The Sheer lack of 3slots and more

Started by Mooze, November 10, 2012, 19:22

Konali

Quote from: mick88 on November 13, 2012, 10:13
Take a look at billboard 7 to see how waiting lists work out:
http://www.convoytrucking.net/index.php?show=billboards

it would be even worse for houses.
Mick, $nake spent 8 million on that billboard, he rented it for almost a year for Photomania:)
But indeed , a waiting list would not be the solution.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Laur

there are lots of big houses and those are just bought by others players and they are inactive or they left .
anyway a good place for houses is  nearly snake , there is a big and a free place with small hills and would be good for some houses

EddieTheHead

Quote from: Supra on November 10, 2012, 22:30
I think the best way to get rid of that system where you have to race to be the first, and you always miss it, is to implement some kind of "waiting list"

Meaning that WHEN you have enough money for, lets say, a 3 slot, you can put yourself in a scripted list in-game, and when a 3 slot house comes up for sale, the first player in the list will be offered the house. He can accept to take it, or wait for the next. If he passes it on, the house will be offered to the 2nd player in the list. The first player on the list will stay first, and will get the next offer on a 3 slot.

And, if a player is on the list, but doesnt play, or isnt online during the time the house gets available, it should be passed on to the next within XXX time if he doesnt respond to it.

I could have missed some big problems and issues around this, but to me, it sounds like a fair way to get houses of higher slots.

+1 supra This is so far the best idea here to solve or at least reduce the problem. There could be also one list for 2 slot applicants, another list for 3 slot applicants and another slot for let's say 4 and more slots applicants so things don't mess.

Supra

Quote from: EddieTheHead on November 14, 2012, 14:04
I think the best way to get rid of that system where you have to race to be the first, and you always miss it, is to implement some kind of "waiting list"

Meaning that WHEN you have enough money for, lets say, a 3 slot, you can put yourself in a scripted list in-game, and when a 3 slot house comes up for sale, the first player in the list will be offered the house. He can accept to take it, or wait for the next. If he passes it on, the house will be offered to the 2nd player in the list. The first player on the list will stay first, and will get the next offer on a 3 slot.

And, if a player is on the list, but doesnt play, or isnt online during the time the house gets available, it should be passed on to the next within XXX time if he doesnt respond to it.

I could have missed some big problems and issues around this, but to me, it sounds like a fair way to get houses of higher slots.

+1 supra This is so far the best idea here to solve or at least reduce the problem. There could be also one list for 2 slot applicants, another list for 3 slot applicants and another slot for let's say 4 and more slots applicants so things don't mess.

Yeah, that was what I had in mind, 1 list for each slot, but it doesnt matter when none of the people with power here thinks anything good about it..

Konali

Supra i suggested the same thing 6 months ago to. Its a good idea, but it will not work.

After the xmas decorations are done, i will make a new type of map with some ideas to be creative with houses/parkings.
Then we will see if this works.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Barney_Ross

This is good idea, this way you can continue your working and your "estate agent" call you when you got house :D

Benny

Quote from: Konali on November 14, 2012, 14:58

After the xmas decorations are done, i will make a new type of map with some ideas to be creative with houses/parkings.
Then we will see if this works.
A good idea. ;)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL