The formula car I'm working on

Started by Rubber, February 06, 2013, 00:27

RaceRX

Quote from: Rubber on April 04, 2013, 18:55
Quote from: Noah Blake on April 04, 2013, 08:07
are you having the camber tuned to average turn body roll? Or is your frame super rigit and not need much camber?

We have roughly 1.5 degrees of camber change over 3 degrees of body roll. We aren't expecting to get more than 2.5 degrees of body roll around a 1.5G turn (can't get more than 1.5G with the tires we have). Caster is about -6 degrees. Toe hasn't been adjusted yet. We only have 1 inch of jounce and 1 inch of rebound in suspension travel.

Nate, the average speed is about 50mph on the course. It is a lot of accelerating and decelerating. The fastest he achieved on the track was probably 80mph. As one of the requirements of the competition, all the engine air must be restricted through a 20mm restrictor plate. This basically dummies down the engine by 40%. Without the restrictor, our car would go 140mph+.
i hate restictions.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Rubber

Finally got the car driving for the first time. Here is a video of me driving it (click on the image to view). This isn't the full performance of the car because we have the throttle restricted to only open 1/2 way during testing. The slicks were also really wet so they didn't grip real well. Body removed for testing to make it easier to tune suspension/steering. It's pretty fun.

Dynamo

lol engine was so loud it set off a car alarm

Nice testing can't wait to see it on the track.

Rubber

Quote from: Dynamo on April 18, 2013, 05:02
lol engine was so loud it set off a car alarm

Nice testing can't wait to see it on the track.

Yeah, the video shows the engine with no muffler packing/baffles, so it's just a little loud (124 decibels to be exact, which is louder than front row at a concert).

TheSandman

Photobucket for videos is sooooooo god damn slow :-\

But that looks freaking epic mate :D
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Rubber

Quote from: TheSandman on April 18, 2013, 14:08
Photobucket for videos is sooooooo god damn slow :-\

But that looks freaking epic mate :D

I know sorry, I wanted to keep all the images/videos in one place. And thanks for the compliment!  :better_than_expected:

Rockey