Changes to club bases/new idea for club 'bases'

Started by Rockey, March 29, 2013, 13:20

Rockey

I noticed a help topic about a player who crashes around area's due to lag from all the vehicles. This happens at truck stops and club bases from what i've tested. Also club basese are an issue for many because there is few of them, they cost a bomb and take up a fair amount of room in the map.

Here is my sollution;

Club GARAGES

Club garages would be small inclosures/pen's with a gate/door that only club members can open as normal.
This saves space and makes it easy for more to be added.

Inside the clubs small inclosure you will need atleast enough space to spawn vehicles like a truck and trailer.
This means that there will not be lots of vehicles in one space, max of two would be spawned inside a garage at once.

The vehicles can be spawned from a menu like the ones used in shops.
When using this menu you will get two options, Club owned vehicles OR Password vehicles (Vehicles with passwords would be harder to code and add to the system but i thought i would add this too).
Club owned vehicles will be automaticlly shared into the garage.
Where as the password vehicles must be added manually by the owner, he/she simply drives to the garage and uses a command such as /garage park [vehicle name] [vehicle password] . (the password for the vehicle would need to be saved into a database)

Now, when a player uses the garage, they can select either club owned or player owned, once they have chosen that first option there would be a list of all vehicles linked to that section. They pick the vehicle they want, it would be spawned in the garage for them to use. IF they pick passworded vehicles, the password could be shown to the player in a popup such as those used to fine players while as a cop.
If the player leaves the vehicle for more than 5 minutes without use, it restores to the garage ready to be used again.

Also the concept for this idea would work in truck parks too!

Thanks for taking the time to read this as i have put alot into this suggestion.