[HELP]Need Computer Enthusiasts n stuff

Started by st0rm, January 29, 2013, 03:29

st0rm

For some reason,my other laptop refuses to install ANY operating system. No matter the operating system: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, it returns some kind of error! Though, using the same .iso files on my flash drive, I can install it on my primary computer. Da fuq? Anybody think they know the problem?

Ethan

the right place to ask something like this would be here as well as you could try here:
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/index.php

I know we have expert "techies" but it doesnt mean here is the best option :P

Matias

Did you check if its a hardware issue?
How are you using your flash drive? Use wintoflash to put windows files inside it and make it bootable to be installed when you turn on the PC. Search at internet, you can find some good tutorials about how to install using that.
There can be tons of possibilities about why your OS is not installing. Try to get a new ISO and install it into the flash drive using wintoflash.

st0rm

Quote from: Matias. on January 29, 2013, 03:33
How are you using your flash drive? Use wintoflash to put windows files inside it and make it bootable to be installed when you turn on the PC. Search at internet, you can find some good tutorials about how to install using that.
There can be tons of possibilities about why your OS is not installing. Try to get a new ISO and install it into the flash drive using wintoflash.

I used Windows 7 DVD/USB Download Tool, an official software made from Microsoft, to do it. Also, for some reason, my hard drive wont show up on the list when I have to select where to install the operating system. Da fuq? It takes so long to select what operating system you want, then you're gonna fail on me? :|

Quote from: Ethan on January 29, 2013, 03:33
the right place to ask something like this would be here as well as you could try here:
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/index.php

I know we have expert "techies" but it doesnt mean here is the best option :P

True.....you're right. Though could I still try? Cause I just luv CT <3 :P

Calvingreen17.

I fiddled around with your computer a bit, and what I discovered is, you may have failing RAM sticks and a failing hard drive. As your computer is SUPER slow and your hard drive goes undetected by BIOS alot.

Since I heard you screaming "WHERE DA FUQ IS MY LAPTOPPPIEEEEEEEE!???????" this morning, I took it and decided to do some work with it. Though I have school tomorrow, and you're gonna play sick so here's what I want you to do:

1. Get my Windows 8 installation drive.

2. Get to the command prompt via the installation.

3. First thing you want to type is "diskpart" which means disk partition.

4. Next you will use "list disk" to list all of the removable/non-removable storage devices.

5. Next you will use "select disk [hard drive disk number]"

6. You then will use "clean" to reset all of the hard drive's information.

7. The next thing you will do is "create partition primary" to make a partition on the hard drive.

8. The next thing you'll do is "active" to activate the partition.

9.  And the last thing you will do is "assign" to assign a letter drive to the hard drive.

Return to me if it works or if it doesnt.

Older and wiser

Matias

Quote from: xZoDusT on January 29, 2013, 03:36

I used Windows 7 DVD/USB Download Tool, an official software made from Microsoft, to do it. Also, for some reason, my hard drive wont show up on the list when I have to select where to install the operating system. Da fuq? It takes so long to select what operating system you want, then you're gonna fail on me? :|

Do this, it worked for me when i had to reinstall my OS on my notebook.
1- Get a working ISO somewhere at internet. Wont post the link since its piracy and this is not a piracy forum.
2- Get WinToFlash. You choose where the loaded ISO is (after you loaded it with DaemonTools) and then you gotta choose where your flashdrive is located. Almost most of the times its at F: D: E: just get sure where it's and that you are not selecting a PC location since the whole disk will get erased.
3- After all the Windows files got transfered take out the flashdrive and connect it at the PC where you want to install it.
4- Before shut it on you gotta move USB to be 1º one at startup priorities at your BIOS settings.
5- Turn on the PC and it will load the windows install screen, here you proceed as always.
6- It will restart and install the last files. After its done you can remove your flashdrive. Remove your flashdrive before if it asks you to do that.
7- Then you gotta install the drivers but thats another part of story :P

Hobo

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Unless you want to game. In that case, follow what Calvin and Matias said. If you don't care to game on that laptop use Ubuntu.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

st0rm

Quote from: Matias. on January 29, 2013, 03:42

1- Get a working ISO somewhere at internet. Wont post the link since its piracy and this is not a piracy forum.
2- Get WinToFlash. You choose where the loaded ISO is (after you loaded it with DaemonTools) and then you gotta choose where your flashdrive is located. Almost most of the times its at F: D: E: just get sure where it's and that you are not selecting a PC location since the whole disk will get erased.
3- After all the Windows files got transfered take out the flashdrive and connect it at the PC where you want to install it.
4- Before shut it on you gotta move USB to be 1º one at startup priorities at your BIOS settings.
5- Turn on the PC and it will load the windows install screen, here you proceed as always.
6- It will restart and install the last files. After its done you can remove your flashdrive. Remove your flashdrive before if it asks you to do that.

I gotta try setting flash drive as the top boot priority.

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 29, 2013, 03:42
I fiddled around with your computer a bit, and what I discovered is, you may have failing RAM sticks and a failing hard drive. As your computer is SUPER slow and your hard drive goes undetected by BIOS alot.

Since I heard you screaming "WHERE DA FUQ IS MY LAPTOPPPIEEEEEEEE!???????" this morning, I took it and decided to do some work with it. Though I have school tomorrow, and you're gonna play sick so here's what I want you to do:

4. Next you will use "list disk" to list all of the removable/non-removable storage devices.

7. The next thing you will do is "create partition primary" to make a partition on the hard drive.

9.  And the last thing you will do is "assign" to assign a letter drive to the hard drive.

OMG THANK YOU!!!! Now my computer recognizes my hard drive again!!!! :D

st0rm

Quote from: The_Hobo on January 29, 2013, 03:47

Unless you want to game. In that case, follow what Calvin and Matias said. If you don't care to game on that laptop use Ubuntu.

I dont hardcore game, I only play GTA SA as it is a very weak laptop (2 GB of RAM, Intel Pentium 2 Dual core processor). I should try Linux out.

Matias

[fail]

[/fail]

Go with your Ubuntu somewhere else  lol :P

Hobo

Quote from: xZoDusT on January 29, 2013, 03:49

I dont hardcore game, I only play GTA SA as it is a very weak laptop (2 GB of RAM, Intel Pentium 2 Dual core processor). I should try Linux out.
Linux doesn't game. Wine doesn't work well with GTA:SA. I love Linux for it's speed and plenty of other things, but it does not game.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Matias

Quote from: The_Hobo on January 29, 2013, 03:53
Quote from: xZoDusT on January 29, 2013, 03:49

Linux doesn't game. Wine doesn't work well with GTA:SA. I love Linux for it's speed and plenty of other things, but it does not game.

I have a friend that plays games with wine, but he has a very good PC for it, it can really make you lag.

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: xZoDusT on January 29, 2013, 03:48
Quote from: Matias. on January 29, 2013, 03:42

I gotta try setting flash drive as the top boot priority.

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 29, 2013, 03:42

OMG THANK YOU!!!! Now my computer recognizes my hard drive again!!!! :D

Alright, I hope you have been celebrating too long to close command prompt, because I have one more diskpart cmd for you to use.

format fs=ntfs.

That pretty much speaks for itself, after re-assigning the hard drive, the hard drive may or may not have a filesystem. So we will assign the NTFS filesystem to it. That's gonna take a while but it is the most effective version of format.

Older and wiser