The Sheer lack of 3slots and more

Started by Mooze, November 10, 2012, 19:22

Mooze

recently there have been added many new 1 slot houses.
i say this is rather pointless its nice for newbies being able to buy 1 slots and such
but the real problem is is that there is just a sheer lack of 3+ slot houses.
id say look for a possibility to upgrade houses rather than build new houses ( this way you cant say i havent read the rules about suggesting NEW houses)

find out players that own certain houses and then UPGRADE them to 3-4 5 6 whatever slots.
OR
allow a player to buy upgrades for his house in order to own more vehicles.
the reason i say this is that i have been waiting for about 2 months to buy myself a 3 slot. it actually is making me fed up.
i know i dont need that many cars but its just a nice thing to have.

so my suggestion is for a new script (yep im sorry for the one that makes the scripts)

someone can buy a house IE a 1 slot for 1 mill.
a 2 slot costs 3 mill to buy and the player will have to sell his old 1 slot to buy the 2 slot so he'll have to add 2.5 mill for his house.
etc you get my point.

now my idea was, look at the houses and how much parking space they have.
then for the script
a 1 slot can be upgraded to a 2 slot (AS LONG AS THEY PARK THEIR CARS PROPERLY)
2 can be upgraded to 3 (maybe 4 depending on their parking space)
3 can be upgraded to 4 and perhaps 5 (again parking space)

then for individual upgrade prices.
to upgrade a 1 slot to a 2 slot you will have to pay an additional 3-4 mill
upgrade a 2 slot to a 3 slot 7 mill or such

etc etc
and then for the player if he wants to sell his house to buy a new one
he will still get half the ammount (as normal) but with the upgrade perhaps an additional 30 percent from it.
then you wont get as much bitching about houses and players will be carefull what they do.

cause right now as i see it there are MANY relative inactive players with 3+ slots that are just being used for Fuck all now.
think about my suggestion and dont start about the posting rules of house mapping and such.

all it would be is the ability to upgrade SLOTS not the house itself
i understand this would be a hell of alot of scripting to do but as you can see im not bitching about changing much and you dont have to change individual houses its a script to allow houses to be upgraded :)

Hobo

• Do Not Suggest House Stuff like slots and or addon's to your house

http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,20.0.html

If you know someone with a house and they are inactive, add them to the list here: http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,16107.0.html

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

mick88

Houses cannot be upgraded, because ideally they already have as many slots as possible. If not, I will adjust house slots provided the house is not already owned.

Every time someone complains about lack of high slot houses, the only solution that comes to my mind is increasing price gap.

Terrorista310

Quote from: mick88 on November 10, 2012, 20:13
Every time someone complains about lack of high slot houses, the only solution that comes to my mind is increasing price gap.

:seriously_guy:

How about make new houses in this area:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Put some roads to get there, remove some trees.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Mooze

Quote from: Terrorista310 on November 10, 2012, 20:54

:seriously_guy:

How about make new houses in this area:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Put some roads to get there, remove some trees.
yep i'd say more houses too but that would be a hell of a lot time wasted for the mappers and scripters making it in that area, but yeah it would be nice having some cabins in and around that area :)

Houses cannot be upgraded, because ideally they already have as many slots as possible. If not, I will adjust house slots provided the house is not already owned.

i can see your point and you would have indeed a bigger chance of getting a bigger slot that way, but its just a matter of time then aint it ? i mean just now i just wasted 6 mill on vehicles cause i was annoyed because today i nearly got the 3 slot that was up for sale but then some admin kicked me (admin abuse) i have print screen of an admin saying "u mad?" to wind me up but thats a different thing.

but along with me there will be another 100 players with a 7 mill cash pile waiting for a 3 slot or to save up for a 4 slot but the gap between a 2 slot to 4 slot is already immense..

but all i can say mick is think about it , then make your choice i understand that most houses already have as many slots as possible.

mick88

No, I can't add houses in that area for many reasons. Some of them being that players will buy them out quickly anyway, and then keep complaining. Another being that I don't want to spoil that area. I can't just cover the map in houses. It will look terrible.

Terrorista310

Quote from: mick88 on November 10, 2012, 21:57
No, I can't add houses in that area for many reasons. Some of them being that players will buy them out quickly anyway, and then keep complaining. Another being that I don't want to spoil that area. I can't just cover the map in houses. It will look terrible.

Or put houses in wet county road, removing the free-way and adding a small road with houses one by one, idk mick, the server is getting bigger and one slot houses are to mainstream, everyone want a 2 or more slots.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Supra

I think the best way to get rid of that system where you have to race to be the first, and you always miss it, is to implement some kind of "waiting list"

Meaning that WHEN you have enough money for, lets say, a 3 slot, you can put yourself in a scripted list in-game, and when a 3 slot house comes up for sale, the first player in the list will be offered the house. He can accept to take it, or wait for the next. If he passes it on, the house will be offered to the 2nd player in the list. The first player on the list will stay first, and will get the next offer on a 3 slot.

And, if a player is on the list, but doesnt play, or isnt online during the time the house gets available, it should be passed on to the next within XXX time if he doesnt respond to it.

I could have missed some big problems and issues around this, but to me, it sounds like a fair way to get houses of higher slots.

Supreme

Quote from: Supra on November 10, 2012, 22:30
I think the best way to get rid of that system where you have to race to be the first, and you always miss it, is to implement some kind of "waiting list"

Meaning that WHEN you have enough money for, lets say, a 3 slot, you can put yourself in a scripted list in-game, and when a 3 slot house comes up for sale, the first player in the list will be offered the house. He can accept to take it, or wait for the next. If he passes it on, the house will be offered to the 2nd player in the list. The first player on the list will stay first, and will get the next offer on a 3 slot.

And, if a player is on the list, but doesnt play, or isnt online during the time the house gets available, it should be passed on to the next within XXX time if he doesnt respond to it.

I could have missed some big problems and issues around this, but to me, it sounds like a fair way to get houses of higher slots.

Best idea ever, a medal for this man. +1

Rockey

I dont see why there couldnt be a system thats like this:

Example; buy your house as normal then add upgrade slots in the shop. Each upgrade works like upgrading house and costs the same price difference? But you can still only park the origional amount of cars at that house, all others must be parked in parking lots..

Rockey

Scrap my last idea..! this is amazing!!  ^-^

Boy

Wow nicee!! But this will take a long time, i think around 200 players have allready the money for a 2slot..
But maybe..

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Supra

Yes, but then again, 2 slots arent that rare, so the list would go down pretty fast.

And maybe 2 slots arent even needed to have a system like that, maybe only 3 slots and above, or even just 4 slots and higher.

George

+1 you got a cookie:D
[]

Benny

We should work more on the inactive players, and evict them.
Or make islands whit houses, we need that! (new maps).

And a +1 for that!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT