News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Processor

Started by George, January 17, 2013, 18:09

George

Hey!I want to get some new pieces for my PC and i`m not sure about processor.Should i get a 3.6ghz AMD 4 cores or an intel i5?Thanks.
[]

Matias

If you gonna get an AMD with 4 cores then go for an intel i5.
Its worth to buy an AMD with 6 cores, 4 cores is like getting old.

Dr_dog

Its NOT Worth of buying AMD CPUs. Even though they are 8 or 6 core. no program can utilize them all smartly.
Go for i5 instead. Atleast they work. Also is your motherboard socket for intel or AMD? that choose which CPU you must have.
AMDs are generally cheap and they usually not most efficent either. on intel you pay for the extra reliability and stable CPUs. all AMD cpus are like test and prototypes

Quote from: Matias. on January 17, 2013, 18:13
If you gonna get an AMD with 4 cores then go for an intel i5.
Its worth to buy an AMD with 6 cores, 4 cores is like getting old.
as i said already. There is programs that can utilize 2 cores. But not really 4 efficiently so why bother with 6 or 8 cores?
Just pick i5 with Hyper Threading and you got '8 core CPU'
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Matias

I rather buy an intel instead of an AMD.
Intel is known for its good processors. I have a Pentium 4 with hyperthreading for atleast 7 years and it never dissapointed me. I am able to play MW3 using it :)

George

Quote from: Dr_dog on January 17, 2013, 18:19
Also is your motherboard socket for intel or AMD? that choose which CPU you must have.

I would have bought another motherboard so that wasn`t a problem.So i will go for an i5 then.I would have choose the AMD since it`s cheaper but i`ll have to wait for an i5.Anyway thanks for your time and quick reply.
Oh and what i wanted to say but i forgot is that i want a pc built for gaming if it helps.
[]

Matias

Quote from: George on January 17, 2013, 18:28
Also is your motherboard socket for intel or AMD? that choose which CPU you must have.

I would have bought another motherboard so that wasn`t a problem.So i will go for an i5 then.I would have choose the AMD since it`s cheaper but i`ll have to wait for an i5.Anyway thanks for your time and quick reply.
Oh and what i wanted to say but i forgot is that i want a pc built for gaming if it helps.

Btw it would be awesome if your videocard is a Radeon, since AMD and Radeon works fine when mixed :D :P

Matias

If your PC is meant to be gaming one that processor is okey, also you should search for a good videocard and some gb's of ram.

What i could do if i were you is: search for a videocard or watch gameplays of a game you want to run at youtube to check if that videocard is able to run the game. :)

George

Quote from: Matias. on January 17, 2013, 18:31

Btw it would be awesome if your videocard is a Radeon, since AMD and Radeon works fine when mixed :D :P
So you say that a amd processor and a radeon video card would work great?if so i was about to buy a radeon hd 7770 video card but i wasn`t sure about processor.
[]

Matias

Quote from: George on January 17, 2013, 18:33
Quote from: Matias. on January 17, 2013, 18:31

So you say that a amd processor and a radeon video card would work great?if so i was about to buy a radeon hd 7770 video card but i wasn`t sure about processor.

Dont get me wrong, Radeon works with intel, i said that a radeon videocard gets optimized better using an amd processor. But if you use an intel processor you will not get any problem.

George

I know it works with intel cause i got one right now.So i`ll get a 4 or 6 cores amd then.
[]

SeraMondialu

Quote from: George on January 17, 2013, 18:36
I know it works with intel cause i got one right now.So i`ll get a 4 or 6 cores amd then.

:lol: Go and buy an AMD, but after 6 months you will ask your parents for another processor  :trollface:

Dr_dog

Indeed. You will make big mistake by using AMD CPUs. Only thing i can think work that they can do is pinging itself and maybe doing some basic routing and firewall stuff. Intel is reliable and intel works. All the new AMD CPUs are like prototypes they dont test they just publish them to get more money to make more mistaked CPUs.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Matias

Quote from: SNOW15AWESOME on January 17, 2013, 18:40
Quote from: George on January 17, 2013, 18:36

:lol: Go and buy an AMD, but after 6 months you will ask your parents for another processor  :trollface:

/\ /\ /\

Matias

Get an intel, its worth the price and it will last longer than amd.

George

Quote from: Dr_dog on January 17, 2013, 18:43
Indeed. You will make big mistake by using AMD CPUs. Only thing i can think work that they can do is pinging itself and maybe doing some basic routing and firewall stuff. Intel is reliable and intel works. All the new AMD CPUs are like prototypes they dont test they just publish them to get more money to make more mistaked CPUs.
Ok.So all i want is to run the games like gta5 and some more that will be published this year to work decently.Until now i`m going for intel since i got some more good things about it.
[]