Movement of server ...

Started by iPrivate, December 23, 2012, 16:23

iPrivate

After the movement of server , i have seen an issue .

I have problems with playing . Server "ping" is high  + much members that are playing causing major lag , makes the server unplayable .

Idk if this is only my problem , because i have not been interfaced with a issue like this before .

It maybe is lag because of the position of the hosting but it can be lag because of the low company stats ...

You maybe move server in french hosting , i used to host my server there and it used to have DDoS protection and low ping ..

Regards ..

Rockey

Im in the UK, before i had 30ping now its around 200+

Shake

Here we go again... As mentioned before, the ping is higher to all players yes, BUT everyone can play without any problems. If it's lag you have, it's your problem. I used to have 60 ping, I now have 200+ and it makes no difference at all. The server in Arizona is pretty good, with DDoS protection and all, and you should be happy that you can play.

iPrivate

I am happy that i can play but my PC is 7 years old , and not all people got a good PC to play GTA SA .

Even when server was good i had a lil bit of lag , but this is making me harder to play on server . I used to have 120 ping to the server but now it goes 200+ and i had to be kicked 2 times because of high ping ...

Spekter

Well, when i first heard about server's moving to Arizona i was unpleasantly surprised. But after i played a bit, i can say that everything is just ok. True, my ping has jumped from 50-60 to 200, but it doesnt make much of a difference, except that server seems much more stable. It sounds much worse then it really is.  :)

We'll see how is the server going to be in the next few weeks.

Matias

Ping doesnt make any difference to this since this is not a deathmatch server, packetloss does.
This host doesnt have any packetloss. Its your ISP that is having problems.

Also i been on this server 3 years with 300 ping, and never got kicked for high ping and never been warned for ramming or whatever related to lag. Its not an issue.

Joshy

If everyone follows the following rule, lag wouldn't really be a huge problem as Matias said: it's not a deathmatch server therefore latency will not be a huge issue.
QuoteKeep distance between you and truck in front of you - AT LEAST half length of full rig
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

kukimaki

Well, I do think this is an issue. I don't live on a farm, I don't have shitty ISP, but I get kicked every 5 minutes. My ping used to stay around 50 ms, now it never goes below 200, but I'd be already happy to have 200, my average is around 600. I'm happy for the server being stable and w/o packetloss and stuff, but I can't play this way. (True story, I never desynced during the total of ten minutes I managed to play.)
If the server location remains in the US, I (and maybe many non-american players without an ultra PC and 100/100 Mbps net) will be unhappy and feel ripped off. CVT has always been a European server, thus when every US player started to play on it, they knew what the European server location may mean to them, unlike the European players now that the server moved to its current location. Yes, 15 Mbps is maybe not enough for me to play CVT now, but it was until the server was on this side of the Atlantic.
And no, I really don't hate or have any negative feelings for US players, I just feel f****d now.

DJ_Smashon

The server is more stable. And yes it is playable with 200 ping but I've still had many accidents because of lagg.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Storm94

Red dot is server location, blue dot is where I live.

Love the new server location. My ping is under 50.

But, to reiterate, ping doesnt mean shit in CVT. Its all about connection quality, which this box has, if you have a bad connection, it is on your end.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Papa_John

I think admins should lock every topic about high ping warnings. I personally like the server location. Whne the server moved, my ping did not move much. Just be glad that this server host has DDoS protection and that the server will not be going down anymore.

iPrivate

Quote from: Papa_John on December 23, 2012, 18:22
I think admins should lock every topic about high ping warnings. I personally like the server location. Whne the server moved, my ping did not move much. Just be glad that this server host has DDoS protection and that the server will not be going down anymore.

Nope they wont lock this topic because for some it is issue but for some others it is not even a problem .

ON TOPIC : Ok , as some said , i think it is mine issue , so i think i'm gonna reformat PC or put linux in it , idk ... whatever i'll do will make PC faster so ... i maybe be afk for a while (  2-3 hours ) .

X_Raided

when the server is down people complain. when the server is moved people complain. not everyone is gonna be happy. but instead of complaining we can all be happy that atleast we are able to play. maybe raise the ping limit?

trying to see from admans point of veiw

mick88

Quote from: X_Raided on December 23, 2012, 18:50
when the server is down people complain. when the server is moved people complain. not everyone is gonna be happy. but instead of complaining we can all be happy that atleast we are able to play. maybe raise the ping limit?

Ping limit has actually been raised to 1000.

Tyler

Quote from: mick88 on December 23, 2012, 18:57
Quote from: X_Raided on December 23, 2012, 18:50

Ping limit has actually been raised to 1000.
That's too high in my opinion.

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig