Server Status (1 March '13)

Started by Hobo, February 20, 2013, 06:54

Hobo

Yes the server is down.
Volt-Host hasn't said why the server is down. Neither admins nor moderators know when the server will be back online.

Do not post help or complaint topics about it. They will be deleted.

Do not flood the shoutbox asking for the server to be "turned on". We can't magically turn it on.
Do not annoy staff about the server being offline. We want to play too.

An admin will be able to update this to provide more information. As of right now, the server has been down for at least 8 hours.

Be patient and enjoy some fresh air while we wait for the server to come back online.

* mick88 has opened a backup server at 198.24.160.66:9500

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Fuu, me want play, admin make the server good, me want play!!! :herpderp:

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Barney_Ross

Hey, Looks like many other servers is down too!  :o Becouse of this, website is down too?

TheSandman

An American got the date format correct :o
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

mick88

Quote from: voltThe host node is currently reachable with a local ping of 67ms. This issue is only affecting servers hosted on your IP address. This is probably due to a attack or network outage.

$nake

Quote from: voltThe host node is currently reachable with a local ping of 67ms. This issue is only affecting servers hosted on your IP address. This is probably due to a attack or network outage.
where is this DDoS protection they've promised to their users ? anyway I've checked and currently volt has 4 servers based in US, no other places..

OP

Quote from: $nake on February 20, 2013, 12:43
where is this DDoS protection they've promised to their users ? anyway I've checked and currently volt has 4 servers based in US, no other places..

WRONG my server with volt and is hosted in Kent(uk) and its up and running
OP= Overpowered

thojas

Do not flood the shoutbox asking for the server to be "turned on". We can't magically turn it on.

ITS possible to turn it on XD just step over to a other hosting company :D then you turn it magically on xD

Dobby

If Mick "stepped" over to a hosting company, he'd loose out on the money he payed to Volt, doesn't he pay in advance too?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

BobWho

For the server to be down this long the data center probably disabled the IP (Black-hole) to protect the rest of the servers on the box, this is not uncommon for them to do during a large DDOS attack to protect all customers on the box rather than risk many customers servers to help one. A black hole usually lasts 24 hours but can be shorter or longer depending on whether the DDOS is still going, The size of the DDOS, and whether or not they have found a way to block it in their hardware firewall (Some are pretty damn hard to block). What I am trying to say is that this is probably why the server is down at the moment so just be patient, Volt-Host is just doing their job to protect their customers as best as they can. After all you wouldn't want a random server on the box getting attacked and taking you guys and hundreds of other servers out with it right? This is why they do what they do, inconvenience one community to protect all the others they are hosting. Although many do not like this it can be the best solution to the problem.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that volt may not even know that an IP is black-holed because the tech's at the data-center can disable it at their own free will if they feel it is risking other servers on the box or any other boxes in the data-center as well. This is more common when servers are monitored to allow quick DDOS mitigation for minimal headache for the clients on the box.

Shake

Quote from: BobWho on February 20, 2013, 15:26
For the server to be down this long the data center probably disabled the IP (Black-hole) to protect the rest of the servers on the box, this is not uncommon for them to do during a large DDOS attack to protect all customers on the box rather than risk many customers servers to help one. A black hole usually lasts 24 hours but can be shorter or longer depending on whether the DDOS is still going, The size of the DDOS, and whether or not they have found a way to block it in their hardware firewall (Some are pretty damn hard to block). What I am trying to say is that this is probably why the server is down at the moment so just be patient, Volt-Host is just doing their job to protect their customers as best as they can. After all you wouldn't want a random server on the box getting attacked and taking you guys and hundreds of other servers out with it right? This is why they do what they do, inconvenience one community to protect all the others they are hosting. Although many do not like this it can be the best solution to the problem.

I don't mind the server being down, but then I think to myself... I've never ever seen a host get DDoS'ed so many times as Volt-Host.

BobWho

QuoteI don't mind the server being down, but then I think to myself... I've never ever seen a host get DDoS'ed so many times as Volt-Host.
For them to Black Hole an IP that means its that specific IP getting hit, the target would have to be the specific IP not the host. The host being targeted will often result in multiple nodes being hit off random IP's as well as their website. The people who target CVT can be banned people, other communities, and just people who hate the community or people in it.

DemonicPankake

This dude knows what he's talking about too.

Shake

Quote from: DemonicPankake on February 20, 2013, 20:04
This dude knows what he's talking about too.

At least he's not complaining :D Bob's epic.

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: BobWho on February 20, 2013, 15:26

EDIT: I forgot to mention that volt may not even know that an IP is black-holed because the tech's at the data-center can disable it at their own free will if they feel it is risking other servers on the box or any other boxes in the data-center as well. This is more common when servers are monitored to allow quick DDOS mitigation for minimal headache for the clients on the box.

You deserve a cookie.

Older and wiser