time to be decrase at 30 days.
Please tell me your opinin , if this isn't a good opinion (please tell why).
[hide=a P.S]Sorry for my english , i hope you understood what i mean.[/hide]
-1 some people dont have much time to play cvt and 60 days is just good :)

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)