Two suggestions.

Started by jNsN, December 13, 2012, 01:34

jNsN

1. To facilite insuring vehicles, I think server should add a shortcut command... Something like /insure (vehicle name/id) (days)

2. To register an account, player must advance to Rookie Trucker, it would avoid those Wannabes holding nicknames.

Grateful, Jensen.

Hobo

I like both. An /insure command would be very helpful.
I'm not sure how much work it would take to make the second one possible but it would be nice. Could be easy or could take more work.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Matias

Quote from: Gabriel Jensen on December 13, 2012, 01:34
[spoiler] 1. To facilite insuring vehicles, I think server should add a shortcut command... Something like /insure (vehicle name/id) (days)

2. To register an account, player must advance to Rookie Trucker, it would avoid those Wannabes holding nicknames.

Grateful, Jensen.[/spoiler]

1. Is helpful
2. HELL NO we cant ban they, almost all hackers are wannabes, if they doesnt have an account registered... How are we supposed to ban they?

Hobo

Quote from: Matias. on December 13, 2012, 01:57
2. HELL NO we cant ban they, almost all hackers are wannabes, if they doesnt have an account registered... How are we supposed to ban they?
When you ban anyone, whether they are registered or not (Yes, you can ban unregistered users), it bans their ip address.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheSandman

Quote from: The_Hobo on December 13, 2012, 02:35
Quote from: Matias. on December 13, 2012, 01:57
When you ban anyone, whether they are registered or not (Yes, you can ban unregistered users), it bans their ip address.
Mick made it ages ago that all players must register if im not mistaken.
But yes, i like #2, i dont mind number 1, it might help, but with mutliple vehciles of the same model, i dont know.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Ethan

1. To facilite insuring vehicles, I think server should add a shortcut command... Something like /insure (vehicle name/id) (days)

you have /phone> services> insure> pick a car> pick how long.. this just another reason that show how lazy some people are..

like sandman said, I think you have to register no matter what. if not. then I come on this server, I dont know what the hell to do but I have to somehow figure out to do missions in order to be able to register and play here normally... Mick said he wants it to be "newb friendly" (I believe those were his words), having it that way would not be..

Konali

1. i think it would be better if you could also choose to insure more than 30 days. /insure is not really needed , but sounds cool.
2. Players will never know after just 1 mission if they will like this server or not, besides that at almost every server i have been, they let you register direct at the start, its common shit and if im correct, a player file is just  a txd file in the database.

Since number 2 was purely suggested to witheld wannabes from taking up names, has not much effect im affraid. You ask mick to change the whole registration system just so that names will be available earlier  ''which is a guess, it cant be proven it will have this effect indeed''

:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

$nake

* $nake endorses them, gives +1, agrees, big YES! :D

AcTrOsS

1. +1
2. :-? i dont know.. i'm neutral xD

sardarji

Supreme

Laur

Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2012, 03:23

you have /phone> services> insure> pick a car> pick how long.. this just another reason that show how lazy some people are..

like sandman said, I think you have to register no matter what. if not. then I come on this server, I dont know what the hell to do but I have to somehow figure out to do missions in order to be able to register and play here normally... Mick said he wants it to be "newb friendly" (I believe those were his words), having it that way would not be..

i agree with ethan , what's hard in doing /phone , services etc ...

for 2nd , the current system is good i dont think its good to "update" it or change