News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Rat Race

Started by [IT]Vercingetorige, April 04, 2013, 15:27

[IT]Vercingetorige

this idea is based on the Film "Rat Race" in which a number of people recieve a key that open a particular box containing 1 milion dollar, the first who arrive using every vehicle is the winner.

i would like to propose a server version of this game:
The race strarts in a desert/inhabited place where there are no vehicle and all partecipants have to be on foot at the start, after the race start you could take every vehicle except planes (are allowed helicopters, bikes, cars, trucks, vans, boats, etc.) and follow every route you like, the first at the end-checkpoint will win and get the prize*. The end-checkpoint will not be on island, it will be reachable by car

There are only 2 rules:
- NO planes
- NO /reclass to spawn near end-checkpoint

*only the first will win and the prize is 200.000$ if no fee is introduced, if u want better prize we could introduce an entrance tax of 10.000$ and introduce prizes for 2nd and 3rd places or improve the 1st prize.

before fixing the event i want to know if u like the idea or not.
if u like that idea or u have some modification  let me know commenting this post, if there are more than 5 partecipants i will organize the event.

sorry for bad english,

Panzer

I like this, I think it will be funny  8)

Supra

Are you allowed to use bike to find a car in the beginning?

And wouldnt helicopter be way faster anyway, making it really boring?

Matias

Helicopter would be more faster than cars and take shortcuts where cars cant. I would like to suggest to remove helicopter from allowed vehicles. Only land vehicles allowed. Oh and no BMX bike or dinghy.

sardarji

Quote from: Matias. on April 04, 2013, 18:31
Helicopter would be more faster than cars and take shortcuts where cars cant. I would like to suggest to remove helicopter from allowed vehicles. Only land vehicles allowed. Oh and no BMX bike or dinghy.
I agree with u :)

[IT]Vercingetorige

ok, we could exclude flying vehicle at all and everything is usable with /items, in this way you could use only land vehicle and water vehicle (except for dinghy)

Dynamo

i really like this but it should also have certain rules regarding the vehicles. I can see some people bringing their super cars and parking them near the start point so they have quick access to a vehicle. Maybe you could make a rule of a designated parking area a good distance away from starting area for personal vehicles (ie if starting point is Verdan meadows abandoned airstrip, then parking area should be area 69). Just to make it fair for everyone.

X_Raided

sounds like a good event but dynamo makes a point. people will just park there super cars close by

trying to see from admans point of veiw

Matias

Quote from: Dynamo on April 05, 2013, 03:59
i really like this but it should also have certain rules regarding the vehicles. I can see some people bringing their super cars and parking them near the start point so they have quick access to a vehicle. Maybe you could make a rule of a designated parking area a good distance away from starting area for personal vehicles (ie if starting point is Verdan meadows abandoned airstrip, then parking area should be area 69). Just to make it fair for everyone.

Quote from: X_Raided on April 05, 2013, 04:24
sounds like a good event but dynamo makes a point. people will just park there super cars close by

Then you can exclude owned cars from the race. And players can only use the cars that spawns by default. That way it will be much more fair.

[IT]Vercingetorige

Exactly i was thinking about that yesterday, no owned vehicle and the start point is secret, this mean we meet at a specified point and i trasport you to the start..... In this way u could not use your vehicles and could not get spawned vehicles near the start .... What about that?

Summcheck:
- no flying vehicle
- no owned vehicle (could use only server vehicles)
- no /items usable (no dinghy, no bmx)
- you have to drive all time (could not be passenger, have to be driver)
- /reclass or /kill or die and get closer to the end-point is not admitted

Let me know if u agree this solutions and if u want to partecipate by replying this post

Organization Note: Everyone is admitted to partecipate but i have to transport you with a coach if we are more than five, and 2 coah are needed if we are more than 8, i think that 2 coah are enought, me and one of the partecipants will drive 2 coach from the meet-point to the start of the race, those coach will be throwed into water so no one could use them....

Edit 06 apr 2013 12:30 gtm+1

Only the first will win, the prize is increased to 500.000$

Edit 07 apr 2013 15:56 gtm+1

ngula

I like this race!!!!!!!!!

TheSandman

25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

[IT]Vercingetorige

the date is fixed, the event will be done only if there are at least 15 partecipants.

Event:
It's a race, the first who arrive to the end-checkpoint win.
The race starts in a secret place where there are no vehicles and all players will start the race ON FOOT, after the race start you could take a vehicle (see vehicle exception list below) and follow every route you like, the first at the end-checkpoint will win and get the prize.

Rules:
- you have to drive all time (could not be passenger, have to be driver)
- /reclass or /kill or die and get closer to the end-point is not admitted

Vehicle Exception List:
- no flying vehicle
- no owned vehicle (could use only server vehicles)
- no /items usable (no dinghy, no bmx)

Notes:
- We will meet in the meet-place, from there u will be transported to the start-point
- The end-checkpoint will not be on island, it will be reachable by car

Meet-Place: (not the start-point)
- Area 69

Prize:
- 500.000$ (no entrance fee, for better prize 10.000$ entrance fee)

i need to have an idea about the number of partecipants so if you want to partecipate answer to this post (if the data is not good for 50% +1 of partecipants we will change it)

Dynamo

i might be able to make it depends on whether i am doing laundry that day or not either way i will only be there for filming of event.

SouthernCross

Pakcik Rembo Was Here ;]

My Facebook .

My Twitter .