News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Plz help me

Started by sardarji, December 03, 2012, 13:09

sardarji

Hey guys when i start my laptop it shows this message
C:/windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop refer to a location that is unavailable.

plz help me

sardarji

GHOST

try to restore your PC to the last working config. If everything was fine before you installed what ever you installed for ping, then that's the problem.

try this link for further info, maybe it will help

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/cwindowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop-refers/1f5b1141-3823-44dc-9486-610d261a7b27

Ethan

it means your trying to save a file to a folder that you might have moved, so the OS doesnt see it in the original place it was

lets say I have this folder:
C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\new mods\currently used\installed\vehicles and I move the vehicles folder to:
C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\new mods\currently used  if I want to save a file to the first folder destination, I cant because the vehicles folder was moved... its hard to explain really.... it just means your folder has moved, I think..

Matias

When did this start?
What you installed?
Do you have teamviewer? I can try to help you, add me on xfire :)

Matias

Quote from: Ethan on December 03, 2012, 14:18
it means your trying to save a file to a folder that you might have moved, so the OS doesnt see it in the original place it was

lets say I have this folder:
C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\new mods\currently used\installed\vehicles and I move the vehicles folder to:
C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\new mods\currently used  if I want to save a file to the first folder destination, I cant because the vehicles folder was moved... its hard to explain really.... it just means your folder has moved, I think..

No, it doesnt mean that; his notebook is trying to open a folder that doesnt exist on startup, it could be easy to fix or hard to fix, its just a matter of look whats the problem and fix it.

Ethan

could mean a dozen things but anything is a possibility, like what I said..

Matias

Quote from: Ethan on December 03, 2012, 14:29
could mean a dozen things but anything is a possibility, like what I said..

and thats why i said "its just a matter of look whats the problem and fix it." lol :P  :OK:

GHOST

He installed something to lower his ping, that's the thing that's causing the problems. Like Matias said, at start up (cause he gets this error when he starts his PC) the PC tries to load some things that don't exist even though I don't think that's what happened...a software made for for lowering Ping will mess with your hardware, internet config etc. So it's possible the software changed some settings or whatever and now Windows can't start properly.

Anyway, me telling stories about what could've went wrong is useless, I really don't know how to fix it. My method to fix Windows when it fucks up completely is to reinstall it, easy and simple...solves the problem. But you said you don't have the CD for Windows. So what's left is for you to download it.

Matias

First before do what Ghost said let me help you using teamviewer, i think i know the reason, i just need to have access to your PC for some minutes to be sure. Add me on xfire  8)

sardarji

This started today , when i downloaded a software for lowering my ping.
i saw the youtube video and did something like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxKIRjX0cr4

some icons r back when i started it multiple times, but still its not working properly.like google chrome is not opening.

sardarji

It seems that my ping is lowered somehow but my laptop is creating many problems.
@matias how i let u to access my laptop ? i dont have xfire but u add me on skype [jaymathur17]

thx Ghost , ethan and matias for your help , i hope u will get me out of this problem .
I really appriciate your help.

Matias

Ok i added you, just accept me on Skype :P