Tow Ropes

Started by Andy26473, November 27, 2012, 22:49

Andy26473

If you could implement a tow rope,
So whatever car or truck your in you can so someone who has asked you to help Or you could tow your second car or truck to a show, to your house or car park.
This Rope would cost about $1000 Each and you can only carry one at a time.
When Towing it would change your speed;
Car Towing Truck = 3/4 Loss of speed,
Truck Towing Car = 1/4 Loss of speed,
Truck Towing Truck = 1/2 Loss of speed
I will try and see if i can code one for you to try but in the mean time see if you like this idea.
This would be a great implement i think.

Andy26473

Please Suggest Improvements here please.

Andy26473

I think it should cost $1000 if it breaks when you unhook or $10000 if its reusable,
Personally i think the $1000 Option

Rubber

1. You can edit posts instead of posting 3 times...
2. I bet this suggestion has already been suggested before and denied.
3. I think this would probably be hard to script (think of the dynamics that are involved in towing a vehicle in real life...)
4. Even if it could be scripted, it probably wouldn't look good. What object/texture would you use for the rope/chains?
5. Completely pointless and unnecessary suggestion. This is a trucking server, not a role-play server. The only time you would ever possibly need this is if you ever run out of fuel...which is a big lame excuse. You should never run out of fuel because you can buy /fuelcan's.

Above all, this suggestion sounds an awful lot like what a towtruck does.....just buy a towtruck.

Ethan

Quote from: Rubber on November 28, 2012, 00:03
1. You can edit posts instead of posting 3 times...
2. I bet this suggestion has already been suggested before and denied.
3. I think this would probably be hard to script (think of the dynamics that are involved in towing a vehicle in real life...)
4. Even if it could be scripted, it probably wouldn't look good. What object/texture would you use for the rope/chains?
5. Completely pointless and unnecessary suggestion. This is a trucking server, not a role-play server. The only time you would ever possibly need this is if you ever run out of fuel...which is a big lame excuse. You should never run out of fuel because you can buy /fuelcan's.

Above all, this suggestion sounds an awful lot like what a towtruck does.....just buy a towtruck.

hes said enough