The Sheer lack of 3slots and more

Started by Mooze, November 10, 2012, 19:22

Toux

Quote from: Supra on November 10, 2012, 22:30
I think the best way to get rid of that system where you have to race to be the first, and you always miss it, is to implement some kind of "waiting list"

Meaning that WHEN you have enough money for, lets say, a 3 slot, you can put yourself in a scripted list in-game, and when a 3 slot house comes up for sale, the first player in the list will be offered the house. He can accept to take it, or wait for the next. If he passes it on, the house will be offered to the 2nd player in the list. The first player on the list will stay first, and will get the next offer on a 3 slot.

And, if a player is on the list, but doesnt play, or isnt online during the time the house gets available, it should be passed on to the next within XXX time if he doesnt respond to it.

I could have missed some big problems and issues around this, but to me, it sounds like a fair way to get houses of higher slots.
Then i would put myself on this list and leave forever :trollface:

Supra

Quote from: Piggeh on November 11, 2012, 13:10
Quote from: Supra on November 10, 2012, 22:30
I think the best way to get rid of that system where you have to race to be the first, and you always miss it, is to implement some kind of "waiting list"

Meaning that WHEN you have enough money for, lets say, a 3 slot, you can put yourself in a scripted list in-game, and when a 3 slot house comes up for sale, the first player in the list will be offered the house. He can accept to take it, or wait for the next. If he passes it on, the house will be offered to the 2nd player in the list. The first player on the list will stay first, and will get the next offer on a 3 slot.

And, if a player is on the list, but doesnt play, or isnt online during the time the house gets available, it should be passed on to the next within XXX time if he doesnt respond to it.

I could have missed some big problems and issues around this, but to me, it sounds like a fair way to get houses of higher slots.
Then i would put myself on this list and leave forever :trollface:

And thats why I wrote that if you dont respond to the offer in XXX time, it will be passed on. So by doing that, you would only delay the list by a day or two, no big deal :)

Mirza965

Make new island, put on it 50 slot 4 houses, make a bridge to the island, it will help solving the problem. Since I have started playing I only saw one 4 slot house for sale, everything else was one slot with maybe ten to fifteen 2 slots.

Mooze

Quote from: rockey96 on November 10, 2012, 23:04
I dont see why there couldnt be a system thats like this:

Example; buy your house as normal then add upgrade slots in the shop. Each upgrade works like upgrading house and costs the same price difference? But you can still only park the origional amount of cars at that house, all others must be parked in parking lots..

this is exactly what i said besides perhaps allowing 1 more car at the house

Benny

The house sistem is good as it is, we just need to work more on them(houses).

Make new houses(like islands), and evict inactive players.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Mooze

Quote from: Mr.Benny on November 11, 2012, 18:15
The house sistem is good as it is, we just need to work more on them(houses).

Make new houses(like islands), and evict inactive players.

i agree to this but i werent gonna suggest more spots and such just another script to allow more vehicles to be bought by an upgrade.

Konali

To rescript the house or vehicle system is not worth it, there will always be a lack of houses.
Perhaps with new mapping projects like this might work:

Houses : 0m parking size, placed directly at a parking tower = allowing it to be a 3/4/5 slot then.
Only the parking tower would need parking metres, instead of every seperate house.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

sardarji

Quote from: Konali on November 11, 2012, 20:04
Houses : 0m parking size, placed directly at a parking tower = allowing it to be a 3/4/5 slot then.
Only the parking tower would need parking metres, instead of every seperate house.
It would be helpful , i like your idea :))

Mooze

To rescript the house or vehicle system is not worth it, there will always be a lack of houses.
Perhaps with new mapping projects like this might work:

well the lack of houses would be solved shit loads if people could upgrade their house by just 1 slot already :)
but indeed your idea would be effective aswell and much easyer to do

Terror310

Terrorista310

Quote from: Terror310 on November 12, 2012, 10:57

That is a really nice vid there  ;)
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Twido

Place random boxes on map, createhouse icon their with 3slots no parking
and they will be happy

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Benny

Quote from: Twido on November 12, 2012, 18:53
Place random boxes on map, createhouse icon their with 3slots no parking
and they will be happy
:lol:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

kukimaki

Quote from: mick88 on November 10, 2012, 21:57
No, I can't add houses in that area for many reasons. Some of them being that players will buy them out quickly anyway, and then keep complaining. Another being that I don't want to spoil that area. I can't just cover the map in houses. It will look terrible.

You, sir, won my Internet today.
(And that's why I complained about The Valley (and generally about whole WC...))

mick88

Take a look at billboard 7 to see how waiting lists work out:
http://www.convoytrucking.net/index.php?show=billboards

it would be even worse for houses.