Suggestion: Disabling chat

Started by Deff, January 01, 2013, 07:20

Matias

I was thinking on a fix for this but mick needs to use a textdraw. For example: If you type /hidemainchat you get a black box that hides the main chat but it would not work since it would hide the road ahead :P
And there are not fixes for this, since its a SAMP feature, at early days of SAMP you was allowed to hide chat but keep map, then people complained that to make movies at samp you had to keep F10 pressed to hide map, then samp allowed people to disable the map at the same time you hide chat using F7. They will not change it back, you gotta get used to the fact most people want it like that and dev team will not change it.

Deff

Quote from: kukimaki on January 01, 2013, 18:59
I guess this suggestion has been earlier denied because there are important notes in chat that should not be ignored.
Players can already press F7 so there is no point in forcing them to read something.
Besides its very hard to read every single line of the mainchat when 100 players are online, it just affects the eyes and we can't even concentrate on driving due to its regular updation.

@Matias:
Its very easy to script a command which can disable the mainchat, even a beginner can do it. I am very sure a pro scriptor like mick88 can do it very very easily within half an hour, there is no need of textdraw or something.

DJ_Smashon

You have to edit some samp file maybe a .dll but that ain't easy.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Deff

Quote from: DJ_Smashon on January 01, 2013, 19:13
You have to edit some samp file maybe a .dll but that ain't easy.

No, he just need to add few lines in the pawn code and compile it.
SAMP already has a native callback function OnPlayerText which needs to be modified. So its very simple and easy to do it.

Matias

Mick wont waste his time on this just to some guys that "hates" the chat.
This been suggested tons of time and mick never replied.
If you dont like the chat then ignore it as i did so many times. It is not that hard.

Quote from: mick88 on December 31, 2012, 14:49
I don't know when It's going to be implemented in server. I'm still working on the code + I have other projects and exams coming in a week. I work on everything in rotation, but I should focus on exams now. Most of the code is there (selling club vehicle, rewards for missions), so gamemode may be updated in few days to 2-3 weeks.

As he said he is busy with real life so this will not pass soon if he gets into it.

Deff

Quote from: Matias. on January 01, 2013, 19:20
Mick wont waste his time on this just to some guys that "hates" the chat.
This been suggested tons of time and mick never replied.
If you dont like the chat then ignore it as i did so many times. It is not that hard.

Quote from: mick88 on December 31, 2012, 14:49
I don't know when It's going to be implemented in server. I'm still working on the code + I have other projects and exams coming in a week. I work on everything in rotation, but I should focus on exams now. Most of the code is there (selling club vehicle, rewards for missions), so gamemode may be updated in few days to 2-3 weeks.

As he said he is busy with real life so this will not pass soon if he gets into it.

Yeah I know he is busy and got lot of important work to do, its just a suggestion.

Luzbelito

+1 maybe a cmd '/ignorechat' ?

Storm94

IIRC, CVT uses the default chat callback with no modifications. Basically, if you aren't muted (or don't meet any of the conditionals to not be able to chat), the server just sends your text (return 1; in OnPlayerText). To disable chat for ONE person would require a loop to run EVERY time a player sends a message. That loop would have to check if any of the players connected have their chat disabled, and if they do, then don't send the message to them, but send it to everyone else (which would require custom scripting the chat). Loops that run all the time + custom scripting in OPT = this idea will NEVER happen. Stop suggesting it.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Deff

Quote from: Storm94 on January 04, 2013, 07:23
IIRC, CVT uses the default chat callback with no modifications. Basically, if you aren't muted (or don't meet any of the conditionals to not be able to chat), the server just sends your text (return 1; in OnPlayerText). To disable chat for ONE person would require a loop to run EVERY time a player sends a message. That loop would have to check if any of the players connected have their chat disabled, and if they do, then don't send the message to them, but send it to everyone else (which would require custom scripting the chat). Loops that run all the time + custom scripting in OPT = this idea will NEVER happen. Stop suggesting it.
100 total loops for each single player (and total they are 100 players max) (if server is full and each player chats ingame, worst case)
and one variable x 100 (100=max players) thats not much

mamorunl

Quote from: Storm94 on January 04, 2013, 07:23

Really? Something implementable in what,, 10 minutes? And you are making a big fuzz out of it

Storm94

Quote from: Deff on January 04, 2013, 11:17
100 total loops for each single player (and total they are 100 players max) (if server is full and each player chats ingame, worst case)
and one variable x 100 (100=max players) thats not much
Thats a loop through 100 variables EVERY time a player sends a chat message. Which during peak hours is a lot. VERY taxing on a server to have loops that run that often. SA-MP is not threaded, so the server can only do ONE thing at a time.

Quote from: mamorunl on January 04, 2013, 12:17
Really? Something implementable in what,, 10 minutes? And you are making a big fuzz out of it
Its also been suggested AND rejected before. But people don't care, they just suggest it even more.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Matias

Quote from: Storm94 on January 04, 2013, 21:11
Quote from: mamorunl on January 04, 2013, 12:17
Its also been suggested AND rejected before. But people don't care, they just suggest it even more.

Dont worry, if it gets rejected one more time it will be added to not suggest list since this been suggested tons of times and people keep suggesting it

Deff

Quote from: Storm94 on January 04, 2013, 21:11
Its also been suggested AND rejected before.
Where it has been rejected ?
Just show me once.

Tyler

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Deff

Quote from: tyler12 on January 05, 2013, 11:18
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=12818.0
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=21588.0

They both are not "rejected", otherwise they would have been locked by mick, possibly, maybe in future such a feature may come in CVT if not for now, otherwise he would have just rejected and simply locked it if he didn't want that to happen ever in CVT.
Because truth is mainchat is spammy and annoying, everyone knows that.