People who abuse glitches etc

Started by bazingashane0, November 11, 2012, 00:38

Should players still have a ban remained on them

First time offenders who don't know should be let off.
7 (28%)
Yes 14 days they should stay banned for
7 (28%)
Yes 30 days they should stay banned for
7 (28%)
Nope Admins should do their job after people being told not to do it.
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: November 18, 2012, 00:40

bazingashane0

There is a lot of people I see out there that get banned for abusing some kinda glitch or doing something that they no will get them banned possibly even after mods/ admins tell them not to do it.

My suggestion is for mods to reduce the ban to a a period of 14 or 30 days for repeat offenders who do so as I believe it's a waste of the mods / admins time.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Ethan

Quote from: mick88 on November 25, 2010, 22:35
General rules:

10) All gamemode bugs must be reported on forums. Exploiting bugs and using them for own advantage is not allowed. Do not report bugs in server chat. Exploitable bugs can be reported via admin inbox in forum. Using game bugs for own advantage (pausing, intentional lagging, etc.) is prohibited.

all bugs or possible bugs should always be reported, and if you know someone who might be abusing, report the person. the punishment is only based on how severe the action was.. they did it once/twice then reported it, will have a less severe consequence vs someone who did it for 4 months to gain money/points/ advantages over someone..

bazingashane0

Ethan I am talking about situations such as:
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,31977.0.html
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,31736.0.html

and there is probably other topics that have been deleted or archived with similar situations

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Dan_Nobleman

Since I am a repeat offender of this ( at least 8 times), I don't exactly support the full on approach of keeping them banned.

But regardless, even though it is a "waste of their time", they still have to deal with ban appeals, and un-banning them can't take more time than modifying their ban time.

Split in the middle.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Supreme

First time         no action just unban.
Second time    verbal warning.
Third time        ban 14 days.
Every time after is again 14 days ban.

Boy

Quote from: Nerminzz on November 11, 2012, 20:52
First time         no action just unban.
Second time    verbal warning.
Third time        ban 14 days.
Every time after is again 14 days ban.
something like this,
i know its exited to being banned and after that you don't have problems but,
if you do it more then once its just not cool anymore..
its wasting admin's time and other players won't like you more after a ban..
so i think what Nerminz said is a good suggestion.

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Konali

Its kinda like dan said, the amount of time these bans take is less than a minute. And it happens rarely once a week.
Yes they do waste our times, but we all know that smokey is not perfect and we certainly dont wanna see fences and walls mappen on every mountain of bridge etc.

And like Ethan said, people that abuse glitches to gain money or score will certainly be banned.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

OP

OP= Overpowered

Rubber

I think 14 days is a bit excessive. I think 7 days should suffice. But I totally agree with this. I occasionally get banned by smokey, but it's usually never for the same reason twice...and I don't do things that I KNOW will get me banned...that's just dumb and creates more work for admins.