Suggestion: Disabling chat

Started by Deff, January 01, 2013, 07:20

Deff

The chat very annoying and spammy sometimes, we should have a option which can disable and clear the chat for us, that means mainchat will get disappeared just like when we press F7.

Problem is F7 is that the radar gets vanished too, only the chat should get vanished, not the radar.

Then we can enjoy trucking peacefully without the yellow/white chat blocking our screen display.  :D

Kenworth

An option could be to set the /pagesize to the minimum which is 10 for memory...

Deff

I already have it as 10, thats not the point, my suggestion is to completely make the chat disappear as a whole (like F7).

Kenworth

Quote from: Deff on January 01, 2013, 08:37
I already have it as 10, thats not the point, my suggestion is to completely make the chat disappear as a whole (like F7).
People have asked for this before and it's been denied..

X_Raided

good idea. too add to this , we should be able to remove the titles above cars. if youve gone to a big car show you know what i mean.

trying to see from admans point of veiw

Deff

Quote from: Kenworth on January 01, 2013, 08:47
Quote from: Deff on January 01, 2013, 08:37
People have asked for this before and it's been denied..

I would like to know the reason of denial because I don't see anything wrong with it.

Supreme

Deff

sardarji

I don't think so , it will happen , cuz it is not very useful.

TheSandman

Pressing F7 to remove chat is apart of SAMP, not the server.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Undercover

+100000000000000000000000000

Deff

Quote from: TheSandman on January 01, 2013, 13:03
Pressing F7 to remove chat is apart of SAMP, not the server.
No one mentioned here that its a part of the server :o
I am not saying that it should be done with F7, we can have a command like /mainchatoff for that.

Quote from: Undercover on January 01, 2013, 14:41
/clearchat

Get SA-MP keybinder and use it.
Clear chat is not any command in the server (except for admins which clears chat for everyone), besides if it has to be used with key binder then it has no point.

My suggestion is to add a feature so that chat gets off only for the players who turned it off, not for everyone. Players who want to keep the chat can keep, else they can disable. A command can be made for this. This will be a cool feature.

Quote from: sardarji on January 01, 2013, 12:26
I don't think so , it will happen , cuz it is not very useful.
Its useful for players for whom the mainchat is annoying at times.

sardarji

Quote from: Deff on January 01, 2013, 07:20
Clear chat is not any command in the server (except for admins which clears chat for everyone)
There is , use /clearchat , it clear your chat , BUT its not the solution :)
I am Neutral in this suggestion , as i dont need to disable main chat :P

Deff

Quote from: sardarji on January 01, 2013, 18:43
Quote from: Deff on January 01, 2013, 07:20
Clear chat is not any command in the server (except for admins which clears chat for everyone)
There is , use /clearchat , it clear your chat , BUT its not the solution :)
Oh didn't knew that xD
but yeah thats not the solution, because we will be able to see messages again in less then a second xD.

kukimaki

I guess this suggestion has been earlier denied because there are important notes in chat that should not be ignored.